Enunwa Fined - Not Happy (MERGED)

37 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

We can blame Q and say he gets paid millions to rehab and he should have told the team and blah blah blah......the fact that these issues are repeatedly happening this year are concerning to say the least....

What issues? Holding players accountable? If this isn't done, everyone would complain there's no accountability and the inmates are running the asylum. So choose people cause you can't have it both ways.

• Upvote 3

Just now, SR24 said:

**** QE. Guys supposed to be a vet in the locker room and brings this to twitter AFTER no call no showing at his job? If Veterans day was so important to him he would have had that lunch planned for days and should have given the team notice. All this "Our FO is trash" talk Is an absolute joke, they're paying him 9mil to rehab show up to work you injured trashcan. Joe D needs to eradicate the diseases that are plaguing this locker room 

exactly.  culture is changing, guys will be gone.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

exactly.  culture is changing, guys will be gone.  

1 strike policy from now on especially when it comes to taking in house issues public like that. Guy fleeces us for $9mil a year and thinks he can just skip his commitments to go to a lunch? Absolutely not 

48 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Did he deserve to get fined.  Yes he did.  

However, the Jets could've gave him a break if he actually took his veteran wife out for lunch on Veterans day.  Also I'm not sure the protocol with broadcasting everyone's business for the whole team to see but that also seems a little distasteful.  

Peer pressure can be a wonderful motivator in a well run organization. Don’t want your name and ‘business’ on the board for all to see?  Show up for work and at least give the appearance you give a sh*t about the TEAM that you are part of. 

• Upvote 1

I dunno man. I don't know all the details. Sounds like it COULD have been handled better but c'mon man, this dude is getting paid an insane amount of money, he is not playing, he HAS to go to treatments- ALL of them. If there is a reason he can't go he has to tell the team or he will get fined- sounds pretty cut and dry to me. Why does he have to be handled with kid gloves? Dude is an adult. I would imagine had he told the team in advance they would not have fined him or handled it differently. 

If all fines get put up on the board, shouldn't his? I dunno man, I'm not 100% with Enunwa on this. 

Its shocking all the defense of QE here, and extremely disappointing how QE won't take responsibility for his actions. He gets paid a lot of money by the Jets. He has rules he has to follow. If he doesn't follow those rules, he gets fined. If I don't follow my jobs rules, I don't get to make excuses, and  I certainly dont get to wine about it.

Q, take responsibility for your actions, be a man, thats what men do.

As for the Jets, if you let people start slipping on rules without consequences, the rule breaking gets worse and worse. People dont have to play for the NFL, but if they do, they need to follow team rules. The team rules are extremely realistic and easy enough to follow them. Follow them and no problem. FFS

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SR24 said:

1 strike policy from now on especially when it comes to taking in house issues public like that. Guy fleeces us for $9mil a year and thinks he can just skip his commitments to go to a lunch? Absolutely not 

Dude he got hurt, Jets knew about his injury history when they gave him that massive contract, how did he FLEECE the Jets??? 

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

It certainly seems like it's a part of the culture shift taking place. With that said though, this is terrible press all the way around no matter if Quincy is in the wrong here.

And, whose fault is that?  Q brought it up on Twitter...not the Jets. 

are the Jets supposed to tolerate nonsense in fear that a player, who’s at fault in the first place, making them look bad by going public?

i would bet that most NFL players, if polled anonymously, would have an issue with what Q did, fully understanding that the team they play for wouldn’t tolerate it either. 

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Looks like Robby Anderson is one of the teammates who agrees with Q.

Looks like JD and Gase are trying to change the culture and hold people accountable. I guess this stuff can happen. I feel bad for Q because he's been a good player for us and is at a career crossroads with this injury, but it is what it is. The Jets either have rules or they don't I guess.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 7.27.59 AM.png

Where does it say that Anderson agrees with Enunwa?  How do you know he wasnt saying that he agrees with most, that what Enunwa did was wrong?  Why are we left to assume he's just blindly agreeing with a player and blaming mgt like some fans?

8 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Peer pressure can be a wonderful motivator in a well run organization. Don’t want your name and ‘business’ on the board for all to see?  Show up for work and at least give the appearance you give a sh*t about the TEAM that you are part of. 

Peer pressure is one thing.  Broadcasting other people's money situations is another.  I'm a firm believer in what's going on in my pockets is between myself and my employer.  No one else.  

The amount of people pocket watching on here is disgusting also.  All I see is people talking about he's making millions blah blah blah.  So the hell what?  What does that have to do with it?  That's a contract that was signed by both parties and have nothing to do with the situation.  

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Nobody cares about Enunwa. Of course he can go pound sand. You’re missing the point That there’s a larger cultural issue going on mostly due to piss poor ownership 

No I'm not, I'm commenting on a player who thinks hes more important than rules and they can be broken for his benefit.  

They fined him, doesnt seem like a ownership issue because some player goes rogue, misses a scheduled appt and is fined.  Ownership issue would be if they let it go and then had issues with players.  Some just bend backwards to turn a simple disciplinary issue into an opportunity to blame ownership.  

Who cares, go beat WSH!!!  Everyone and their pets have phones these days, if Enunwa
wasn't going to make his appointment he should've called.  Gase may be a jerk with
fines but in any relationship if you don't show up to an appointment and not call
you are going to face consequences:

- A child not calling their parents
- An employee not calling their job
- A husband not calling their wife (watch out)  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It certainly seems like it's a part of the culture shift taking place. With that said though, this is terrible press all the way around no matter if Quincy is in the wrong here.

It is and part of me thinks that it might deter future FA's, but I dunno, maybe it's just going to deter the types of losers you don't want here anyway.

If a player thinks it's ok to skip rehab and not notify the team, do we want them here?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Where does it say that Anderson agrees with Enunwa?  How do you know he wasnt saying that he agrees with most, that what Enunwa did was wrong?  Why are we left to assume he's just blindly agreeing with a player and blaming mgt like some fans?

Its pretty clear from Robby's liking of the tweet where Robby stands on this, and not surprising at all. Robby may nut in someones eye if he gets fined for breaking a rule.....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Flash poll: does anyone have a job where no-call/no-show isn’t treated like a federal crime? At my workplace, you can literally punch a coworker in the face and nothing happens to you, but a no-call/no-show is just about a terminal offense. 

I would never do this but I have a co-worker who just didn't show up for almost two weeks and he walked back unscathed.

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He liked the tweet. I'm taking that as he supports what Enunwa is saying. I could be wrong. It's just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I dunno man. I don't know all the details. Sounds like it COULD have been handled better but c'mon man, this dude is getting paid an insane amount of money, he is not playing, he HAS to go to treatments- ALL of them. If there is a reason he can't go he has to tell the team or he will get fined- sounds pretty cut and dry to me. Why does he have to be handled with kid gloves? Dude is an adult. I would imagine had he told the team in advance they would not have fined him or handled it differently. 

If all fines get put up on the board, shouldn't his? I dunno man, I'm not 100% with Enunwa on this. 

I mostly agree - it's just concerning that we are repeatedly having these injury issues aired in public. Q is getting paid and needs to be responsible - that's on him. But is the way the Jets are handling these situations the norm? It seems like maybe it's not given all the publicity surrounding them lately.

Maybe teams are normally more forgiving when dudes careers are in jeopardy from injury? I don't know. Something just seems off with allllll the injuries and all these grievances.

Rules are rules.  Quincy apparently broke the rules and got fined.  The fact that he would take to social media to try to make his point is the new normal in the world of professional sports, and it's up to the teams to try and curb this as much as possible, and eliminate the problem when necessary to keep order and control.  This isn't the wild wild west.  There are rules that need to be followed.  The inmates cannot run the asylum.   These soft, entitled millionaire crybabies need to stop whining when the world doesn't kiss their ass.    Good on the Jets here.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Agreed completely. This is at its core a Mac / Bowles problem. 

I have no evidence to support, but probably goes back further to Rex.  Suspect Mangini tried to change the culture back to Parcells era post-Herm and Woody listened to the locker room helping to force Mangini out.  This flush out needs to happen...

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Well I don't want to get in your business but you got a big decision to make pretty soon.

The lakes are about to freeze.

I know you dont like when us non-STHs get up in your business.  Appreciate you keeping it humorous.

But ain't no freezin' down here in sunny Florida!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

28k is around .5 % of his salary. That about the same as some making 30 grand a year getting a 150 dollar red light camera ticket. 

Get over it lol

NFL careers are really short. They need to stretch that money over many years. Q's career might be over. 

My point is just that it's not a good comparison.

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

2 thoughts.

#1, Q, you know the rules.   Show up for therapy.  If you no show, without telling them first, you are going to get fined.

#2, he didn't fleece the Jets.   He and his agent negotiated, Macc gave in.   Q didn't fake an injury, he is legitimately hurt.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Yup. 

That's my point. Q can be wrong here.....but the fact that this issue has happened multiple times this is horrible PR for a team trying to "change the culture" as so many have mentioned in this thread

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

2 thoughts.

#1, Q, you know the rules.   Show up for therapy.  If you no show, without telling them first, you are going to get fined.

#2, he didn't fleece the Jets.   He and his agent negotiated, Macc gave in.   Q didn't fake an injury, he is legitimately hurt.

Yeah fleece wasn't the right word but you get the gist. They're paying you a lot of money to rehab, so show up. Tired of seeing NYJ in the headlines getting negative press because the player is acting like a moron. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

NFL careers are really short. They need to stretch that money over many years. Q's career might be over. 

My point is just that it's not a good comparison.

Yeah because 9 mil this year and the rest of millions he’s made or will be made is the issue.  If you can’t live well for the rest of you life and your children’s lives you screwed up.  None of which changes the fact that he’s dead wrong 

He needs to do the following:

- Refuse to meet with the coach  or gm because his feelings are hurt over this.

- Go behind the coach and gms back and talk to the owner to be patted on the head.

- Then go talk to the GM and tell us all via twitter how the GM apologized to him over this unfortunate incident.

• Haha 1