Maxman

### Jets \ Redskins -- The Official Game Thread ###

Tough game to get up for.

One of the few times I'm okay with being in a market where the Jets aren't being shown. I have no desire to go out to watch it either.

I'll be watching the Red Zone, and switching back and forth between the CBS and Fox games. I think the Ravens are one and the Panthers are the other.

• Upvote 1

The Bucs are wearing fugly red unis today. 

Edit Red zone just showed our traditional opening TD drive. Nice, but let’s keep it going today offense!

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Somebody want to tell me again that Darnold can't  be a FQB?

Whew! I guess one drive settled it, huh? 

Thank goodness. People were thinking he might be regressing.

8 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He's a lot like Favre. Lives and dies by gunslinging. But hey, lots of hall of famers threw ints.

He’s nothing like Favre. 

Last year  “he was like Peyton” because of all the ints in his rookie year.

Now it’s Favre? Lol. Brett had a rifle arm and he would try to make an impossibly hard throw by firing it into a tiny window. Sam is just dumb, and has poor mechanics. Always did.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Welp said:

Some of the usual suspects here just can’t wait to jump in when Darnold makes a mistake

We get to do a lot of jumping though, don’t we?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You might want to change your username then if that’s how you feel.

it’s reflecting like an image in a puddle.

Cute. Remember that the next time YOU start complaining about him.

If you think you’ve been watching a smart young QB who performed well under pressure the last two years, i don’t know what to tell you.

If you think his footwork isn’t a problem, the most athletic thing you’ve done in your life is post on a message board.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Damn that Darnold dude sure ain’t no franchise quarterback. What kind of FQB has 3 touchdowns at the half. 

Man oh man.

The Redskins defense says hello.

When a Josh Allen or Daniel Jones has a good day against a team like them, “they only look good against bad teams”. Sam does, it’s different. 

Such bs. He’s playing well against a horrible team. Stop the snark.

Just now, Jets723 said:

He tore up the Cowboys pretty good.  Look I agree there are things he needs to clean up but I feel it’s a huge overreaction.  I mean for ****s sake he made a bad mistake but other than that has 3 tds. 

I just said he’s playing well, didn’t I?

4 minutes ago, Y3k said:

T

The redskins defense Is good you hack 

Sorry nico.

You’re right. They’re awesome.

As I said, Sammy is playing great. Sit back and enjoy...

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

When did I ever say Sam is excused?  When did I ever say he was a finished product?  I’ve been very fair.  I said he has things he has to clean up. However it’s not as simple as “he just sucks. “. It’s not an excuse to say our oline is one of if not the worst in football.  Not blaming all his mistakes on th OL but it certainly makes it harder.  Also who knows how healthy he is. Mono, the toe, the thumb

Nothing really wrong here, except the usual excuses.

I just thought I’d return the butt fumble. 😜

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maybe those QB’s would good too. I never said anything about any other QB’s performance. I’m talking about my QB’s performance as of right now. 

He’s killing it. I’m sure you’d piss yourself in excitement if Baker went into the half with 3 TD’s against ANY team.

Also, just because the Redskins are, overall, a bad team...doesn’t necessarily mean their defense is piss poor as the collective effort. They have a nice young DL and some corners. Sam just naturally does well agains zone coverage and I noted this before the game on page 1. He has done a fantastic job against zone since his first preseason game. Why don’t we look at Washington’s Defense. DeAron Payne, Josh Norman, Ryan Karregin, good DL depth, nice safety duo. They aren’t scrubs.

Darnold sucks to you no matter what he does. You can’t stand Darnold supporters and the way they express their perspective so you take it out on your favorite team’s potential franchise QB. 

sad.

Sam isn’t broken yet.

Ok. Thanks for explaining me to me..

Now can you do you?.

What’s your problem with him?

Explain why every time he has a bad game you’re on here complaining how bad he is and how you’ve had it with him.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

ME? Thats false. Provide the link skippy. Good luck finding it.

Lmao. Don’t embarrass yourself by lying.

I’m done. I’ll leave this alone, it’s a game thread after all.

All anyone has to do is check a game thread or one of your Sunday night/Monday “over reaction threads”. There are a bunch.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Enough of this bullsh*t.

Lets talk about this Sara Walsh:

Image result for sara walsh

I’m thinking Rex Ryan is down for those babies...

13 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Eat it slinky. I have never said this team would go 1-15. Find it dumbass.

I’m sorry man. Dumb ass move on my part. I wasn’t paying attention (watching the tv while posting).

i thought I was quoting someone else in both of those posts.  Sorry excuse but it’s the truth. Again, I apologize.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

But aside from the sarcasm I will say this.....

This is really an excellent confidence builder for Sammy and the Jets. They've now won two in a row. They get to face the Raiders at home next Sunday. The Raiders are a borderline decent team. This should be a good barometer to see how Sammy and the team overall has developed confidence in the face of insurmountable injury and turmoil.

You had me 100% until those last 8 words... 😆 a little over dramatic, no?

6 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

OK. Accepted and retracting.

Thanks, man. You’re one of my favorites here, always been a class act. When I saw the notification was from you, I felt terrible. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You were saying?

Redskins are really bad. He had a good game though, no argument there.  Darnold is our QB, I want him to do well. More games like today and I’ll be on the he’s a franchise QB train.

Sorry, but one drive, or game aren’t going to erase all my concerns about him. I wish I was as sure about him as you are, but I’m not there yet.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company