Jump to content
nyjets1969

Another Jets blunder as Baylor is thrashing Oklahoma

Recommended Posts

Matt Rhule took a dumpster fire to this and the Johnson boys want to pick his assistants. What a joke no wonder why this team is a perennial laughingstock 

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Rhule is doing there is amazing. Unbelievable really. But Macc and CJ picked Gase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rhule might be the next Bill Parcells /Belichick  and Johnsons were demanding to pick his assistants for him just depressing.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about the one that got away...

Or in this case the one you totally blew up and then made worse by hooking up with the first person who showed you the time of day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw - if anyone watched the tcu game Rhule has stones. His team wasnt able to get anything going for three qtrs and then came back to win in really impressive fashion in overtime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Matt Rhule took a dumpster fire to this and the Johnson boys want to pick his assistants. What a joke no wonder why this team is a perennial laughingstock 

Yes, every really good college coach succeeds in the pros.....

Steve Spurrier, chip Kelly, Butch Davis and of course our very own Lou holtz. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sticking up in any way for Johnson or denying the Jets dysfunction, but a coach that can do brilliantly in college may not be a coach that can get it done in pro ball. Plenty of examples including the Jets very own Lou Holtz 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baylor is rolling but nobody else hired him last season 

lets not put him in the hall just yet 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yes, every really good college coach succeeds in the pros.....

Steve Spurrier, chip Kelly, Butch Davis and of course our very own Lou holtz. 

He isnt a typical College coach doesnt adhere to 1 system like the guys you mention he is more like a Parcells who organizes and brings in assistants to run the team. Anything would have been better then Rich Kotite 2.0 they have now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macc wanted him with Gregg Williams as the D coordinator and Monken as OC.  Rhule wanted to bring a gang of neophytes instead.  F that..  don't care what he's doing in Whacko TX. 

They would still be 2-7 if injuries and mono took place with Rhule at the helm and this board would be screaming more about Macc than the absurd amount they do now.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

He isnt a typical College coach doesnt adhere to 1 system like the guys you mention he is more like a Parcells who organizes and brings in assistants to run the team. Anything would have been better then Rich Kotite 2.0 they have now.

The offensive line would still be horrible.

Darnold still gets mono.

We still suck.

You're calling Matt Rhule, rich kotite 2.0. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Matt Rhule took a dumpster fire to this and the Johnson boys want to pick his assistants. What a joke no wonder why this team is a perennial laughingstock 

As I watched Rhule speak during gameday this morning, I thought thank goodness the Jets didn't choose him. Why? Because he seems like such a good coach and a great guy, I felt really happy for him that he didn't come to this sh*tshow. Blessing in disguise for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Pac said:

Macc wanted him with Gregg Williams as the D coordinator and Monken as OC.  Rhule wanted to bring a gang of neophytes instead.  F that..  don't care what he's doing in Whacko TX. 

They would still be 2-7 if injuries and mono took place with Rhule at the helm and this board would be screaming more about Macc than the absurd amount they do now.

Well that worked out well for Macc huh?

Lol mostly any other HC gets to bring “his guys”. But Jets rather force a bunch of guys together and create a mess instead.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol mostly any other HC gets to bring “his guys”. But Jets rather force a bunch of guys together and create a mess instead.

 

Exactly.  If you trust a guy enough to offer him the HC position, then you should trust him to build his own staff.  No way of knowing if Rhule will be successful in the NFL, but it was a half-assed way of doing things.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Pac said:

Macc wanted him with Gregg Williams as the D coordinator and Monken as OC.  Rhule wanted to bring a gang of neophytes instead.  F that..  don't care what he's doing in Whacko TX. 

Consider how smart Rhule was to walk away from a trio of Maccagnan, Gregg Williams, and Todd Monken. Would have been like marrying three OJ Simpsons

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The power structure has become absurd, 1st you have coaches and gms reporting separately.  Then you have dumb ass owners trying to dictate coordinators.

Rhule was very smart to tell these guys to pound sand.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Well that worked out well for Macc huh?

Lol mostly any other HC gets to bring “his guys”. But Jets rather force a bunch of guys together and create a mess instead.

 

Rhule hasn't earned the right to bring in "his guys".  This pining away for Rhule by the same people who were apoplectic about the prospects of signing him is ridic.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be hysterical in a few years when we find out that Chris Johnson fired Maccagnan not because of anything Gase said or did, but because Johnson had a Sixth Sense-style epiphany where he realized Maccagnan intentionally sabotaged the hiring of Matt Rhule. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Rhule hasn't earned the right to bring in "his guys".  This pining away for Rhule by the same people who were apoplectic about the prospects of signing him is ridic.

So he earned the right to become a HC butttttt not yet to choose staff he wants. Totally makes sense. 

🙄

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It took Rhule three years to build this team.

This fan base would've wanted him fired halfway through his first. 

Lol. Also very true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no matter what happens in this game still amazing to take a dumpster fire to a team that is competing with a national powerhouse the experts never pick them to even compete with Oklahoma. I stand by this entire thread as a conviction on this ownership how they are guilty in refusing to hire coaches like this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chokked away a 25 pt lead DISGUSTINVG we should of hired Todd Monken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...