Joe Douglas has Gase back

Jetster

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s about to be week 11. Changing the culture? How about give me more then 2 wins 

They don't have the players. They weren't winning anything this year anyway & they have 7 games left. We'll see how they go. 

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

I'm not going to judge him until JD fixes this Oline. I wasn't impressed with the Steelers offense & they have a kick azz Oline. Even the Browns offense was spotty all night & Mayfields got OBJ, Landry, Higgins, Chubb & Hunt. 

You know a good o line is such a huge and basic part of any team construction...I get your point but I firmly on Gase sucks train. The def could have no rushers and I think he still suck

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You know a good o line is such a huge and basic part of any team construction...I get your point but I firmly on Gase sucks train. The def could have no rushers and I think he still suck

Well, if JD does his job, we're going to get a chance to find out who is right & who is wrong. I don't think he had a chance to establish anything because he practiced all camp with guys not even playing now. You can't find continuity if you have none. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jetster said:

Go look at Bill Cowhers tenure. You can't keep firing everyone. It's done wonders for the Browns, the team with the most coaching changes.

One difference: During Cowhers tenure, the team was winning games, despite talking way too long to finally win a SB.  However, the Steelers at least presented the hope that they could get the SB most years.  Jets fans are restless after years of mediocrity and do not have the patience for yet another long rebuild.  The Johnsons feel that pressure  and despite supporting Gase now, the leash will not be long.  

On 11/15/2019 at 7:41 AM, Jetster said:

There seems to be this theme presented that players hate Adam Gase, that certain players in Miami said they would want to be traded if Ross retained him. We don't know exactly what the circumstances were but the one thing we all know as fans is when you let the PLAYERS run the asylum it's over. 

How many times have we heard about creating a culture like the Patriots. Do you know what it takes to create those cultures? It takes people in charge to have the back of their coach over the players. When Stephen Ross came out publically against Gase regarding his handling of the roster by trading Landry, trading Ajayi, it was OVER. In this day & age with these highly priced athletes when they start making the rules it's over.......

i agree man. people are all into their feelings because its 2019, but this team talks too much, produces too little, and everyone has a sense of entitlement...meanwhile they havent played meaningful football games in a decade. let Gase do it his way, stop listening to Manish stir the pot...just maybe we end up with some actual hard working football players who hate to lose and dont talk about "getting the bag" on twitter every week.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Oh wow.....you mean the same malcontents and social media queens left over from the Bowles era are now complaining Gase isn’t a good leader? Because maybe he’s holding them accountable etc?

color me surprised. 

This is exactly what's happening in Florham Park. I would love to be privy to the private discussions involving this roster with JD, Gase & GW. I don't think there is any rift between Adam & Gregg either. Gase was totally on board with the TJ benching. These guys are culling the bad attitudes, and overpriced garbage that has infested this Jets locker room for too long. 9 years is an eternity in the NFL. You know why guys like Le'veon Bell are staying positive? Because he can see the forest for the trees. He can't get his job done either behind this terrible Oline. How many times do you think Robbie has had to instantly break his route off because Sam was in trouble in 2 seconds from receiving the snap? 

Im sure it's frustrating as hell for Robbie, Crowder to not even be in their routes yet & turn around to see Sam getting pressured & sacked. But guys have kept their mouths shut & are still grinding, that's a good sign for a GM & coaching staff. This teams undermanned, injured, still have a QB learning the game & they're playing hard. I hope they go to Washington & punch the Skins right in the mouth. 

On 11/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, Beerfish said:

Total baloney.

We gave mac and Bowles 5 years 'to turn around this team' and it was very apparent both stunk after about 2 and a half.  the other 2 and half was just wasted time.  Idzik got fired after two, he should have been given another 4 years?

Douglas?  He gets time, the only thing showing a gms worth with this team is drafting so he gets a few more years.

Gase is terrible, he has been terrible here, he was terrible in miami.  He was a bad mistake hiring.

The teams offense is functionally worse than when Appalachian trial bates was running the show.

I have no doubt Gase will be at least another two years, which is a pity.

I thought it was bologna!? Like lasagna or cologne?  I've been trying to sort this out and I don't know what's real anymore. Wtf man!!?

• Sympathy 1

On 11/15/2019 at 7:41 AM, Jetster said:

I am 100% with Joe Douglas & Adam Gase if it takes 6 year to turn over this overpaid roster of underachievers

It's already been like 8 years (9?) since we've gone to the post season.  Now we're waiting 6 more?  I'm tired of these rebuilds already.  Our ownership is a total disaster.  We are run by 2 complete buffoons (who some consider to be "alphas").

Amazingly, they hired a highly respected guy in Joe D.  Now give him the keys and let him make all decisions (including firing/hiring a HC should he want Gase out).  Chris and Woody can play golf or whatever and then step in and take credit for everything when Joe D finally turns things around for them.

It's already been like 8 years (9?) since we've gone to the post season.  Now we're waiting 6 more?  I'm tired of these rebuilds already.  Our ownership is a total disaster.  We are run by 2 complete buffoons (who some consider to be "alphas").
Amazingly, they hired a highly respected guy in Joe D.  Now give him the keys and let him make all decisions (including firing/hiring a HC should he want Gase out).  Chris and Woody can play golf or whatever and then step in and take credit for everything when Joe D finally turns things around for them.

Regardless of the GM, a rebuild will take a while. Maybe not 6 years but certainly not 1 or 2. It is what it is.

Constantly hoping for big offseasons so we can shoot for 8-8 is what constantly delays a proper rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Regardless of the GM, a rebuild will take a while. Maybe not 6 years but certainly not 1 or 2. It is what it is.

Constantly hoping for big offseasons so we can shoot for 8-8 is what constantly delays a proper rebuild.

I agree.  I just want this one to be done by a real football guy like Joe D, without meddling from our buffoon owners (who want to handpick the HC and DC and then hire a GM).

• Sympathy 1

Are we better than last year?  nope

Gase sucks and must be replaced ASAP.

Gase also had a voice in who we signed in FA and who we drafted.  

Hopefully we get a new owner so all this redundant feces stops.

HC should report to GM.

GM should report to the owner.

Our structure lends itself to failure, and we all seemed shocked every year.  I know I fall for it every year.

Discipline only works if you respect your HC, and Gase has done NOTHING EVER to earn that respect.

11 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Gase also had a voice in who we signed in FA and who we drafted.  

He wanted Daniel Fells and Maccagnan couldn’t deliver him. Then he wanted Matt Paradis or Mitch Morse and Maccagnan wouldn’t sign those guys, either. Gase didn’t think Le’Veon Bell was worth the money and he was 100% right. Gase had so much control over the draft that he refused to appear on camera with Maccagnan to discuss his picks. Other than that, yeah, Gase.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He wanted Daniel Fells and Maccagnan couldn’t deliver him. Then he wanted Matt Paradis or Mitch Morse and Maccagnan wouldn’t sign those guys, either. Gase didn’t think Le’Veon Bell was worth the money and he was 100% right. Gase had so much control over the draft that he refused to appear on camera with Maccagnan to discuss his picks. Other than that, yeah, Gase.

He had the pull to get Maccagnan fired and cut his draft picks but didn't have the pull to get him to draft different players in the first place.

This is mostly a Jets problem but it's a Gase problem too.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So I see what you are saying, but there had to be plenty of napkins laying around.  Surely he had a pen.

20 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He had the pull to get Maccagnan fired and cut his draft picks but didn't have the pull to get him to draft different players in the first place.

This is mostly a Jets problem but it's a Gase problem too.

Gase, I’d imagine, used the offseason to make the case about why Maccagnan had to go, and presented it in terms Chris Johnson could understand: paying prime dollar for running backs and ILBs as poor investments

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 11/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, joewilly12 said:

Of course he does Gase hired him. 

@Skeptable  good morning Mr.Buttfumble 

Thats a simplistic and easy way of looking at the hire.

If anything Gase recommended him because they worked together.  Douglas was the hottest, young GM prospect, was the right hire with or without Gase

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Thats a simplistic and easy way of looking at the hire.

If anything Gase recommended him because they worked together.  Douglas was the hottest, young GM prospect, was the right hire with or without Gase

Who the Jets don’t even get an interview with without Gase.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Green DNA said:

One difference: During Cowhers tenure, the team was winning games, despite talking way too long to finally win a SB.  However, the Steelers at least presented the hope that they could get the SB most years.  Jets fans are restless after years of mediocrity and do not have the patience for yet another long rebuild.  The Johnsons feel that pressure  and despite supporting Gase now, the leash will not be long.  

Look at those years and what the Steelers call a bad draft, the Jets would call a good draft.

• Upvote 2

Gase has done a terrible job coaching a horrible roster, but even that is not good enough to get him fired this year.

But Gase was the best the Jets were doing in January 2019, and my guess is that if he were to be fired now, for a variety of reasons we would do no better, and probably do worse.

So Gase gets another year to work with what will be better roster.  Better enough?  No. But better.  My guess is that next year he will clearly show he is not a good coach, and after the Johnsons are hopefully finished paying Mac and Bowles they can their fire Gase.