Sign in to follow this  
RonaldJet

What changes would you like the league to implement during the next CBA

4 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

I’ll have at it:

Reduce the # of preseason games (2 pre season 18 regular season games with two bye weeks)

Eliminate the franchise tag (In a salary cap sport there is no need for it-should benefit players and owners)

Reduce the draft entry age by a year (would destroy the blue blood programs in CFB which I am all for) 

i'd reduce the preseason but not increase the number of games.  i think the cba needs to reflect the fact that the game is 365/24/7 and the players are paid well.  it's not like the old days when the players needed to take 2nd jobs.  this means that the players need to train under the team auspices.  these work outs without the coaches involved just don't seem to work very well.  i can see limiting the workouts in pads and the training camp scrimmages but these guys just gotta get in shape and stay in shape.

One non vet/non signed only preseason game with free entry
Two normal preseason games 

Add 2 playoff teams (maybe the Jets could finally make it)

Guaranteed contracts but players that sit out aren’t allowed to sign with another team till their contract is up  

Increase the roster to 65 

Add a full time sky refs that oversees the game and control all penalties 

Rugby rules on extra points, you kick from where the guy breaks the goal line (in rugby it’s where you touch the ball down) 

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Increase practice time, mini camps, training camps. OL & QB positions have suffered the most from the decreased time, resulting in a much inferior product than what the NFL used to be.

This right here is my biggest concern. 

*More preseason practice time and a certain amount of Intrasquad  practices mandatory. (If they add another game and cut the amount of preseason games this is almost inevitanle.) 

*Introduce a relaxed policy on marijuana for players (within reason.)  This would be a great peace offering for the players.  I see something like this happening in the NBA within a couple of years 

*Limit the amount of times a team can franchise tag a player.  It's used to get the most out of position players then dump then off like used appliances.  It's creating a oit of bad labor negotiations and if they not going to give players options in their contracts.  You can at least do that.  

*Singnificant longer post career medical coverage.  This is probably the loet important one.

Teams with sh*tty owners who go 10 years without making the playoffs should be forced to sell.

or

Teams with sh*tty owners who go 10 years without making the playoffs should get double draft picks each year until they make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

why don't we  just leave things the way they so we have ready subjects to complain about instead of looking for new ones?

no use of social media to comment on your job in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Teams with sh*tty owners who go 10 years without making the playoffs should be forced to sell.

or

Teams with sh*tty owners who go 10 years without making the playoffs should get double draft picks each year until they make the playoffs.

20 team premier league

12 team B league

bottom 3 premier teams get demoted.

top 3 B league teams get promoted.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes.

100% guaranteed contracts.

Soft cap; you can go over, but significant luxury tax if you go over. Money goes to fund pensions and medical plan. 

Practice squad time counts for pension and long term medical care. Both vest if you are on the roster in any 2 seasons for even 1 game. 

No preseason games; 2 scrimmages and 1 joint practice during camp. Sell tickets, but no requirement for STH to buy them. 

18 game season with 2 byes. Either no Thursday games at all, or can only play on Thursday after a bye. 

Please define pass interference and holding. 

All replay reviews done in 3 minutes or the call on the field stands. No under the hood, do it like the NHL with the replay guy either in the press box or at the NFL office.  

No testing for marijuana. 

1. Shorten the preseason to two games

2, Eliminate the franchise tag

3. Eliminate Thursday night games

4. Extend the regular season to 18 games

5. *IF* the regular season is extended to 18 gams, EXPAND the roster to 63 men. 

And a new rule that I call "The Woody Rule" 

6. If any NFL franchise loses more than 8 games three seasons in a row, the owner of that team must sell. 

8 hours ago, rangerous said:

i'd reduce the preseason but not increase the number of games.  i think the cba needs to reflect the fact that the game is 365/24/7 and the players are paid well.  it's not like the old days when the players needed to take 2nd jobs.  this means that the players need to train under the team auspices.  these work outs without the coaches involved just don't seem to work very well.  i can see limiting the workouts in pads and the training camp scrimmages but these guys just gotta get in shape and stay in shape.

The vast majority of the players are in good shape all year. Problem with that is coaches are control freaks. And the worst will be Joe Walton working their team to a nub. Never heard Bellichick nor any coach worth a damn whine about this. 

I keep seeing this 18 game season, you can't keep guys healthy during a 16 game season and you want to add games? The premiere players already only play 1 and a half games in the preseason, so that doesn't make sense.

16 game season over 18 weeks(this happened in 1993 but was implemented horribly, due to all of the byes being in 5 weeks of each other). 

The NFL's end goal is to lengthen the season to have Super Bowl Sunday the day before President's Day, this is a good start

16 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Do away with forcing season ticket holders to buy meaningless pre-season tickets. 

Shorten the Season to 14 games and eliminate the by week's.

Sign players to 1year contracts only with no salary cap.

Outlaw PSL's and make pre-season games free.

No more games played overseas. They are pointless and monotonous

Yeah I know none of this will ever happen and it's all wishful thinking but it's really how it should be

You realize the NFL is a business, right?  Everyone involved would make less.  What business would do that to itself?  

9 hours ago, adb280z said:

You realize the NFL is a business, right?  Everyone involved would make less.  What business would do that to itself?  

YOU realize that this is what you would like to see, right? Do you not have the ability to comprehend what you read? I also say I know it's not going to happen. Are you stupid? Or just an a-hole?