Bring Rex Back

LRJets

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Well you know when it’s bad, once you think it’s a good idea to bring Rex Ryan back.

I prey Jeff Bezos throws a few Billion at the Johnson’s. Of course it won’t happen because Jets..

Bezos is someone I would like even less than the Johnson family.

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Truth is that Rex regressed as a head coach as he got more experienced, which is sort of bizarre. He certainly benefited from the stacked roster he inherited in 2009 and 2010 but he was also a better head coach. I wouldnt want Rex as a head coach or DC again in any situation.

Real truth is his talent available got weaker and weaker.

Talent fades and QB doesnt develop.

Its a simple recipe for failure

Man 09-10 was fun.....I wish there was a way to re-create it.....truth is Rex was one of the few coaches who gave us a true identity....his bluster was over the top....but "Play like a Jet" actually meant something other than stumbling, bumbling and fumbling.....

If you gave him a strong Front Office....who can draft well and keep him away from the draft room.....and an established veteran QB with a weapon or two...it could possibly work with him.....other then that he's definitely not that great of an HC.....not really that good with a lot of the many responsibilities that a head coach must manage

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

So that was a good but poor excuse under Tanny but under Idzik and in Buffalo he also was a poor HC.  REX is destined to be a footnote in the NFL. 

Kind of what I said, he won early with the Jets when he had talent.  After those first couple of years he didn’t.  

Most HCs, especially those without a SB are footnotes.  

Count me in.  I would LOVE to have Rex back under a few stated conditions.

1. He does not make draft or roster decisions.  That must be the province of a proven GM

2. The GM "helps" hire the OC and gives firm orders to the HC that he delegates charge of the offense to the OC

• Upvote 2