### Jets \ Redskins -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

The Jets look to start the first winning streak of the year. 3 and 7 sounds better than 2 and 8. They need to beat up on the Skins and their young QB.

Neville Hewitt should be back which will help the Defense out. Should be lots of blitzing to rattle the kid.

Can today be the day they find a way to get Bell going? 100 yards on the ground anyone? Has to happen at some point.

Let's go Jets!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I believe if the Jets cannot man-handle a team that hasn’t scored a touchdown in over a month then they are in even more trouble than we thought. Sam Darnold does well against this kind of zone coverage but the question is whether or not the OL can hold up. They have a pretty decent young DL and our offensive line has been so bad this year, I can’t see us doing any better against the Redskins than anyone else. I DO think things settle in a little more with Harrison back at Center but I don’t think it will have a big enough impact to make the rest of the OL look serviceable. Harrison, himself, is not great, he just knows his job decently and Sam seems comfortable with him snapping the ball. Whenever you seen Sam so good, Jonatthan Harrison was the man snapping. We have even bigger issues at tackle and guard so this is going to be a bumpy ride the rest of the season for pass protection whether we play a 1-8 team or a 7-2 team.

We need to create momentum on offense early. That means no mind numbing schotty bullsh*t. Attack the soft spots in the zone with Crowder, DT & Robbie need passes that go FOWARD,, not screens or out routes that end up 3 yards before the sticks. Griffin needs to be involved as a passing option. Bell. There’s enough pieces here to work and I’ve always thought that even though I understand the position that this roster’s in. The beginning of a 17th rebuild. I think we take care of business here as long as we move the ball decently. They cannot run worth a sh*t Callahan has been dense enough to keep trying to pound the rock .. that would be ideal for us given our pass defense is so crappy but our run defense is #2 in the league. Force Dwayne Haskins to throw the ball. sit back and wait for the rookie mistakes. Greg Williams knows how to get pressure on a rook.

Jets - 24

Skins - 13

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I believe if the Jets cannot man-handle a team that hasn’t scored a touchdown in over a month then they are in even more trouble than we thought. Sam Darnold does well against this kind of zone coverage but the question is whether or not the OL can hold up. They have a pretty decent young DL and our offensive line has been so bad this year, I can’t see us doing any better against the Redskins than anyone else. I DO think things settle in a little more with Harrison back at Center but I don’t think it will have a big enough impact to make the rest of the OL look serviceable. Harrison, himself, is not great, he just knows his job decently and Sam seems comfortable with him snapping the ball. Whenever you seen Sam so good, Jonatthan Harrison was the man snapping. We have even bigger issues at tackle and guard so this is going to be a bumpy ride the rest of the season for pass protection whether we play a 1-8 team or a 7-2 team.

We need to create momentum on offense early. That means no mind numbing schotty bullsh*t. Attack the soft spots in the zone with Crowder, DT & Robbie need passes that go FOWARD,, not screens or out routes that end up 3 yards before the sticks. Griffin needs to be involved as a passing option. Bell. There’s enough pieces here to work and I’ve always thought that even though I understand the position that this roster’s in. The beginning of a 17th rebuild. I think we take care of business here as long as we move the ball decently. They cannot run worth a sh*t Callahan has been dense enough to keep trying to pound the rock .. that would be ideal for us given our pass defense is so crappy but our run defense is #2 in the league. Force Dwayne Haskins to throw the ball. sit back and wait for the rookie mistakes. Greg Williams knows how to get pressure on a rook.

Jets - 24

Skins - 13

Actually Winters being injured is a major plus for us. I think the interior of the line is much improved with Lewis, Harrison, and Compton. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets look to start the first winning streak of the year. 3 and 7 sounds better than 2 and 8. They need to beat up on the Skins and their young QB.

Neville Hewitt should be back which will help the Defense out. Should be lots of blitzing to rattle the kid.

Can today be the day they find a way to get Bell going? 100 yards on the ground anyone? Has to happen at some point.

Let's go Jets!

I do see an ugly win here. I’d be shocked if Bell cracked the century mark though. He’s been a great soldier no doubt- but this clearly is not a good fit at all for his running style. With his salary he be virtually impossible to move in the offseason. I’m thinking he gets cut in March. 
it just didn’t work he’s very expensive and I don’t see the results changing 

Tough game to get up for.

One of the few times I'm okay with being in a market where the Jets aren't being shown. I have no desire to go out to watch it either.

I'll be watching the Red Zone, and switching back and forth between the CBS and Fox games. I think the Ravens are one and the Panthers are the other.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Actually Winters being injured is a major plus for us. I think the interior of the line is much improved with Lewis, Harrison, and Compton. 

When the offense is on the field, I think this is key.  They may actually show some consistency for four quarters with this line.  Also of interest is TE Griffin.  Obviously catches what comes his way, but has also looked promising with his blocking.  If he continues to improve, it will go a long way to stabilizing the o-line.  IMHO he may turn out to be the surprise of the season. A TE that can do it all pays dividends in passing and running yards... 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets 27

Redskins 10

This will be our best game of the year.  Haskins stinks and wil not be able to move the redskins offense.

This or the Bengals game haha but yeah I agree the Redskins are really bad, would be terrible to lose this game but extremely helpful as it helps the likelihood of a higher pick 

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

I do see an ugly win here. I’d be shocked if Bell cracked the century mark though. He’s been a great soldier no doubt- but this clearly is not a good fit at all for his running style. With his salary he be virtually impossible to move in the offseason. I’m thinking he gets cut in March. 
it just didn’t work he’s very expensive and I don’t see the results changing 

I agree with you on that he just hasn’t been a good fit here with his running style and awful OL but he’s not going to get cut. He’s too good of a player and he’s getting paid too much money for that. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Decided not to go to the game. 

35 degrees, windchill below 20 at times, likelihood of a cold rain, hours in traffic from VA to MD......to watch this team?  Pass. 

To fill Dan Snyder's wallet?  Pass.

Warm comfortable TV will do today.  A repeat of the historic horrorshow 6-3 game is a real possibility today if the weather goes foul.

Remember that one all too well. Who will reprise the Fred Baxter roll today of dropping a couple of TD passes? Griffin or Wesco??   On a side note, what's the feeling down there about Rendon and Strasburg? I think Nats end up keeping both.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

For comparison’s sake, Marcus Maye has 32 tackles on the season and Le’Veon Bell is averaging 3.1 ypc and has a $15.5 million dollar cap hit next season 

He was my pick in round 2, I was convinced Macc was going to draft him. We got Marcus zero impact Maye instead.

Well we did pick Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp. So Jetsy.

20 minutes ago, section314 said:

Remember that one all too well. Who will reprise the Fred Baxter roll today of dropping a couple of TD passes? Griffin or Wesco??   On a side note, what's the feeling down there about Rendon and Strasburg? I think Nats end up keeping both.

We want to keep both.  We're afriad of losing either.  They're going to cost us ALOT.  But I think generally, outside the fringe "blow it all up" group of fans, we want to see much of the 2019 roster back, especially Strat and Tony.

• Upvote 1

First back-to-back wins in over a year? I'm pumped. Call it stupid but I really would like the young guys, especially the ones who have played their hearts out coming in because of injuries, to get this win. Really like to see Bell explode in this game. He deserves it. Let's kick some deadskins ass!

J!

15 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We want to keep both.  We're afriad of losing either.  They're going to cost us ALOT.  But I think generally, outside the fringe "blow it all up" group of fans, we want to see much of the 2019 roster back, especially Strat and Tony.

One thing that has to give you guys confidence is that your ownership has never shied away from paying guys.