Enunwa Fined - Not Happy (MERGED)

9 minutes ago, SR24 said:

They’re paying him to rehab so missing a rehab might as well be missing a practice for him. He admits he didn’t give them enough notice it’s on him 100% the Jets should pay him to take his girlfriend out when he has a scheduled rehab? Cmon 

The issue for me is tact. The Jets FO has zero which is why things always seem to happen w their players. It’s not about right or wrong it’s how they handle it, which inables the players to take it public. The culture is sh*t on and off the field

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SR24 said:

They’re paying him to rehab so missing a rehab might as well be missing a practice for him. He admits he didn’t give them enough notice it’s on him 100% the Jets should pay him to take his girlfriend out when he has a scheduled rehab? Cmon 

When you put it this way, that's true. It is coming out of money he is getting paid.

If you told your boss why you were not at work after the fact   Especially for the excuses he brought up. What do you think that conversation would be like.  If a family member was sick or died.  I would still text or email my bosses immediately to tell them what is going on..  This conversation is over.  He was wrong.  Take the chump change out of your pocket Quincy and call it a day.  This is just immature behavior.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Be interested to see how common this practice is around the league.

This is what I'm wondering. I can't think of any similar examples off the top of my head. Seems strange to hear a player on IR with a career threatening injury getting fined. 

People pointing out he's getting paid and it's his job are right though.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The issue for me is tact. The Jets FO has zero which is why things always seem to happen w their players. It’s not about right or wrong it’s how they handle it, which inables the players to take it public. The culture is sh*t on and off the field

Enunwa probably would have got away with this under Maccagnan. Douglas is trying to set an example about ethic and culture. Enunwa ran foul of it. Tough titties.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Hard to feel bad for Quincy...  If I don't show up at work for 2 days I don't get paid for 2 days..  He got 20 million dollars guaranteed and may have only played 1 game for it.  They didn't need to fine him the max but they do need to get away from Bowles funhouse where multiple players showed up late.

Nobody cares if you show up for work. Nobody cares if he showed up for his one rehab given he’s out for the season. The player/fo relationship is so bad he took it public. Whether he’s right or wrong it’s the culture that stinks. Given he’s one of the more credible players in terms of character on the team speaks volumes to what a sh*t organization it is

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Also, Quincy.  Come on dude.  You are a millionaire.  If your wife is a veteran, maybe take her out for dinner for veterans day and not lunch, cheapskate.

This always gets lost. They are making millions. The coddling and the excuses for missing a 2 hour treatment max is silly. Airing this out on social media basically ended his jets tenure.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It’s typical polluted Jets FO inability to relate and mange their players/organization w any kind of tact. I’m sure the first he heard of the fine was reading it on the tv. I dunno maybe talk to the player first, have some tact. Create a culture players want to play for. Stop making inexcusable bad decisions like mic’ing your second year QB on the worst offense in football against the best team in football on Monday night for ESPN. They’re business IQ is below substandard. The Johnson’s are sh*t.

Eh. I get what you’re saying. But with this? Eh. 

What should they have done? Call him up personally and say hey, you coming in? It’s not hard to call and tell them you’re not making it. 

And so what if he went and explained afterwards, if they take away his fine then all players are gonna ask for it.  

This is all on him. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Nobody cares if you show up for work. Nobody cares if he showed up for his one rehab given he’s out for the season. The player/fo relationship is so bad he took it public. Whether he’s right or wrong it’s the culture that stinks. Given he’s one of the more credible players in terms of character on the team speaks volumes to what a sh*t organization it is

Gruden cut Ronald Ollies ass on Hard Knocks for just being late to rehab.  In the grand scheme of things you're right Enunwa missing a day doesn't mean sh-t but this was an undisciplined, underachieving team under Bowles.  They have to make a strong statement to show that the behavior in years past is no longer acceptable.  The fact they seem to be posting fines for all to see should tell you what they're trying to do.

Plenty hard ass coaches cut, fine, or demote players for being late or missing practice.  We just never heard about it before because there was no twatter.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

IMG_3494.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is just as bad.  You got paid a boatload of money for 60 minutes of Football.  Q we know you should hang it up.  Don't need any 50/50 from a doctor to tell all Jet Fans what we already know.  You were a trooper when you were able to be on the field.  You have retirement money.  Call it a day.  Do the right thing so they finish paying you and get the injury buyout and walk off into the sunset and still able to walk.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I value Damien Woody's opinion more than just about any media person out there for the Jets.  Very balanced with a players perspective.  This was in response after some told him what the uproar was about.

None of these guys ever had a real 9 to 6.  They just do not get it.  They play a game for millions, while we the fans pay their bills.  Just have to laugh about it.

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just following the lead of our fearless leader Adams.

The team is paying your scrubby overrated butt a ton of money,  (thank mccaganan) Show up or let them know before hand as you admit you should have and there is no issue.

What does this have to do with Jamal?  The team fined the guy for missing treatments and he wasn’t happy about it.  I don’t blame him but he obviously was irked to the point where he felt like making it public.