Another Jets blunder as Baylor is thrashing Oklahoma

nyjets1969

I can’t blame our FO for not wanting to pair a 21yr old QB with a staff led by Rhule and his assistants with no real NFL experience leading an offense. He’s doing great at Baylor for sure it’s awesome to see unfold but there’s no indication that success at either level will automatically translate to the other level. Idk maybe that’s my way of coping with it I have Stockholm syndrome please help

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Consider how smart Rhule was to walk away from a trio of Maccagnan, Gregg Williams, and Todd Monken. Would have been like marrying three OJ Simpsons

It was fun watching the velcro shoe crew narrative switch from “lol ya right Macc tried to pick Rhule’s assistants ? [scoffs so hard he chokes on his own spit]” to “actually, a guy who regularly injures himself while eating with a fork insisting that he gets to pick his head coach’s assistants is smart footballing”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly, I don't  want to see the Jets coached by a bunch of college guys that have no NFL experience. How many times has that failed in this league. What he is doing now doesn't  mean he would be able to deal with playing against BB twice a year, fixing this horrible OL, developing Sam, having to play games with no kicker, and then starting a practice squad QB. If he was on the Jets,  we would all be saying he sucks and what were we thinking bringing in another rookie HC. I only think under those conditions Gase sucks because he sucked on Miami. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

It was fun watching the velcro shoe crew narrative switch from “lol ya right Macc tried to pick Rhule’s assistants ? [scoffs so hard he chokes on his own spit]” to “actually, a guy who regularly injures himself while eating with a fork insisting that he gets to pick his head coach’s assistants is smart footballing”

As an aside, I do find it intriguing that the Real Fans think Gregg Williams is doing a great job despite opposing QBs putting up career games against him every week. Is it because he’s a <wait for it> Football Guy?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

By picking Gase over Rhule, we traded one dumpster fire for another.

The choice should have been McCarthy. 

A rah-rah leader of college boys was not necessarily going to work in the NFL.  At least Spurrier was a football geek.  

For a team like the Jets, McCarthy was the logical choice, warts and all.  He could have developed Darnold and brought the professionalism back to the team.

But McCarthy knew it and wanted a lot of money.  Maybe he was ”burned out” and there was talk in the NFL about that.   But for what he could have done to improve the value of the franchise, he was probably worth it. 

Was he going to be a forever HC?  No.  But this HC for the Jets was basically a bridge coach to offensive focus and professionalism.

But in the big picture, replacing and expanding the Jets FO was worth bringing Gase in.  Despite Kalil and the kicker, I am optimistic about Douglas.  Basically because he did not surround himself with empty suits and yes men. Alexander, Hogan and Savage should all add good thoughts in the room.  The concern with Mac was always that there were not enough good thoughts.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Yea, Matt Rhule would have motivated Trumaine Johnsons azz & healed all of the wounded, miraculously transformed this Oline into the 2009 Jets and added 20 Lbs of muscle to Robbie Andersons frame. 

Oh, don't look now but he's just suffered another NY Jet like collapse. This fan base would have been killing this guy by now. And just imagine if he didn't have GW here to keep this defense motivated. The grass is always greener on the other side for Jet fans. 

He would have whispered John 3:16 into Chuma Edoga’s ear and Edoga would have instantly gained the ability to slide step 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Remember when Ruhle was being interviewed and so many here had so much fun downplaying him, made fun of the fact that he used religious quotes?  Nothing in his past said he could coach in the NFL?

My therapist has taught me to totally block out all of the last interviewing process that CJ ran. Who is Ruhle??

• Haha 1

Rhule is way too conservative and that’s why they blew the game last night. He has done a solid job at Baylor but they could easily have 3 or 4 more losses in games they lucked out and won. Joe Brady is THE college coach to hire; he learned under Payton with the Saints and has turned the LSU offense from looking Jets like to being the most explosive in college football 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Pennington said:

Rhule is way too conservative and that’s why they blew the game last night. He has done a solid job at Baylor but they could easily have 3 or 4 more losses in games they lucked out and won. Joe Brady is THE college coach to hire; he learned under Payton with the Saints and has turned the LSU offense from looking Jets like to being the most explosive in college football 

I'm convinced!  Of course we have to wait until after next year to see if our job opens up and if he's still available.