New York Mick

What Should Happen To Garrett?

What should happen to Garrett?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What Should Happen To Garrett?

• Let the players police themselves like they use to.
    • Suspend him 4 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 8 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 16 games plus the biggest fine ever given
    • Life ban from the NFL
    • Suspension plus fine and legal action
    • Ban plus legal action
    • Nothing, he was standing up for himself because Rudolph tried him and that’s fighting words anything goes

I don't know how you fine or suspend Rudolph. Players do what he did (tugging at each others face masks) every week and don't get penalized, let alone suspended or fined.

• Upvote 3

Yes, I'm a real person.
I get it, it was over the top and if he does it again suspend him indefinitely.

Chances are if he does it again, he doesnt get lucky, hits the guy with or near the crown, and kills or maims his next victim.

The league has to make sure it never happens again, to anyone. Would 4 games do that?
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Rudolph needs to be suspended at least 3 games. If you watch the fight, Garrett doesn’t start going crazy until Rudolph kicked him in the balls....
Just watched the video another few times, I don't see it, but I've heard others say it. Can you post the video you saw it in and tell us what timecode when he kicks him in the nuts?

OK, I see that. I don't know if there's precedent for fining someone for kicking them in the balls, let alone suspension - you hear about that happening all the time in piles. Saw it myself in high school and college without ever more than a "c'mon guys, take it easy down there" from the refs.

This is the only incident I’m aware of

A suspension would be the first for Garrett, the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, but not his first brush with controversy for rough play this season. He was fined more than $50,000 in September for a collection of incidents that included his punching a Tennessee Titans player in Week 1 and two roughing-the-passer penalties against the Jets in Week 2. One of those penalties produced a season-ending injury for Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/sports/football/browns-steelers-helmet-garrett.amp.html

Garrett suspended indefinitely, which means minimum rest of season.
Pouncey 3 game.
Ogunjobi 1 game.
Both teams fined $250k

• Upvote 3

More interested in the number of fines and length.  It takes several people to start a melee like that.  But of course, Garrett gets the biggest.  I would say 8 at the most.  This season and a few next year.
They say more fines to come for all involved as they review the film.
  • Upvote 1

“Suspended indefinitely” is code for “we’re going to wait until the pearl-clutchers get hysterical about Kaepernick next week, then we’ll give Garrett six games so he can be back for the playoffs.”

They were saying on NFL radio that he wouldn't be eligible to return until the 2020-21 season at minimum.  

EDIT: Just read on NFL.com that he is eligible to apply for re-instatement next season, has to meet with Goodell, etc., etc.

One would assume that Garrett would appeal. He would be stupid not to at least try. 
Good luck with that.
It's a tricky situation though, no? The NFLPA would be appealing for leniency for a member that assaulted another member.
  • Upvote 1

Can't wait to see how Goodell porks this one. 

- Garrett should be suspended for the remainder of the season, as has been done. Eight games seems reasonable, given the context. For reference, Haynesworth, a repeat offender, got 5 games for curb-stomping that cowboys' center. Equally as bush-league and dangerous.
Unless Cleveland makes the playoffs (not likely) he got 6 games unless they don't let him back week 1 next year.

He deliberately kicked a Garrett in the nuts, twice, while trying to rip his helmet off. Rewatch the video
Watch it in motion - he raises his leg and then is trying to push Garrett off him after Garrett is trying to lift him by his helmet, rip his helmet off, whatever - not before.
  • Upvote 1

Didn't Josina Anderson tweet this right after it happened, then delete it and get slammed for it?

According to the morning guy they do have mics that pick up a lot of stuff. 
They should have them on the refs. 
NFL films has those shotgun mics or whatever with the halos on them that pick up sound in one direction at a distance.

I gotta think if anything was said we would've heard about it that night.

From just after midnight the night of the game

but she doesnt say she heard it or had evidence of it.

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company