New York Mick

What Should Happen To Garrett?

What should happen to Garrett?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What Should Happen To Garrett?

• Let the players police themselves like they use to.
    • Suspend him 4 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 8 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 16 games plus the biggest fine ever given
    • Life ban from the NFL
    • Suspension plus fine and legal action
    • Ban plus legal action
    • Nothing, he was standing up for himself because Rudolph tried him and that’s fighting words anything goes

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WOW didn't see this last night. 

Rudolph is a little bitch. 

Hes kicking him because garrett is trying to rip his head off.

He didnt kick him and then it happened.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Garett’s a good dude-

Garrett is an enigma.  He is very impressive in interviews, where he comes across as articulate and intelligent.

But on the football field, he's an animal - often too wild an animal. He clearly has issues restricting his violence to the snap-to-whistle variety.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes kicking him because garrett is trying to rip his head off.

He didnt kick him and then it happened.

Still man that's no way to fight kicking someone in the balls. 

I watched it a bunch more times 

what Garrett did with the helmet deserves a big penalty no doubt. Suspension and fine. 

I think he’s a dirty player. I don’t like him...but...

its possible if you watch the initial tackle that he didn’t know that Rudolph got rid of the ball and thought that he was sacking the guy and was surprised by Rudolph’s reaction to the “sack”. 

that’s not an excuse for what he did but Rudolph definitely contributed to the escalation. 

decastro had the perfect reaction, pouncy kinda lost his mind as well lol

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, kelly said:

What Should Happen To Garrett ?..

il_fullxfull.1023596231_h9y6.jpg

:Chrismaz_PDT:

...oh !.. & banish him to our roster for 2 yrs    😎

cheers ~ ~ 

🍹

21 minutes ago, extmenace said:

397E496D-AD2B-4D64-B098-4F84CB03E2A7.png

That’s after Garrett throwing him to the ground and was pulling him up by his facemask. Garrett already lost it at that point and Rudolph was fighting back. 

• Upvote 1

It doesn't help that Garrett has begun to garner a reputation for hitting the QB late.  Remember, he ended Trevor Seimian's (sp?) season with a late hit that broke his ankle.

I think he's already been fined a few times this year for late hits to the QB.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It doesn't help that Garrett has begun to garner a reputation for hitting the QB late.  Remember, he ended Trevor Seimian's (sp?) season with a late hit that broke his ankle.

I think he's already been fined a few times this year for late hits to the QB.

A suspension would be the first for Garrett, the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, but not his first brush with controversy for rough play this season. He was fined more than $50,000 in September for a collection of incidents that included his punching a Tennessee Titans player in Week 1 and two roughing-the-passer penalties against the Jets in Week 2. One of those penalties produced a season-ending injury for Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/sports/football/browns-steelers-helmet-garrett.amp.html

22 game suspension

2019: 6 games served*

2020: 16 games served

*Browns don't make the playoffs, so he will miss all of the 2020 regular season.

In other words, kiss the baby, Myles. 

40 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Rudolph needs to be suspended at least 3 games. If you watch the fight, Garrett doesn’t start going crazy until Rudolph kicked him in the balls....

I think the league should suspend Rudolph too.  He played horrible, and then let his emotions get the better of him as well.  He certainly contributed to the melee last night.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Garrett is an enigma.  He is very impressive in interviews, where he comes across as articulate and intelligent.

But on the football field, he's an animal - often too wild an animal. He clearly has issues restricting his violence to the snap-to-whistle variety.

This is the only incident I’m aware of

i voted suspension and legal action.

thats battery,

also, give him the Lyle Alzado Memorial Steroidal Rage Award

image.png.595b4e860de1b87200e42b4ba6ed436d.png

• Upvote 1

This is the only incident I’m aware of

A suspension would be the first for Garrett, the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, but not his first brush with controversy for rough play this season. He was fined more than $50,000 in September for a collection of incidents that included his punching a Tennessee Titans player in Week 1 and two roughing-the-passer penalties against the Jets in Week 2. One of those penalties produced a season-ending injury for Jets quarterback Trevor Siemian.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/sports/football/browns-steelers-helmet-garrett.amp.html

More interested in the number of fines and length.  It takes several people to start a melee like that.  But of course, Garrett gets the biggest.  I would say 8 at the most.  This season and a few next year.

44 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Rudolph needs to be suspended at least 3 games. If you watch the fight, Garrett doesn’t start going crazy until Rudolph kicked him in the balls....

And the scuffle started when Garrett rag dolled Rudolph down after the ball was gone.  Felt the need to remain on the QB.  He was at fault.  Period

• Upvote 3

Garrett suspended indefinitely, which means minimum rest of season.
Pouncey 3 game.
Ogunjobi 1 game.
Both teams fined $250k

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And the scuffle started when Garrett rag dolled Rudolph down after the ball was gone.  Felt the need to remain on the QB.  He was at fault.  Period

Exactly, its mind numbing how anyone can watch the play and not come to the exact same conclusion you just did

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s after Garrett throwing him to the ground and was pulling him up by his facemask. Garrett already lost it at that point and Rudolph was fighting back. 

Never mind the foot amazingly has been purposely blurred out and can’t be seen.  The gullible will be impressed to the point of actually calling Rudolph a bitch. 

They gave Burfict a year for doing less, so I guess they have to give MG a year off without pay (16 total games).  Still, not sure if you can ever expect anything judicious from Goodell

3 minutes ago, isired said:

Pouncey 3 game.
Ogunjobi 1 game.
Both teams fined $250k

Only one for Ogunjobi?  

He was a total bitch here, Slamming Rudolph from behind when he was just standing there after being hit with his helmet and doing nothing.  Tough guy hits a QB from behind?

• Upvote 3

More interested in the number of fines and length.  It takes several people to start a melee like that.  But of course, Garrett gets the biggest.  I would say 8 at the most.  This season and a few next year.
They say more fines to come for all involved as they review the film.
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, isired said:

Pouncey 3 game.
Ogunjobi 1 game.
Both teams fined $250k

Reasonable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Only one for Ogunjobi?  

He was a total bitch here, Slamming Rudolph from behind when he was just standing there after being hit with his helmet and doing nothing.  Tough guy hits a QB from behind?

I thought he might get 2.

I thought Pouncey might also get 4-6.   He went nuts.

• Upvote 1

Big crossover between people voting for “legal action” and people who ask to speak to the manager at Dunkin Donuts to complain about the Munchkin assortment.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, isired said:

Pouncey 3 game.
Ogunjobi 1 game.
Both teams fined $250k

“Suspended indefinitely” is code for “we’re going to wait until the pearl-clutchers get hysterical about Kaepernick next week, then we’ll give Garrett six games so he can be back for the playoffs.”

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

The rest of the year without pay would have been my call. I agree with the NFL. Pouncey should get some games as well. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Big crossover between people voting for “legal action” and people who ask to speak to the manager at Dunkin Donuts to complain about the Munchkin assortment.

Yeah, good point. I don't think there should be legal action because nobody got hurt, but I think the NFL needs to drop the boom. But, if Rudolph was hurt significantly, I do think legal action would have been relevant.

“Suspended indefinitely” is code for “we’re going to wait until the pearl-clutchers get hysterical about Kaepernick next week, then we’ll give Garrett six games so he can be back for the playoffs.”

They were saying on NFL radio that he wouldn't be eligible to return until the 2020-21 season at minimum.  

EDIT: Just read on NFL.com that he is eligible to apply for re-instatement next season, has to meet with Goodell, etc., etc.

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I thought he might get 2.

I thought Pouncey might also get 4-6.   He went nuts.

I agree with your thoughts on Pouncey. He should get the rest of the year as well. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

DID I ASK FOR A GOT DAMNED FRENCH CRULLER!? THEN WHY IN THE F*KC IS THERE ONE IN MY BOX!? MAGIC!? 

• Haha 2

One would assume that Garrett would appeal. He would be stupid not to at least try. 
Good luck with that.
It's a tricky situation though, no? The NFLPA would be appealing for leniency for a member that assaulted another member.
  • Upvote 1