Joe Douglas has Gase back

Jetster

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

There seems to be this theme presented that players hate Adam Gase, that certain players in Miami said they would want to be traded if Ross retained him. We don't know exactly what the circumstances were but the one thing we all know as fans is when you let the PLAYERS run the asylum it's over. 

How many times have we heard about creating a culture like the Patriots. Do you know what it takes to create those cultures? It takes people in charge to have the back of their coach over the players. When Stephen Ross came out publically against Gase regarding his handling of the roster by trading Landry, trading Ajayi, it was OVER. In this day & age with these highly priced athletes when they start making the rules it's over. 

The hypocracy that you witness in the NFL is laughable. You have ME ME players like OBJ praising Bill Belichick while at the same time the reason for Belichicks success is 100% because the team comes 1st, if you fail to do your job he'll cut or trade you, and I guarantee you if you miss practice or a rehab session without calling in your getting fined! 

Whether or not you think Adam Gase can coach or not, Chris Johnsons vote of confidence & Joe Douglas fining players for failing to abide by team rules is completely necessary to keep order & create a disciplined environment. As soon as a player says, "I don't want to be here", he's admitting he's soft, has no heart to grind on & do his job & should be shipped out. 

Not only has Gase taken over a terrible roster, a lot of these guys were use to getting paid, not working hard, taking advantage, missing meetings, and zero disciplinary action taken, from Rex down to the super soft players coach Todd Bowles. Do you know how hard it must be to coach & keep the attention of this many players who realize the free ride is over? GW didn't put up with Trumaine Johnsons BS like Todd Bowles did. How many times did you say to yourself, holy sh*t, TJ isn't even trying! JD wasn't going to let KO dictate what he wanted to do after hiding an injury that he obviously claimed he could play through until times got tough & he realized he really didn't want to play anymore after a big pay day. Gase is coaching a roster where 50% of these guys know damn well they'll be replaced. 

Try motivating a bunch of sh*tty players to perform at the highest level & do their job. You can see the guys who are busting their azz & the guys that have checked out. There was a time where Leonard Williams would preen flipping his big mane back before putting on his helmet like he was doing a shampoo commercial. He was the big man on the Jets campus. Well, we traded the former 1st round 6th overall for a 3rd rounder. Overpaid & mediocre has been a New York Jet staple. The Chutzpah that Quincy Enunwa displayed by airing dirty laundry about being fined for NOT CALLING THE JETS and missing 2 rehab sessions & bitching about the fine is the perfect example of insanity & something that would NEVER be tolerated in New England. Quincy has made like a million dollars a catch for Christ sake! He should literally be kissing Chris Johnsons AZZ for signing the bottom line of that ridiculous retirement contract he signed! 

I am 100% with Joe Douglas & Adam Gase if it takes 6 year to turn over this overpaid roster of underachievers. I think I saw a stat the Jets Oline was like top 5 in overall salary, disgusting. Mangini had the right plan & brought in the right players & literally was the biggest reason for Rex success. Once that roster was turned over Rex was allowed to influence the draft, bring in guys like Mason ect. everything fell apart. Joe Douglas & Adam Gase together are trying to change the culture here, and find players that love football. Without Chris Johnson being 100% in & allowing these guys the necessary time and assets to do that job and Joe Douglas supporting Adam Gase & all down the line nothing will ever change at Florham Park. You have to break something down to build it back up. I wish them all luck & as a long time Jet fan I'm 100% supporting them along the way. Will they succeed or fail, no one knows, but they have to be given that chance starting this offseason. 

good points.  the jets will go nowhere with a revolving door at coach and gm.  i'm not sure i would give gase the same 6 years as douglas to get it done though.  his time horizon is much shorter.  imo he has until darnold is due to be re-signed so that's 3 seasons.  and while douglas seems to be a step up from mac, he hasn't really made any outstanding moves.  the leo trade was good since they had a log jam at the dt spot and some good young players coming on.  even listening to trade deals for a guy like adams is a good thing. we need to see more moves like that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Of course he does Gase hired him. 

Lazy narrative... He was recommended to CJ by Gase as someone he can work with... The moment you realize that JDs contract is 2 years longer you will understand that JD will have no problem moving on if it comes to it. 

JD isn't going to sacrifice his first shot at GM by being that stubborn... He has waited to long for this opportunity 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

They just have to get rid of the entitled culture that is definitely still in that locker room... Earn your keep... Do your job.... Quincy made this into a spectacle... His choice and probably burned bridges doing so...  This us 100% on Quincy... Could the jets been leinant... Sure but why did Quincy deserve it?... 

Worse now that he makes it public... **** him... Cut his ass the moment he is 100%healthy and continue to find him for every missed session

hmmm...i just read the post article.  seems to me a guy who's serious about making a come back would've been there for the treatments.  and, of course, he could've acted like an adult and told them he was planning to miss the treatment.  finally running to the press is just pure bs.  ireally like q as a player.  i thought he brought some great on field energy to the team.  this knocks him down a bit.

• Upvote 3

Great post. We will get mocked since we suck but end of the day you need to stick to your rules win or lose. You cant skip your job to get lunch with your wife and not tell anyone until after. Would never fly in New England. A lot of garbage football players in Miami and now here don't like being held accountable. 

• Upvote 2

From everything I've been able to gather from researching old Dolphins boards, Gase didn't exactly lose the locker room.  It was just two or three players and more his attitude which people thought was overconfidence and ego.  I think he's just more removed socially and limited because so much of his life is football.  But those are some of the same personal qualities people use to praise BB.  "Man.  He's no nonsense.  Grumpy but firm with his players!  It's his way or the highway!."  Gase also played favorites in Miami which didn't go well with a few players. I think his administrative management of the locker room has been pretty good here.  It's more the lack of offense and crap results that are putting him on the hot seat.  Questions about his ability are what are causing people to have so many questions.  Miami fans think he sucks but there hasn't been a ton of fall out from his few years there.  Gase is getting backed up by key Jets players as well.  So I don't know if I ever really bought the "he's toxic" narrative.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Total baloney.

We gave mac and Bowles 5 years 'to turn around this team' and it was very apparent both stunk after about 2 and a half.  the other 2 and half was just wasted time.  Idzik got fired after two, he should have been given another 4 years?

Douglas?  He gets time, the only thing showing a gms worth with this team is drafting so he gets a few more years.

Gase is terrible, he has been terrible here, he was terrible in miami.  He was a bad mistake hiring.

The teams offense is functionally worse than when Appalachian trial bates was running the show.

I have no doubt Gase will be at least another two years, which is a pity.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Lazy narrative... He was recommended to CJ by Gase as someone he can work with... The moment you realize that JDs contract is 2 years longer you will understand that JD will have no problem moving on if it comes to it. 

JD isn't going to sacrifice his first shot at GM by being that stubborn... He has waited to long for this opportunity 

I'm not hopeful about Gase, but it is too early for me to be 100 % sure.  Here is what I see.

1. Strong circumstantial evidence that players don.t respond well to him.  This could be a problem for one of two reasons.  Gase is not on the level with players and they don't trust him.  Or, he's a tough boss and the don't like it.  If it is the former, it cant be fixed or dealt with.  There is no excuse for sustaining a sewer rat. If it is the later, you have to let players know they are there to do a job by being firm with them and getting rid of those who don't buy in.  We all know from doing our own jobs.  You don't work with another man or woman because of their personality, you work with them because you both have a job to do and if you don't do your best because your coworker is not a charmer, *you* are the one that is NO GOOD. 

2. Gase seems like he may be the guy that has a particular offensive system and insists on running it regardless of who is on his roster.  If that is the case, it will take a season or two for JD to get him the players that he needs.  Personally. I think this type of a coach is doomed.  If you can't adjust and improvise and create, you are going to be an 8-8 coach at best, year in an year out.  I HOPE we see Gase getting creative and taking advantage of players like Bell and tailoring the game to Darnolds abilities.  

Winning cures all.  If the Jets go on a run and display consistently productive offense, in five weeks no one will be calling for his head.  

I will say for sure...  We'll know what Gase is and what he isnt *for sure* by the end of this season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

There seems to be this theme presented that players hate Adam Gase, that certain players in Miami said they would want to be traded if Ross retained him. We don't know exactly what the circumstances were but the one thing we all know as fans is when you let the PLAYERS run the asylum it's over. 

How many times have we heard about creating a culture like the Patriots. Do you know what it takes to create those cultures? It takes people in charge to have the back of their coach over the players. When Stephen Ross came out publically against Gase regarding his handling of the roster by trading Landry, trading Ajayi, it was OVER. In this day & age with these highly priced athletes when they start making the rules it's over. 

The hypocracy that you witness in the NFL is laughable. You have ME ME players like OBJ praising Bill Belichick while at the same time the reason for Belichicks success is 100% because the team comes 1st, if you fail to do your job he'll cut or trade you, and I guarantee you if you miss practice or a rehab session without calling in your getting fined! 

Whether or not you think Adam Gase can coach or not, Chris Johnsons vote of confidence & Joe Douglas fining players for failing to abide by team rules is completely necessary to keep order & create a disciplined environment. As soon as a player says, "I don't want to be here", he's admitting he's soft, has no heart to grind on & do his job & should be shipped out. 

Not only has Gase taken over a terrible roster, a lot of these guys were use to getting paid, not working hard, taking advantage, missing meetings, and zero disciplinary action taken, from Rex down to the super soft players coach Todd Bowles. Do you know how hard it must be to coach & keep the attention of this many players who realize the free ride is over? GW didn't put up with Trumaine Johnsons BS like Todd Bowles did. How many times did you say to yourself, holy sh*t, TJ isn't even trying! JD wasn't going to let KO dictate what he wanted to do after hiding an injury that he obviously claimed he could play through until times got tough & he realized he really didn't want to play anymore after a big pay day. Gase is coaching a roster where 50% of these guys know damn well they'll be replaced. 

Try motivating a bunch of sh*tty players to perform at the highest level & do their job. You can see the guys who are busting their azz & the guys that have checked out. There was a time where Leonard Williams would preen flipping his big mane back before putting on his helmet like he was doing a shampoo commercial. He was the big man on the Jets campus. Well, we traded the former 1st round 6th overall for a 3rd rounder. Overpaid & mediocre has been a New York Jet staple. The Chutzpah that Quincy Enunwa displayed by airing dirty laundry about being fined for NOT CALLING THE JETS and missing 2 rehab sessions & bitching about the fine is the perfect example of insanity & something that would NEVER be tolerated in New England. Quincy has made like a million dollars a catch for Christ sake! He should literally be kissing Chris Johnsons AZZ for signing the bottom line of that ridiculous retirement contract he signed! 

I am 100% with Joe Douglas & Adam Gase if it takes 6 year to turn over this overpaid roster of underachievers. I think I saw a stat the Jets Oline was like top 5 in overall salary, disgusting. Mangini had the right plan & brought in the right players & literally was the biggest reason for Rex success. Once that roster was turned over Rex was allowed to influence the draft, bring in guys like Mason ect. everything fell apart. Joe Douglas & Adam Gase together are trying to change the culture here, and find players that love football. Without Chris Johnson being 100% in & allowing these guys the necessary time and assets to do that job and Joe Douglas supporting Adam Gase & all down the line nothing will ever change at Florham Park. You have to break something down to build it back up. I wish them all luck & as a long time Jet fan I'm 100% supporting them along the way. Will they succeed or fail, no one knows, but they have to be given that chance starting this offseason. 

Great post but this doesn't nchsnge the fact Gase is bad at coaching the tram before and during the game

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s notable that no other Jets player was quoted as supporting Osemele, Adams, or Quincy Enunwa in their grievances against the team. Think about how hard it would be in this day and age to keep unrest in-house and off of Twitter. If they all hate Gase, they’re being exceptionally quiet about it 

Oh yeah? What about this, smart guy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s notable that no other Jets player was quoted as supporting Osemele, Adams, or Quincy Enunwa in their grievances against the team. Think about how hard it would be in this day and age to keep unrest in-house and off of Twitter. If they all hate Gase, they’re being exceptionally quiet about it 

Robbie Anderson liked Enunwa's post.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Manish could get a single out-of-context quote from the towel boy remotely implying Adam Gase was a poor tipper, he’d produce a 2,000 word sh*tpost about it that’d get the back page and 36 tweets. 

He actually posted a piece about an hour ago that contains literally zero quotes except those publicly available via Enunwa's tweets and Gase's presser. Journalism!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Total baloney.

We gave mac and Bowles 5 years 'to turn around this team' and it was very apparent both stunk after about 2 and a half.  the other 2 and half was just wasted time.  Idzik got fired after two, he should have been given another 4 years?

Douglas?  He gets time, the only thing showing a gms worth with this team is drafting so he gets a few more years.

Gase is terrible, he has been terrible here, he was terrible in miami.  He was a bad mistake hiring.

The teams offense is functionally worse than when Appalachian trial bates was running the show.

I have no doubt Gase will be at least another two years, which is a pity.

It’s also quite possible that by refusing to acknowledge the huge mistake in hiring a guy as GM who was just about to get FIRED as a Scout (for those not in the know, Scout is BELOW GM in pay grade), and keeping him so unfortunately in a job so far above any talent level he has, if he has any at all, it’s fair to say that the Jets could have very well have set themselves back ANOTHER 5 YEARS....keep Maccagnan for 5 years, maybe 10 YEARS OF DARKNESS.....this is why I’m fine getting rid of anyone who you know will not measure up over time, in an obvious way.  The “continuity” argument goes out the window.

How’d “continuity” work out with Maccagnan and Bowles?  

Maccagnan could very well be responsible for 10 lost years, since they kept him around for 5 instead of 2.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

I am 100% with Joe Douglas & Adam Gase if it takes 6 year to turn over this overpaid roster of underachievers. 

You are 100% out of out of your mind if you think either one of these guys will still be here if it takes 6 years to have any success.

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Great post but this doesn't nchsnge the fact Gase is bad at coaching the tram before and during the game

I'm not going to judge him until JD fixes this Oline. I wasn't impressed with the Steelers offense & they have a kick azz Oline. Even the Browns offense was spotty all night & Mayfields got OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Chubb & Hunt. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

It’s about to be week 11. Changing the culture? How about give me more then 2 wins 

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

You are 100% out of out of your mind if you think either one of these guys will still be here if it takes 6 years to have any success.

Go look at Bill Cowhers tenure. You can't keep firing everyone. It's done wonders for the Browns, the team with the most coaching changes.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Oh yeah? What about this, smart guy

When the Source is as suspect as this one is you can't take it seriously. Mehta will be on the street when the News finally folds. The only way you hear from him is on his own blog. You know how that goes. Nice knowing you.