New York Mick

What Should Happen To Garrett?

What should happen to Garrett?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What Should Happen To Garrett?

• Let the players police themselves like they use to.
    • Suspend him 4 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 8 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 16 games plus the biggest fine ever given
    • Life ban from the NFL
    • Suspension plus fine and legal action
    • Ban plus legal action
    • Nothing, he was standing up for himself because Rudolph tried him and that’s fighting words anything goes

21 minutes ago, extmenace said:

397E496D-AD2B-4D64-B098-4F84CB03E2A7.png

That’s after Garrett throwing him to the ground and was pulling him up by his facemask. Garrett already lost it at that point and Rudolph was fighting back. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It doesn't help that Garrett has begun to garner a reputation for hitting the QB late.  Remember, he ended Trevor Seimian's (sp?) season with a late hit that broke his ankle.

I think he's already been fined a few times this year for late hits to the QB.

A suspension would be the first for Garrett, the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, but not his first brush with controversy for rough play this season. He was fined more than $50,000 in September for a collection of incidents that included his punching a Tennessee Titans player in Week 1 and two roughing-the-passer penalties against the Jets in Week 2. One of those penalties produced a season-ending injury for Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/sports/football/browns-steelers-helmet-garrett.amp.html

Apparently everyone that left the bench is getting fined as well. That’s a lot of ******* people. 

Does anyone know where the fine money goes? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that was one bad play by garrett.  the game was over.  there was absolutely no reason to do anything on that play.

Especially since they were winning. It’s not like he was frustrated because they were down. 

But then again ordering to some people he felt disrespected and had to show people what’s up. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This presumes he was carefully aiming where his foot was going, against a moving target, in the heat of battle, from the ground. 

Also it's hard to tell definitively if that's a heel with the toes up, or if his foot's on an angle with his toes on the top of Garrett's thigh, or otherwise.

Also regardless, Garrett's far too young to claim his balls are actually hanging that low. 

Garrett was also pulling him up by his facemask at the time. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Disgusted how soft you wimps are. Get out of your safe spaces and man up, poof-bois. You sicken me with this pious sh*t. 

Are you sure you majored in literature lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So another Browns defensive player went after Rudolph  after he was hit in the head with his helmet?

WTF is wrong with the players on that team?

It’s a street thing you wouldn’t understand. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

rudolph should be suspended then also. garrett went overboard for sure, but rudolph started the whole thing like a pansy. don't start what you can't finish

How did he start it? Garrett took 5 seconds to knock him into the ground then Rudolph defended himself. 

10 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

dude seriously? first of all it wasnt close to 5 seconds and it wasnt even a hard take down. rudolph got triggered and tried to twist and rip garretts helmet off but failed. garrett said ok **** it....and succeeded in ripping rudolphs helmet off......then while being attacked by pouncey i believed and restrained by another steeler, rudolph charged after garrett......and proceeded to eat a helmet to his head and then get layed out 

Garrett who is known for late hits, hits Rudolph late then wrestled him to the ground when there was no chance of winning and the game was over. Rudolph got pissed and grab the back of Garrett’s helmet while they were wrestling and Garrett was still holding Rudolph down. After that Garrett pulled him off the ground by his mask, ripped his helmet off and hit him with it. Rudolph didn’t get suspended or fined so I guess the NFL seen the same thing I did. Garrett also might face legal action Rudolph won’t. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Garrett now claiming Mason Rudolph used a racisl slur at him, and that is why he attached the unhelmeted Rudolph.

Rudolph and his lawyers have denied the claim.

If Garrett is lying.......just, wow.

Of course he is. It’s costing him millions and in today’s America it doesn’t need to be proven just applying it will be enough. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Exactamundo.  Had there been a racial slur, we all would have known about it within hours.  Garrett is a bald-faced liar apparently.

Hours? Seconds. He would of told the refs straight away. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, King P said:

Seems like he might have told Kitchens afterwards because Kitchens said at the post game presser that "words were said but I'm not going to say what was said. I'll keep that private.

We don't know if he's telling the truth or not. That will be revealed eventually. If it did, I don't fault him for not saying. Wouldn't make a difference anyway, because people would still accuse him of turning this into a racial thing

The media, NFL and social media would of been completely on Garrett’s side so there’s zero reason for him not to say anything right away outside of it not happening. If he would of said something to the refs straight away then I would believe him but at this point it seems like he just playing a race card because it’s guilt until proven innocent now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Hey @Maxman why the hell doesn't the profanity filter catch this? I liked the old Steve A****er one better.  Did they keep it because we spend so much time talking about male chickens?  Don't make me find your telephone number!

Tattletale 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

According to NFL radio it apparently didn’t happen. They said they investigated it and found no proof of Rudolph saying that even after talking with the people in the area and listening to recordings. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

If that’s the case and they have mics on the field, though I’m not sure they could catch everything, Garrett should get a Lifetime Ban, just for trying to stir up race war type things.

He’s a real dirty player as it is, so I wouldn’t put it past him lying one bit.

According to the morning guy they do have mics that pick up a lot of stuff. 
They should have them on the refs. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Take your bets, people! Take your bets!

How many people end up getting banned in this thread?

I'll put the o/u at 3.5.

Why? No one is talking anything inappropriately. It’s a sensitive topic but so far everyone here has been civil. 
Outside the oral sex request anyway. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Goodell could be sitting on a hi-def audio recording of what happened in that scrum and there’d be zero chance he’d release it. The NFL desperately needed this story to go away before this most recent development, and they 1000% need it to disappear now before ESPN and FOX start running “Is the NFL Racist?” chyrons around the clock. It was an intense, brutal fight on the field where five different guys completely lost their sh*t; chances are pretty good that a few racial epithets were thrown around and that Garrett heard *somebody* say something derogatory. Best move for everyone involved at this point is to plug their ears and move forward. 

They’re definitely trying to make this go away. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I would, for sure. And if I was Garrett, I’d cut a deal with Goodell to shut up immediately for a guarantee that my suspension is lifted the day after the Super Bowl

If he’s smart he’d do that or he could contact Nessa and get paid in other ways. 

Just now, BigRy56 said:

My head hurts

Normal causes of that are dehydration, stress, posture, bad diet and lack of exercise. 

32 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I think Mason Rudolph would show a lot of character in admitting that he played a role in melee, that it wasn't his finest moment

He already did. He said he could of handle it better and was part of it. 

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Hey did something happen

Just click here, it will let you know everything that’s going on. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

This thread is just ban bait. I say lock, no good can come of this.

Or people can have an semi intelligent discussion about an important football topic without it being locked because a handful of posters don’t know how to control themselves. It’s ridiculous that max/mods alway have to filter through everything because some people can stay within fairly easy guidelines. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Browns cut him, 31 other teams will empty the vaults to sign him. The NFL is going to suppress any evidence that proves either case, so it’s going to be hearsay regardless. You wouldn’t want this dude coming off the edge for the Jets?

I’d take him but I also wanted Bill Romanowski, Kareem Hunt, Richie incognito, Suh etc. It’s football not church choir. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company