college game day... 11/16

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Tua's highs were higher.  And without his play in the second half in the Natty against Georgia, netiher guy is a national champ.  I would give the edge to Tua, at least as of now. 

If Hurts does something special with Oklahoma this season and that could change, but it will have to start over the last 16 minutes of tonight's game.

It's pretty close I think.

Don't forget the game when Hurts bailed out Bama coming off the bench for a huge win his last year there. I'm not a Tide fan, but that was a feel good moment after watching him be the good soldier when Tua took his job. I felt so good for him that night.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

It's pretty close I think.

Don't forget the game when Hurts bailed out Bama coming off the bench for a huge win his last year at Bama. I'm not a Tide fan, but that was a feel good moment after watching him be the good soldier when Tua took his job. I felt so good for him that night.

I won't forget that one anytime soon.  It was also against Georgia in the SEC Championship last year.  Cost us a shot at the playoffs and a 2nd straight SEC Title.  I agree that it is close, but I think the National Championship performance tips the scales in Tua's favor.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I won't forget that one anytime soon.  It was also against Georgia in the SEC Championship last year.  Cost us a shot at the playoffs and a 2nd straight SEC Title.  I agree that it is close, but I think the National Championship performance tips the scales in Tua's favor.

I'm not sure. Did Jalen win a NC at Bama as a starter?

BTW Baylor D is on fumes... LOL

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

When Hurts came in late, I was initially relieved. Thought maybe he had a bit of a cold arm sitting on the bench and we would be able to press his buttons. I think we were up by a score and he marched down the field on us like it was nothing. Tua > Hurts though. agreed on that.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

BTW Baylor D is on fumes... LOL

Yup.  They have probably been on the field for a full game's worth of snaps in the second half.  Credit to OU defense for getting off the field and helping keep the pressure on Baylor.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

When Hurts came in late, I was initially relieved. Thought maybe he had a bit of a cold arm sitting on the bench and we would be able to press his buttons. I think we were up by a score and he marched down the field on us like it was nothing. Tua > Hurts though. agreed on that.

On talent alone, definitely. I'm going by their actual college careers though, and I'm not really sure. My head says Tua, for some reason my heart is saying Jalen.