What Should Happen To Garrett?

What should happen to Garrett?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What Should Happen To Garrett?

• Let the players police themselves like they use to.
    • Suspend him 4 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 8 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 16 games plus the biggest fine ever given
    • Life ban from the NFL
    • Suspension plus fine and legal action
    • Ban plus legal action
    • Nothing, he was standing up for himself because Rudolph tried him and that’s fighting words anything goes

I think it’s weird you’re trusting Garrett’s word here.   You don’t think anyone else heard this slur?  Just Garrett?
Nah, homeboy is a psycho and is grabbing for a life preserver.  

I’m not necessarily defending anyone here— I’m just saying it wouldn’t shock me if did say something.
Also in the post game presser Kitchens said some things were said that he’s not going to repeat. Either way it benefits the NFL to sweep this under the rug.
  • Upvote 4

On 11/16/2019 at 10:52 AM, neckdemon said:

hey dude, i never justified it. i only said rudolph started it. but guess what. i don't give a rats ass if you like me or  not. you can suck my cock....you're SICKENED!!! lol. give me a damn break

This can't happen here. Unacceptable.

I have multiple warnings this week there is a pinned topic on this.

I don't care how long you have been here, not cool.

Banned.

51 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why? No one is talking anything inappropriately. It’s a sensitive topic but so far everyone here has been civil. 
Outside the oral sex request anyway. 

Everyone has been handling this discussion well. With one exception.

I think Mason Rudolph would show a lot of character in admitting that he played a role in melee, that it wasn't his finest moment.

My thoughts on the suspension is that it's outside the collective agreement and should me modified to adhere to whatever is in the agreement. And I since there wasn't significant injury, it should be around 3-6 games.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I think Mason Rudolph would show a lot of character in admitting that he played a role in melee, that it wasn't his finest moment.

My thoughts on the suspension is that it's outside the collective agreement and should me modified to adhere to whatever is in the agreement. And I since there wasn't significant injury, it should be around 3-6 games.

And what if there was injury. 6-8 games?  Death would be at least 16 games I assume. 

• Haha 1

This might be a ban. This was criminal behavior.  Rudolph could press chargers for assault with a weapon

And he should press charges. It a rare day when anyone anywhere takes a football helmet and swings it at someone’s head with the ferocity that he did. He’s just fortunate that it connected the way it did. That could have cracked open his skull.

This ban should go into next season at min and there should be legal action taken by Rudolph.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I don’t know if he did or didn’t, but it was predictable that he would use the racial slur card. It’s the go to excuse for stupidity.

This is sticky stuff.  Understandable that a racist remark would incense the person that was targeted, but that should never be given any credibility as a defense for doing violence.  Especially not with a weapon.  It could very well lead some people to think that doing violence for a perceived slur is an option.  "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but if you call me names, I'll bash your head in with a blunt object"

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

All the Vinnies from Poughquag calling Mike Francesa losing their minds about this really tells you a story, boy. Damn. Like, this is what they get upset about. 

What is that implying? That italians are racist? 

Everyone has a right to be disgusted by fake racial slur accusations

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

What is that implying? That italians are racist? 

Everyone has a right to be disgusted by fake racial slur accusations

There are two things in this world that I despise more than anything: one is people who prejudge others based on their ethic identity, and the other is Italians. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

<Goodell pops in tape of the Rudolph-Garrett altercation, which sounds like a supercut of Samuel L Jackson’s lines from Django Unchained, as read by Ron Howard>

Goodell (to secretary): Karen, bring me some lighter fluid and also have the sound engineer from the Steelers-Browns game assassinated, thanks. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I want the NFL to hire me to help them cover up their many crimes and scandals. I would be much better in this role than the halfwits they employ to do it now. To whit: 

So....3 days ago, Mike's Garrett sorrowfully apologizes for his behavior, apologized to the league, his team, Mason Rydolph, Baby Jesus, Gandhi, and Yoda Baby from the Mandalorian.  Says nothing about racism. 

Yesterday(?) Miles Garrett goes to NYC with his family, agent, lawyer, attorneys, and Pastor to appeal the suspension on grounds that the NFLPA CBA doesn't allow for suspensions of undetermined length. Nobody in his party mentions any racism, slurs, or naughty words 

NFL tells Miles Garrett that his behavior was unacceptable  uncivilized, and they will give him a specific term of suspension.

RACISM!!!!

LOL.  2019 in a nutshell. 

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So....3 days ago, Mike's Garrett sorrowfully apologizes for his behavior, apologized to the league, his team, Mason Rydolph, Baby Jesus, Gandhi, and Yoda Baby from the Mandalorian.  Says nothing about racism. 

Yesterday(?) Miles Garrett goes to NYC with his family, agent, lawyer, attorneys, and Pastor to appeal the suspension on grounds that the NFLPA CBA doesn't allow for suspensions of undetermined length. Nobody in his party mentions any racism, slurs, or naughty words 

NFL tells Miles Garrett that his behavior was unacceptable  uncivilized, and they will give him a specific term of suspension.

RACISM!!!!

There is an old saying... "Patriotism is the last refuge for a scoundrel".  

Time for the 2019 version.

"Victim identity is the last refuge for a scoundrel"

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

RACISM!!!!

The theme of recent times is that anger and delusional entitlement are more expedient than truth because being truthful often involves enduring personal responsibility, which is inconvenient and arduous. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The theme of recent times is that anger and delusional entitlement are more expedient than truth because being truthful often involves enduring personal responsibility, which is inconvenient and arduous. 

deleted

Preach. 

Edited by Maxman
Politics posts will be bannable moving forward.
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

This thread is just ban bait. I say lock, no good can come of this.

Or people can have an semi intelligent discussion about an important football topic without it being locked because a handful of posters don’t know how to control themselves. It’s ridiculous that max/mods alway have to filter through everything because some people can stay within fairly easy guidelines. 

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

RACISM!!!!

Who is Mike Garrett

• Upvote 1