Alka

Jets will dominate Redskins on Sunday-win by 20 points

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Haskins is a very talented passer.  He was selected in the first round for good reason.  His Ohio State film is legit.  He can make anticipation throws.   He is accurate.  He can get to secondary reads.  If the Jets don't get any pass rush, he can find open receivers against their secondary.  

Darnold started off struggling.  Then he showed out well to close out his rookie season.

Amazing how quickly people dismiss QBs?  Haskins has barely played yet.

You are viewing this matchup through pure homerism.  If you were a Skins fan, what would you be thinking?   Vegas has Washington as a favorite.  Why do you think that is?

Haskins 2019 numbers...0 TD's....4 INTs...……..we will see

I think the horrendous blowout by the Patriots set the Jets back for several weeks, and they are only recovered as a team vs the Giants.  So I think the Jets beat the Redskins by double digits, with 20 points not being out of the question.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I think the horrendous blowout by the Patriots set the Jets back for several weeks, and they are only recovered as a team vs the Giants.  So I think the Jets beat the Redskins by double digits, with 20 points not being out of the question.

Perfectly said. I’ve been saying this for weeks!

Before that Pats game, against the blitz, Sam was “perfect”. Now what I mean with that is that he had zero turnovers. But hey, give BB his due. He found something, and exposed a big weakness for Sam (and ESPECIALLY our OL) and the very next week, Jags did the same thing. Fins did it to a lesser extent. Then you have the absolute moronic vagiants who are just God awful and did none of that and Sam did just fine.

Again, what I have been preaching all year: it’s not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them. Sam just came back from mono, looked great against the Cowboys. Now you take that Pats game and move it to week 17, I sincerely think the Jets win in both FL games. Unfortunately, the mastermind found a big weakness and the next two teams piggybacked.

Hopefully, that win last week has Sam back on track and we can go on a little run!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Perfectly said. I’ve been saying this for weeks!

Before that Pats game, against the blitz, Sam was “perfect”. Now what I mean with that is that he had zero turnovers. But hey, give BB his due. He found something, and exposed a big weakness for Sam (and ESPECIALLY our OL) and the very next week, Jags did the same thing. Fins did it to a lesser extent. Then you have the absolute moronic vagiants who are just God awful and did none of that and Sam did just fine.

Again, what I have been preaching all year: it’s not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them. Sam just came back from mono, looked great against the Cowboys. Now you take that Pats game and move it to week 17, I sincerely think the Jets win in both FL games. Unfortunately, the mastermind found a big weakness and the next two teams piggybacked.

Hopefully, that win last week has Sam back on track and we can go on a little run!

Damn, I was just going to say pretty much what you said in your reply.  The Jets are a different team right now, and not the team which lost to the Dolphins or the Patriots.  The Dolphins are not the same team that lost to Washington for the Redskins first and probably only win of the year. 

The Jets offensive line is coming together right now, and the D line is coming together.  Offensive line is bad, but I believe is better than what we have seen so far this year.  The D line, now that we have established our players (minus Leonard Williams) has a chance to show what they will be going forward the rest of this year and next year.   Darnold will now be the quarterback that ended the season last year.

Jets by 20 points today.  The Jets players said they will be going on a run right now, and they ain't lying!! 

Before the season, I started a thread predicting the Jets will win 7 games this season, 8 if everything went perfectly with no major injuries.  Look it up if you like.

Well, there have been major injuries.  Can the Jets go 5-2 to end up with 7 wins this year?

I believe that they can, and I believe that they will.  Washington, Bengals, Dolphins, Steelers and would you believe it, Buffalo.  7 wins.

• Upvote 1

Looking good. I can’t believe the Redskins were favored. They haven’t scored a touchdown in four games.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 11:11 AM, Alka said:

So far, I've started a thread with my prediction of the Jets beating the Cowboys, and last weekend with the Jets beating the Giants.

I realize that predicting another win agains the Redskins is not going out on a limb, so let me say that the Jets will win by 20 points this weekend.

I say this for several reasons;

1. Great matchup for the Jets.  Redskins don't throw the ball very well, but run the ball well.  Jets defend the run very well.

2. Jets blitz more than any other team in the NFL, and Haskins, being a rookie, and looking like one, is prime meat for this Jets defense.

3. Darnold seems to have figured out how to avoid the sacks, and string out plays to connect with receivers.  Look for this to continue.

4. Washington is the worst team that the Jets have faced this season.  I understand that Washington beat the Fins, but that Fins team is different now, and the Fins team we faced is different from the one that Washington faced.

Final score:   Jets 33  Redskins 13

On 11/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, Beerfish said:

The jets are not beating any team by 20 points.

How about by 31?

• Upvote 2

On 11/16/2019 at 1:11 PM, Alka said:

So far, I've started a thread with my prediction of the Jets beating the Cowboys, and last weekend with the Jets beating the Giants.

I realize that predicting another win agains the Redskins is not going out on a limb, so let me say that the Jets will win by 20 points this weekend.

1. Great matchup for the Jets.  Redskins don't throw the ball very well, but run the ball well.  Jets defend the run very well.

2. Jets blitz more than any other team in the NFL, and Haskins, being a rookie, and looking like one, is prime meat for this Jets defense.

3. Darnold seems to have figured out how to avoid the sacks, and string out plays to connect with receivers.  Look for this to continue.

4. Washington is the worst team that the Jets have faced this season.  I understand that Washington beat the Fins, but that Fins team is different now, and the Fins team we faced is different from the one that Washington faced.

You were right. 

On 11/16/2019 at 11:11 AM, Alka said:

Jets 34  Skins 11

Still some clock left.

When was the last time the Jets scored 40+?

So far you're way off.  You predicted neither team's score correctly. :)

• Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I enjoy reading threads with lots of Fail posts!

But to be honest, the Skins are brutally bad.

Yet they were the favorites. WTF up wit dat ?

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 7:39 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

You also created this gem.

Best is this call counted in his stats when he made it "I hope that I am wrong on this, and will be happy being 1 for 2, batting .500 after this game."

But once it was wrong it didn't count and he is back to 1-0 lol. He must subscribe to the @SAR I Internet Debate Workshop series.

• Upvote 1

That was a beatdown.  Nice win.  Darnold looks better out there.

A win next week against a good raider team would be a nice Thanksgiving gift for all of us.

• Upvote 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

For Jet fans who didn't watch the game but just checked the score:

Gase Eyes.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This OP nailed it. W/o reading responses on here I’m sure some nuts on this board will nit pick that they “only won by 17” but that was complete domination by the Jets. Game never in doubt. Would love to see more like that!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

8a1b8d35233d308697e496e399787b0f.gif

Why am I not surprised this was posted by you.  LMAO!  

+Rep for getting the score right(ish).

Congratulations