Maxman

### Jets \ Redskins -- The Official Game Thread ###

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Wow. This guys is TERRIBLE. I understand trying to see what you have in him since Shell is probably a goner but geez. 

Traded Bridgewater for him. 

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I think the pressure came from both sides on that last sack.

Give the kid some slack, this is all about learning.

I give props to Sam for not turning it over.

The OL is marginally better, they aren't getting beat all to hell every drop back...just frequently..

Another stalled drive, but probably should have run first. and, after all, it is the freakin Jets.

I'll give him some slack when he looks like he's progressing. This isnt about 1 play, this is about overall performance. 

14 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We needed to build around our potential FQB so I’m not against the trade and at least we tried drafting at a position of need but Mac is just terrible. At least it wasn’t a DL or something. 

We failed with that, and Bridgewater is clearly better than Sam. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Wow, Haskins vision is absolute trash. Their receiver #13 was open during his entire route. Hit hitting him in stride probably would have been a TD. Right in the middle of the field. 

Im telling you, teams need to go back to the 80's and 90's and start sitting these dudes. These "Franchise QB's" more often than not are not ready to play. 

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m hindsight yes. It was a calculated gamble to say we are committing to our young QB, do not want a QB controversy and do not want to waste cap space paying Bridgewater since he was going to be a FA. We found more value in adding a top 100 draft pick to hopefully help support Sam. I can’t kill the rationale even though I hate Mac and would love to bash him.

I hate bad decisions/draft picks based on what’s known at the time that decision is made. I don’t like to play the hindsight game to this degree. I do agree I’d much rather we kept Bridgewater. 

When you're so concerned about creating a QB controversy that you're willing to shell out 10 million to McCown in order for him to mentor Sam instead of being a competitor, while at the same time talking about not wanting to "waste cap space", though Bridgewater is making 7.5 million this year in N.O. 

Poor logic and a poor way to build a team. The team's results support my statement. 

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He's a lot like Favre. Lives and dies by gunslinging. But hey, lots of hall of famers threw ints.

What? 

Lives and dies by gunslinging? Sam cant even standing in the pocket and throw the football with confidence. Every pass is with him drifting away. 

Favre wasnt doing that. Favre stood tall. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Agreed man. It’s just not a terrible as many other decisions is all that I’m saying. Sam is not looking good though so this decision is being amplified. 

It is just as terrible IMO, especially when we we continue with the notion of how the QB is the most important position in the league. 

You dont trade a competent QB because you drafted a QB, especially when as a franchise it's been hard to find a competent QB. 

Even if Sam didnt look like sh*t, the fact that if he gets injured or kisses on dirty women you will need someone to come in and be able to play. 

New Orleans even understands that and they have arguably the best QB to ever play. 

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Ohhhh, like the 2 TD passes today? I guess he "willed" those into the endzone. Lol you guys kill me sometimes.

By this logic everyone who throws a TD is a "gunslinger". 

Gunslinging doesnt just happen on TD passes. It's a QB style. 

The only thing being killed is this "gunslinger" narrative. 

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well it’s not as terrible to me because the bigger issue is that you don’t destroy the offense and OL before bringing in a rookie QB or even a FA QB like Bridgewater. Our team was ruined right before finding a QB or 2 with Darnold and Bridgewater. I’m not nearly as upset about losing Bridgewater as I am about the systematic destruction of the already bad roster that Big Mac inherited. This is like the 20th worst thing on my list haha. 

Bridgewater was already here, and it didnt require trading Bridgewater in order to build the offensive line. 

Maybe if we didnt draft Quinnen Williams and Jachai Polite we could have invested into the Oline. 

However, front offices that would trade their best QB for an unknown rookie, would also ignore the Oline with their top picks even though knowing the problems. 

Jetsy all the way around. 

I gotta say, watching Dwayne Haskins, It's clear that the Giants made the right decision going with Daniel Jones. 

Haskins looks terrible thus far. 

• Upvote 1

I was referring to prior to getting Bridgewater. It was a great FA signing but the moves in the year prior were way more of a blunder than trading him in my opinion is all. 

Okay, but my point still stands though. 

Also, when you need a QB as well then you dont disregard the opportunity to get Bridgewater because you dont have an Oline or offensvie weapons. Afterall, you still need a QB when what you're dealing with is Geno, Petty, Hack, Fitz and McCown. 

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yeah I get it. I was just telling you my opinion that it’s not as bad as other CRIPPLING moves. I’m not arguing opinions with you. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. I agree with your points for the most part. 

Could you provide me an example of one of these bigger  "crippling moves", because what Im looking at is a crippling team that has issues at every position outside of the position JamAll-Pro Adams plays. 

37 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yeah I get it. I was just telling you my opinion that it’s not as bad as other CRIPPLING moves. I’m not arguing opinions with you. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. I agree with your points for the most part. 

31 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Could you provide me an example of one of these bigger  "crippling moves", because what Im looking at is a crippling team that has issues at every position outside of the position JamAll-Pro Adams plays. 

?

I didn’t see your post quoting me. Do I really have to list the many horrible moves? This conversation is getting ridiculous and is wasteful. We are spinning wheels and going over obvious jet history. I don’t know what point you are trying to make. Enjoy the game. 

You dont have to list many, just 1 or 2 since you're claiming that there are so many that was worse than trading the best QB they had on the team. 

I'd like to see a couple examples of these many. 

However, if at the moment I ask you for your examples you then consider the conversation as "wasteful", then dont waste your time and enjoy the game, given that im not trying to make a point, but trying to see what you consider is "much more crippling" yet provided no examples of it. 

But like I said, dont respond if you think it's a waste of time. If I get a response, then I know that you think otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Enough of this bullsh*t.

Lets talk about this Sara Walsh:

Image result for sara walsh

My goodness, someone feed this woman. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

You got it lol

Here you go. 

The Jets are dominating the Redskins. Didnt even allow them to score a TD. That's pretty rare. 

Now that I've provided that credit for the insecure, is it okay that I go back and talk about the Redskins utter incompetence? 

• Haha 1

I've always like that type of screen. The Patriots run that play all the time and I always wonder why defenses never expect it. Put the RB on the left, let him run behine the Oline to the right side and usually he has tons of space for the dump off. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company