### Jets \ Redskins -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Sams a baller when protected .. sooner we can clean the Oline pressure issues The sooner we can clean up his turnover issues .

I can't remember being more infuriated by a QB on a play by play basis. When he's on, he's ON.  When he makes a mistake, it's f*cking BRUTAL.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He's a lot like Favre. Lives and dies by gunslinging. But hey, lots of hall of famers threw ints.

What? 

Lives and dies by gunslinging? Sam cant even standing in the pocket and throw the football with confidence. Every pass is with him drifting away. 

Favre wasnt doing that. Favre stood tall. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

When you're so concerned about creating a QB controversy that you're willing to shell out 10 million to McCown in order for him to mentor Sam instead of being a competitor, while at the same time talking about not wanting to "waste cap space", though Bridgewater is making 7.5 million this year in N.O. 

Poor logic and a poor way to build a team. The team's results support my statement. 

Agreed man. It’s just not a terrible as many other decisions is all that I’m saying. Sam is not looking good though so this decision is being amplified. 

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Sams a baller when protected .. sooner we can clean the Oline pressure issues The sooner we can clean up his turnover issues .

there is NEVER GOING TO NO/ZERO PRESSURE. 

He sucks under pressure.

All NFL QBs have to deal with it. YOu want to win a playoff game in the next 3 years, or GET to the playoffs?

You have to play good Ds. Good D's put you under pressure.

YES, HE HAS TO DEAL WITH IT TOO MUCH.

• Thumb Down 2

Question about the INT
In the middle of work. Catching glimpses 
Fox replay is terrible or non existent 
But from the quick glimpse I got was there an underneath receiver that pulled his arms down thinking the ball was intended deeper? Did I see that right? Could this have been the intended target?
Yes, you're seeing it correctly. Crowder actually whiffed on the ball. Still think Sam should have just chucked in into the ground, though.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

What? 

Lives and dies by gunslinging? Sam cant even standing in the pocket and throw the football with confidence. Every pass is with him drifting away. 

Favre wasnt doing that. Favre stood tall. 

Ohhhh, like the 2 TD passes today? I guess he "willed" those into the endzone. Lol you guys kill me sometimes.

Happy to have Sam and I know he will grow and will improve with time, he is still so young.
Yet ,remembering two years ago hoping the Jets would draft D. Watson who was sitting there for the taking. Also remembering so many people saying he just was not a good QB. With myself and others saying he was a natural and more importantly a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Agreed man. It’s just not a terrible as many other decisions is all that I’m saying. Sam is not looking good though so this decision is being amplified. 

It is just as terrible IMO, especially when we we continue with the notion of how the QB is the most important position in the league. 

You dont trade a competent QB because you drafted a QB, especially when as a franchise it's been hard to find a competent QB. 

Even if Sam didnt look like sh*t, the fact that if he gets injured or kisses on dirty women you will need someone to come in and be able to play. 

New Orleans even understands that and they have arguably the best QB to ever play. 

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He’s nothing like Favre. 

Last year  “he was like Peyton” because of all the ints in his rookie year.

Now it’s Favre? Lol. Brett had a rifle arm and he would try to make an impossibly hard throw by firing it into a tiny window. Sam is just dumb, and has poor mechanics. Always did.

How many jets games do you actually watch? You come off like a guy who reads a lot of box scores. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

He sucks under pressure.

He's 22. So, growth possible.

And he has the arm and legs necessary to succeed. 

So, I'm willing to wait and see. I'm not going to get too frustrated with him.

I won't promise not to get frustrated opinions that don't acknowledge his shortcomings.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

there is NEVER GOING TO NO/ZERO PRESSURE. 

He sucks under pressure.

All NFL QBs have to deal with it. YOu want to win a playoff game in the next 3 years, or GET to the playoffs?

You have to play good Ds. Good D's put you under pressure.

YES, HE HAS TO DEAL WITH IT TOO MUCH.

True but Sam is running for his life 90 percent of the time.  Look i agree he needs to stop throwing those type of throws but the kid is still young, dealt with injuries/sickness this year and has a coach who sucks. Once they fix the oline his turnovers will decrease.  He still needs to fix his decisions but a better oline will help tremendously