Enunwa Fined - Not Happy (MERGED)

9 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Excepting a couple of free agents, every player on this roster has been a loser his entire career, so excuse me if I don’t give them the benefit of the doubt on “yeah, I no-showed a scheduled treatment, but I had a really good excuse.”

And not for nothing, but Belichick once sent Revis home because he got stuck in a blizzard and showed up to practice 15 minutes late. 

The fact that multiple teammates approached him says theres a huge cultural problem here. Entitled complainers metastasize quickly organizationally and it seems the lock room is full of them.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

The fact that multiple teammates approached him says theres a huge cultural problem here. Entitled complainers metastasize quickly organizationally and it seems the lock room is full of them.

Or, there was a culture problem before that DID NOT take care of these things, and there is leftover residual of that culture which has to change.

It can cut both ways.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Or, there was a culture problem before that DID NOT take care of these things, and there is leftover residual of that culture which has to change.

It can cut both ways.

We are saying the same thing, no?

My take is that Gase and JD are cracking down on the losers that the Macanderthal brought in, which is leading to situations like this 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

My take is that Gase and JD are cracking down on the losers that the Macanderthal brought in, which is leading to situations like this 

Gotcha. Wasn't sure if you were saying the culture was manifested by the new regime or former.

My take is that culture is more imparted through management than it is by rogue actors. Rogue actors are brought in line by proper culture through expectations that are communicated and corrected.

Poor cultural leadership is symptomatic throughout, and when new culture ultimately shifts is when there is a kick-back by those that cannot adapt.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Gotcha. Wasn't sure if you were saying the culture was manifested by the new regime or former.

My take is that culture is more imparted through management than it is by rogue actors. Rogue actors are brought in line by proper culture through expectations that are communicated and corrected.

Poor cultural leadership is symptomatic throughout, and when new culture ultimately shifts is when there is a kick-back by those that cannot adapt.

Agreed completely. This is at its core a Mac / Bowles problem. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, CTM said:

This is the big concern, after two player friendly coaches (Rex and Todd) - this locker room needs a flush, but also parts of society - entitled people who complain but do not work - not all rules are right but we have to have some rules or chaos and I am sorry but a $27k fine for not showing up or calling into work for two days after stealing $20M is nothing - most of us would be fired...

The Jets gave him that stupid contract (faith) and he went on IR the next day - and this is how he repays that faith, should be thanking them - can't complain about a career he never had - a few good games and lots of time in rehab

• Upvote 1

I'm not reading through 7 pages on this, so I'm sure someone else has already had this take.

But my initial reaction was shock that they just post player fines on a video screen as if it was the daily lunch special.

Quincy Enunwa - fined $27,500 missed treatments

Sloppy Joe Day! - $6.99 make it a meal for $8.49!

• Haha 2

Looks like Robby Anderson is one of the teammates who agrees with Q.

Looks like JD and Gase are trying to change the culture and hold people accountable. I guess this stuff can happen. I feel bad for Q because he's been a good player for us and is at a career crossroads with this injury, but it is what it is. The Jets either have rules or they don't I guess.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 7.27.59 AM.png

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Flash poll: does anyone have a job where no-call/no-show isn’t treated like a federal crime? At my workplace, you can literally punch a coworker in the face and nothing happens to you, but a no-call/no-show is just about a terminal offense. 

What if someone else came into your workplace and smashed you in the face? Is that ok? Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I lease my daughter a new car while her and I catch up on student loans and her lease is up soon on her 2017 VW Jetta not looking forward to dealing with any car dealer. Any tips on getting a better deal on a lease looking for no money down options, she wants an SUV type this time maybe maybe a Nissan Rogue or Jeep Compass. 

I would stay away from the jeep compass (and patriot). They are complete junk and shouldn't even be on the open road.

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Taking this issue to social media shows just how immature some of these players are.

And then burying the lead (I had an appointment , I didn't show) just makes you look so stupid.

I am still very much on the cliff with Gase and company, but this actually gives me a little more hope.

The second that hit Twitter his key fob would have been turned off in New England.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RoadFan said:

This organization is an embarrassment to its fans.  One thing after another.

I wish the STHs would stop paying for tickets... and stop going.   

I havent watched this team play for 3 weeks in a row.  Have gone fishing every Sunday.  I am doing just fine.

Apathy is the message to send the Johnsons.

I hope you caught some fish.?

He's being paid, while not playing, $10 or so mil and can't  make it to a rehab assignment because he needs to go to lunch?  A lunch he wouldn't have been turned down for if he had contacted the team beforehand?  Then he tweets it because he felt the need to let everyone know he was stealing money and just couldn't bother to do the right thing? 

He clearly knew he was wrong, pulled at people's heart over heads by typing VETERAN, as if that really makes a difference.  And how doesn't effect the 2nd miss treatment? A treatment for not only a football injury but one that could lead to a lifetime of issues? 

Hes so wrong and yet so many just hate management and just automatically blame management

11 hours ago, RoadFan said:

This organization is an embarrassment to its fans.  One thing after another.

I wish the STHs would stop paying for tickets... and stop going.   

I havent watched this team play for 3 weeks in a row.  Have gone fishing every Sunday.  I am doing just fine.

Apathy is the message to send the Johnsons.

Well I don't want to get in your business but you got a big decision to make pretty soon.

The lakes are about to freeze.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

I doubt Gase knows or cares a thing about it and it probably isn’t even a Douglas decision tbh. I’m not sure but would be surprised. 

Did he deserve to get fined.  Yes he did.  

However, the Jets could've gave him a break if he actually took his veteran wife out for lunch on Veterans day.  Also I'm not sure the protocol with broadcasting everyone's business for the whole team to see but that also seems a little distasteful.  

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I lease my daughter a new car while her and I catch up on student loans and her lease is up soon on her 2017 VW Jetta not looking forward to dealing with any car dealer. Any tips on getting a better deal on a lease looking for no money down options, she wants an SUV type this time maybe maybe a Nissan Rogue or Jeep Compass. 

Seriously?

Start a thread in the lounge.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He's being paid, while not playing, $10 or so mil and can't  make it to a rehab assignment because he needs to go to lunch?  A lunch he wouldn't have been turned down for if he had contacted the team beforehand?  Then he tweets it because he felt the need to let everyone know he was stealing money and just couldn't bother to do the right thing? 

He clearly knew he was wrong, pulled at people's heart over heads by typing VETERAN, as if that really makes a difference.  And how doesn't effect the 2nd miss treatment? A treatment for not only a football injury but one that could lead to a lifetime of issues? 

Hes so wrong and yet so many just hate management and just automatically blame management

Nobody cares about Enunwa. Of course he can go pound sand. You’re missing the point That there’s a larger cultural issue going on mostly due to piss poor ownership 

• Sympathy 1

This.
I'm usually one to side with payer/ labor over management, but c'mon QE.
You had to take your wife to lunch, then miss the next day, don't contact the team until you feel like it. and then complain about a fine?
You're making 9 million. Show up for treatment. It's not a lot to ask of you.

Exactly. The team is paying him millions of dollars. Millions of dollars. A phone call is not too much to ask. The team has every right to hold someone they are paying like that to a standard and expectations.

Could you imagine an executive who was making $8 mil or whatever pulling a no call
No show? Then saying he decided lunch was more important? No
F’in way.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I doubt Gase knows or cares a thing about it and it probably isn’t even a Douglas decision tbh. I’m not sure but would be surprised. 

I think Gase is likely well aware if the culture is crap. Not suggesting he's the guy to fix it but he kind of screams dedicated to football so I'm sure he's honed in on those that aren't

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is what I'm wondering. I can't think of any similar examples off the top of my head. Seems strange to hear a player on IR with a career threatening injury getting fined. 

People pointing out he's getting paid and it's his job are right though.

Yea and how does this work?

Did Q mean he no showed and no called when he mentioned he did it "after the fact"?

That would be ridiculous. Q is an entitled a hole