Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Beerfish

college game day... 11/16

Recommended Posts

Hope the camera girl is okay after getting carted off.

Gus Mahalzan (sp?) looks such such an a$$hole.  His whole demeanour.  He may be a great guy and a great coach but he just looks bitter and nasty all the time.  He'd make a good Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll keep harping on my whine about trading for more assets.   Take the one non difference making Dt or S and exchange it for two solid starters in positions that actually make a difference.

 

Absolutely. It seems like the last 10 drafts have been defensive heavy, at least at the top but this year is different. If JD can nail this draft it will go a long way to not only making us respectable again but also watchable for the fans. 

Having a bottom barrel offense for what seems like decades now is wearing very thin.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

It's blatantly obvious that you know nothing about Nick Saban. Stick to the Big 10.

Woah Nick Saban hardo calm down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

He has a poor feel for his own ability...   he could easily have thrown that away earlier...   in stead he holds onto the ball as if he can drift away from them on one leg until both D players are actually ON HIM...    

 

 

That's why he's always injured. Never throws it away. Either takes a hit or forces an INT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Luckily it wasn't us tanking for Tua.

The way the Phags are playing it looks like they're not tanking period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do coaches at all levels lose their nerve when ahead?  Auburn is doing nothing all game and once the lead goes to 21 Georgia's D starts playing softer than butter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why do coaches at all levels lose their nerve when ahead?  Auburn is doing nothing all game and once the lead goes to 21 Georgia's D starts playing softer than butter.

Especially against a team like Auburn who doesn’t exactly have an explosive offense.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Tua was airlifted to a hospital.  Airlifted for a hip injury.  I would imagine the fear is he Bo Jackson'd his hip.

If it's a dislocation of the hip, he's done. I can't think of one athlete who has come back from it.

I had one years ago, It's a horrible injury. You basically have to learn to walk all over again. Unbelievable pain, grueling rehab and you're lucky if you're walking a few month later. I've never been the same and my athletic career ended the day I had the injury. The pain never goes away, and the leg never is the same.

When I get out of bed I never put all my weight on that leg first. I can golf, but the mornings are the worst. I get up hours before time, just to loosen up and walk without pain.

I remember when Flacco was on the Ravens they had a good young TE (Heath something?) about six years ago and he suffered a hip dislocation. My friend is a big Ravens fan, and he was relieved it wasn't broken, but a dislocation of the hip is worse. As soon as they said what it was, I told him the guy wouldn't play again. He thought I was crazy, but...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sad about Tua getting further injured...

I doubt he plays any significant part as an NFL QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If it's a dislocation of the hip, he's done. I can't think of one athlete who has come back from it.

I had one years ago, It's a horrible injury. You basically have to learn to walk all over again. Unbelievable pain, grueling rehab. I've never been the same and my athletic career ended the day I had the injury. The pain never goes away, and the leg never is the same. I can golf, but the mornings are the worst. I get up hours before time, just to loosen up and walk without pain.

I remember when Flacco was on the Ravens he had a good young TE (Heath something?), and he suffered a hip dislocation. My friend is a big Ravens fan, and he was relieved it wasn't broken, but a dislocation of the hip is worse. As soon as they said what it was, I told him the guy wouldn't play again. He thought I was crazy, but...

Same injury as Bo Jackson.  Feel bad for Tua, lots of rehab ahead of him.  Changes the top of the draft next year. One less QB going high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If it's a dislocation of the hip, he's done. 

I had one years ago, It's a horrible injury. You basically have to learn to walk all over again...... The pain never goes away, and the leg never is the same.

sorry to hear that, Catorze...     thats way worse than my two semi arthritic knees due to meniscus injuries...

ya know I hesitated talking about Tuas habits cos I feared his injury was really bad....   and alotta guys get hit a bunch and dont get hurt...   so i never assign it as some sort of player "weakness" ,

 view it sort of more as a luck thing , angle of hits and angle of limbs and joints landing or being landed on...

and a genetic lottery thing ( both luck things , really...duh!)

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgia pulls it out! @Lith 

good hard fought win there but our offense is still pre-historic. We cannot hang with LSU come time to do so.

but this defense is absolutely MEAN.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody is better at winning ugly than the Dawgs.  All 3 big games this year, Auburn, Florida and NOtre Dame follow similar scripts.  Get the lead, let a team hang around, go soft on defense and survive. 

It was ugly, but I will take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Same injury as Bo Jackson.  Feel bad for Tua, lots of rehab ahead of him.  Changes the top of the draft next year. One less QB going high. 

We don't know that yet although it sounds bad. If it is the same injury I wonder how far medical science has improved over the last 30 years because that is around when Bo got hurt. 

Look at Tommy John surgery in baseball players. That was almost a death sentence 30 years ago and now you almost want your pitcher to get it out of the way before moving forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Georgia pulls it out! @Lith 

good hard fought win there but our offense is still pre-historic. We cannot hang with LSU come time to do so.

but this defense is absolutely MEAN.

Defense is mean when its aggressive, but they need to make more splash plays.    When we get the lead and sit back in the zone, we lose all momentum.  Lucky Nix missed that 4th and 2 pass or there is a good chance it goes to OT and they are still playing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RobR said:

We don't know that yet although it sounds bad. If it is the same injury I wonder how far medical science has improved over the last 30 years because that is around when Bo got hurt. 

Look at Tommy John surgery in baseball players. That was almost a death sentence 30 years ago and now you almost want your pitcher to get it out of the way before moving forward. 

Also, from what I have read today, I think part of the issue with Bo's injury was that he did not get treated quickly enough and there was not enough blood getting to the joint.  Hopefully they got to Tua quickly enough to minimize the damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RobR said:

We don't know that yet although it sounds bad. If it is the same injury I wonder how far medical science has improved over the last 30 years because that is around when Bo got hurt. 

Look at Tommy John surgery in baseball players. That was almost a death sentence 30 years ago and now you almost want your pitcher to get it out of the way before moving forward. 

I don’t think it’s career ending, just a lot of rehab and time.  As far as his draft stock goes, that’s all but gone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, AJ Epenesa is the Top 10 pick from Iowa.  Not Wirfs.  Wirfs is a 1st rounder, but Epenesa is an absolute monster.  Game changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Defense is mean when its aggressive, but they need to make more splash plays.    When we get the lead and sit back in the zone, we lose all momentum.  Lucky Nix missed that 4th and 2 pass or there is a good chance it goes to OT and they are still playing.

Facts! They can’t do that against LSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why do coaches at all levels lose their nerve when ahead?  Auburn is doing nothing all game and once the lead goes to 21 Georgia's D starts playing softer than butter.

That been what we have been doing all year.  Similar story against Florida.  Shutout through Q3, and then play soft and allow teams back in.  Like I said above, I am not going to give back the "w", but this team needs to put someone away when they have them on the ropes.  And what the hell has happened to our offense.  Just about every drive a 3 and out except for the 3 TD drives.  Just awful, especially in this era of offensive football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

In my opinion, AJ Epenesa is the Top 10 pick from Iowa.  Not Wirfs.  Wirfs is a 1st rounder, but Epenesa is an absolute monster.  Game changer.

Hell of a game from him.  He’s probably the second Edge player taken after Young. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

In my opinion, AJ Epenesa is the Top 10 pick from Iowa.  Not Wirfs.  Wirfs is a 1st rounder, but Epenesa is an absolute monster.  Game changer.

Didn't see that you beat MInnesota.  Congrats.  Nice run by Minnesota coming out of nowhere to the Top 10.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Also think part of the issue with Bo's injury was that he did not get treated quickly enough and there was not enough blood getting to the joint.  Hopefully they got to Tua quickly enough to minimize the damage.

Agreed. Back then they didn't have the science too realize what they were dealing with.

My only caveat is some bones don't get blood flow like others and that is an anatomy problem. If you ever break a wrist, don't break your scaphoid bone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

Also, from what I have read today, I think part of the issue with Bo's injury was that he did not get treated quickly enough and there was not enough blood getting to the joint.  Hopefully they got to Tua quickly enough to minimize the damage.

I dislocated mine years ago sliding hard into second. I knew I was hurt, but couldn't feel much pain. My instinct was to get up putting my weight on my good leg. Before I could straighten, I toppled over, on the side where I was hurt. It was like I had no leg. The shortstop told my coach I passed out before I hit the ground. 

I remember being in an ambulance and hearing voices, but then I went out again and didn't wake up until the next morning with my leg in traction. According to the nurse, if a hip dislocation isn't treated within hours, the patient can actually die. It's a horrible injury, the leg is never the same. If that's what Tua has, he's not coming back next season, and he probably never will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobR said:

We don't know that yet although it sounds bad. If it is the same injury I wonder how far medical science has improved over the last 30 years because that is around when Bo got hurt. 

Look at Tommy John surgery in baseball players. That was almost a death sentence 30 years ago and now you almost want your pitcher to get it out of the way before moving forward. 

I mentioned the Ravens TE who came up with Flacco. He never came back. Since its something which happened to me, I always feel for an athlete who it happens to. I honestly don't know of one who has been able to come back.

EDIT I just saw the ESPN scroll that it is a hip dislocation. Man, I feel horrible for the kid. like @Lith said, hopefully his family took out an insurance policy guarding against a career ending injury while in school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I dislocated mine years ago sliding hard into second. I knew I was hurt, but couldn't feel much pain. My instinct was to get up putting my weight on my good leg. Before I could straighten, I toppled over, on the side where I was hurt. It was like I had no leg. The shortstop told my coach I passed out before I hit the ground. 

I remember being in an ambulance and hearing voices, but then I went out again and didn't wake up until the next morning with my leg in traction. According to the nurse, if a hip dislocation isn't treated within hours, the patient can actually die. It's a horrible injury, the leg is never the same. If that's what Tua has, he's not coming back next season, and he probably never will.

Hope you recovered okay. 

As for Tua, hopefuly he has insurance to protect him against a drop in the draft and at the very least will be financially secure.  Hoping maybe it turns out not to be as serious as feared and he still has a shot at an NFL career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Didn't see that you beat MInnesota.  Congrats.  Nice run by Minnesota coming out of nowhere to the Top 10.

The board is happy. Now they don’t have to explain why they didn’t put an unbeaten team into the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

A big game for Mims tonight would do a lot for his stock in a crowded class

Didn’t realize Mims was as fast as he is.  Plus his arms look abnormally long for his body..Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The board is happy. Now they don’t have to explain why they didn’t put an unbeaten team into the playoffs. 

If Minnesota would have run the table, including a win over Ohio State for the Big 10 Championship, it would have been tough to keep them out.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I mentioned the Ravens TE who came up with Flacco. He never came back. Since its something which happened to me, I always feel for an athlete who it happens to. I honestly don't know of one who has, especially one who has.

We are still not 100% sure what the injury is, so I don't want to speculate much. Even worst case scenario you're comparing to a guy who was probably in his 40-50's sliding into a base during a beer league game and a TE from over a decade ago.

We're talking about a top athlete that is around 20 and has top end care. Either way his stock will tank because he can never stay healthy. It;s quite disgusting what Saban makes/ convinces these kids to play through. He just had surgery a few weeks ago and played last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lith said:

If Minnesota would have run the table, including a win over Ohio State for the Big 10 Championship, it would have been tough to keep them out.  

Completely agree but they don’t want “small” programs in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...