Alka

Jets will dominate Redskins on Sunday-win by 20 points

Props for picking their two victories.

The Redskins opened as a favorite.   These two teams are about even.   The Jets win one game and some forget how bad this roster is.   What happened after they beat the Cowboys again?

Redskins 20 -  Jets 19

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alka said:

So far, I've started a thread with my prediction of the Jets beating the Cowboys, and last weekend with the Jets beating the Giants.

I realize that predicting another win agains the Redskins is not going out on a limb, so let me say that the Jets will win by 20 points this weekend.

I say this for several reasons;

1. Great matchup for the Jets.  Redskins don't throw the ball very well, but run the ball well.  Jets defend the run very well.

2. Jets blitz more than any other team in the NFL, and Haskins, being a rookie, and looking like one, is prime meat for this Jets defense.

3. Darnold seems to have figured out how to avoid the sacks, and string out plays to connect with receivers.  Look for this to continue.

4. Washington is the worst team that the Jets have faced this season.  I understand that Washington beat the Fins, but that Fins team is different now, and the Fins team we faced is different from the one that Washington faced.

Final score:   Jets 33  Redskins 13

i like the enthusiasm but the jets have a history of playing down to the level of the competition.  i'd like to see a win but more importantly i'd like to see them play a full 60 minutes and play a solid game.  what does that mean?  to me a solid game means not giving up stupid plays on defense.  having a pass rush and stopping the run.  on offense they need to execute.  get a good 3rd down ratio, no turnovers, and get those critical first downs that can seal a win.  and it would be great to see them match a score after being scored on.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Wish I even gave a half a sh*t if they win or not. Can we just fast forward two season from now? 

Not real confident the future even all that bright- but let’s see what Joe Douglas can do. Then when he fails too we just flush it down the toilet and try again. Ahhh- to be a Jet fan.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You also created this gem.

Thank you for reminding me.  I didn't predict a Jets win in this game if you read my post in it's entirety, but I did predict a hard fought close game, and for that I was dead wrong.  Still, This thread is the 3rd thread where I predict a win, so on that note, I am 2 for 2.

I did back up my words with a $20.00 bet, so at least I put my money where my mouth was in that game.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

“The Jets will win, and if they don’t, then they’ll lose”.

I didn't say they would win in that thread.  I said I didn't want to predict a loss, so I just said it would be a close game where we would lose.  I was wrong about it being a close game. ok, you got me.

let's bet. I'll give you 5:1 this doesnt happen.

I could use your money.

I want Hers to win out. I want Sam to play great. At the same time, I want Jets to win all games with flukes pick sixes, fumble returns etc. go maybe 7-9, lose two games by 30 points each and get the HC sh*tcanned

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

let's bet. I'll give you 5:1 this doesnt happen.

I could use your money.

I already got my bets down for the weekend.  Thankfully, on my bets, I don't have to give 20 points. It's a prediction.  Let's see you make a prediction for the game.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Alka said:

Thats what makes my 3rd prediction on the year so good.  When I'm proven right, again, you can come back and congratulate me.

Do you predict we would win all of our 7 loss games?

30 minutes ago, Alka said:

I didn't say they would win in that thread.  I said I didn't want to predict a loss, so I just said it would be a close game where we would lose.  I was wrong about it being a close game. ok, you got me.

I’m only playin.

I like the Jets to win tomorrow too.  One of the few times all season.  Although they usually take the following week off after a win, even when there is a game, and no matter how lowly the competition.  And it doesn’t matter much which DECADE you look at.

I agree the Redskins are the worst team we've played this year and I agree that we'll win.

But I don't think we're good enough to beat anyone by 20 points.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

The Redskins are the same level of competition.

Actually they’re not.  

Such a bold prediction.  I say they have a chance to win, but by how much, who knows.  They also have a very good chance to lose.  This Jets team could lose to anyone.  Even Alabama and Ohio State.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Redskin 13 Jets 10

Agreed.  Though I will also predict SAR will act like it was a win (same as the opening game against Buffalo).

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

This is a very bad match up for the Jets.  The Redskins have a very strong DL and decent defense.  I don’t see the Jets blocking Jonathan Allen and Co.

Oh..another bad team with a strong DL.  See the pattern?   A meddling owner who insists that his GM drafts players that will not bust.   So you get a bad team with a strong DL.  Whoopee!

3 hours ago, Alka said:

So far, I've started a thread with my prediction of the Jets beating the Cowboys, and last weekend with the Jets beating the Giants.

I realize that predicting another win agains the Redskins is not going out on a limb, so let me say that the Jets will win by 20 points this weekend.

Anytime you predict a JETS win is absolutely going out on a limb. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is a very bad match up for the Jets.  The Redskins have a very strong DL and decent defense.  I don’t see the Jets blocking Jonathan Allen and Co.

Oh..another bad team with a strong DL.  See the pattern?   A meddling owner who insists that his GM drafts players that will not bust.   So you get a bad team with a strong DL.  Whoopee!

Sounds like you haven’t read the million emotional posts of fans who want REX back. 🤣

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Props for picking their two victories.

The Redskins opened as a favorite.   These two teams are about even.   The Jets win one game and some forget how bad this roster is.   What happened after they beat the Cowboys again?

Redskins 20 -  Jets 19

You know Haskins in starting right?

Agreed.  Though I will also predict SAR will act like it was a win (same as the opening game against Buffalo).

Even at the beginning of the year when we thought our team had a chance at the playoffs, SAR had this game against the skins as a loss. I remember thinking they were awful, and how could he have us losing to them, but he stuck with it.

Now I really hope he was wrong!

Just now, Legend Killa7 said:

Even at the beginning of the year when we thought our team had a chance at the playoffs, SAR had this game against the skins as a loss. I remember thinking they were awful, and how could he have us losing to them, but he stuck with it.

Now I really hope he was wrong!

He had us going 11-5 with this game as a loss?!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually they’re not.  

Where are the Jets better? Obviously Darnold over Haskins right now but the Skins are awfully similar to the Jets. Weak secondary good d-line and a clogged toilet offense. Kerrigan is a legit pass rusher.

55 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You know Haskins in starting right?

Haskins is a very talented passer.  He was selected in the first round for good reason.  His Ohio State film is legit.  He can make anticipation throws.   He is accurate.  He can get to secondary reads.  If the Jets don't get any pass rush, he can find open receivers against their secondary.  

Darnold started off struggling.  Then he showed out well to close out his rookie season.

Amazing how quickly people dismiss QBs?  Haskins has barely played yet.

You are viewing this matchup through pure homerism.  If you were a Skins fan, what would you be thinking?   Vegas has Washington as a favorite.  Why do you think that is?

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Where are the Jets better? Obviously Darnold over Haskins right now but the Skins are awfully similar to the Jets. Weak secondary good d-line and a clogged toilet offense. Kerrigan is a legit pass rusher.

Starting with QB is huge.

The Jets D is better and should confuse Haskins.  

I think the Jets are the better team, just my opinion 

• Upvote 2