Maxman

### Jets \ Redskins -- The Official Game Thread ###

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m hindsight yes. It was a calculated gamble to say we are committing to our young QB, do not want a QB controversy and do not want to waste cap space paying Bridgewater since he was going to be a FA. We found more value in adding a top 100 draft pick to hopefully help support Sam. I can’t kill the rationale even though I hate Mac and would love to bash him.

I hate bad decisions/draft picks based on what’s known at the time that decision is made. I don’t like to play the hindsight game to this degree. I do agree I’d much rather we kept Bridgewater. 

When you're so concerned about creating a QB controversy that you're willing to shell out 10 million to McCown in order for him to mentor Sam instead of being a competitor, while at the same time talking about not wanting to "waste cap space", though Bridgewater is making 7.5 million this year in N.O. 

Poor logic and a poor way to build a team. The team's results support my statement. 

• Butt Fumble 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He’s nothing like Favre. 

Last year  “he was like Peyton” because of all the ints in his rookie year.

Now it’s Favre? Lol. Brett had a rifle arm and he would try to make an impossibly hard throw by firing it into a tiny window. Sam is just dumb, and has poor mechanics. Always did.

You might want to change your username then if that’s how you feel.

it’s reflecting like an image in a puddle.

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

This is an awesome game. 

Just wait til the Bengals game....all the good teams brother all the winners among us...

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He made a one bad mistake. Besides that he is moving the offense

TWO, actually, he fumbled as well. And it's not that he had an INT, it's the type of INT that he has had.

But, you do make a good point, he IS moving the offense...

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Sams a baller when protected .. sooner we can clean the Oline pressure issues The sooner we can clean up his turnover issues .

I can't remember being more infuriated by a QB on a play by play basis. When he's on, he's ON.  When he makes a mistake, it's f*cking BRUTAL.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He's a lot like Favre. Lives and dies by gunslinging. But hey, lots of hall of famers threw ints.

What? 

Lives and dies by gunslinging? Sam cant even standing in the pocket and throw the football with confidence. Every pass is with him drifting away. 

Favre wasnt doing that. Favre stood tall. 

• Butt Fumble 1

3 minutes ago, Welp said:

Some of the usual suspects here just can’t wait to jump in when Darnold makes a mistake

We get to do a lot of jumping though, don’t we?

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Question about the INT

In the middle of work. Catching glimpses 

Fox replay is terrible or non existent 

But from the quick glimpse I got was there an underneath receiver that pulled his arms down thinking the ball was intended deeper? Did I see that right? Could this have been the intended target?

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

3rd and 10? Run it

Shows a tremendous trust in his QB

• Haha 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

When you're so concerned about creating a QB controversy that you're willing to shell out 10 million to McCown in order for him to mentor Sam instead of being a competitor, while at the same time talking about not wanting to "waste cap space", though Bridgewater is making 7.5 million this year in N.O. 

Poor logic and a poor way to build a team. The team's results support my statement. 

Agreed man. It’s just not a terrible as many other decisions is all that I’m saying. Sam is not looking good though so this decision is being amplified. 

It’s 3rd and 20 you punt it and let our D go dominate like they’ve been doing all game

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Sams a baller when protected .. sooner we can clean the Oline pressure issues The sooner we can clean up his turnover issues .

there is NEVER GOING TO NO/ZERO PRESSURE. 

He sucks under pressure.

All NFL QBs have to deal with it. YOu want to win a playoff game in the next 3 years, or GET to the playoffs?

You have to play good Ds. Good D's put you under pressure.

YES, HE HAS TO DEAL WITH IT TOO MUCH.

• Butt Fumble 2

Just now, 14 in Green said:

We get to do a lot of jumping though, don’t we?

You sure stay quiet when he was doing well earlier

Just now, Welp said:

It’s 3rd and 20 you punt it and let our D go dominate like they’ve been doing all game

Or show some faith in your QB

• Upvote 1

Question about the INT
In the middle of work. Catching glimpses 
Fox replay is terrible or non existent 
But from the quick glimpse I got was there an underneath receiver that pulled his arms down thinking the ball was intended deeper? Did I see that right? Could this have been the intended target?
Yes, you're seeing it correctly. Crowder actually whiffed on the ball. Still think Sam should have just chucked in into the ground, though.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

What? 

Lives and dies by gunslinging? Sam cant even standing in the pocket and throw the football with confidence. Every pass is with him drifting away. 

Favre had an OL.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

What? 

Ohhhh, like the 2 TD passes today? I guess he "willed" those into the endzone. Lol you guys kill me sometimes.

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

closing in on Quincy Enunwa's career total. 

ooooooooooooooo      bitchslap!!!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

2 yards and a cloud of dust with a 3rd and 20.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nothing wrong with that. Why risk a turnover ? The Redskins haven’t scored a TD this month. 

Happy to have Sam and I know he will grow and will improve with time, he is still so young.
Yet ,remembering two years ago hoping the Jets would draft D. Watson who was sitting there for the taking. Also remembering so many people saying he just was not a good QB. With myself and others saying he was a natural and more importantly a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Redskins are terrible.

Darnold does so much good but has some seriously bad habits already. The line brings these issues out more but he doesn't help himself. I still think in the right situation he will be at worst a pretty good QB. We need him to be better.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Agreed man. It’s just not a terrible as many other decisions is all that I’m saying. Sam is not looking good though so this decision is being amplified. 

It is just as terrible IMO, especially when we we continue with the notion of how the QB is the most important position in the league. 

You dont trade a competent QB because you drafted a QB, especially when as a franchise it's been hard to find a competent QB. 

Even if Sam didnt look like sh*t, the fact that if he gets injured or kisses on dirty women you will need someone to come in and be able to play. 

New Orleans even understands that and they have arguably the best QB to ever play. 

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He’s nothing like Favre. 

Last year  “he was like Peyton” because of all the ints in his rookie year.

Now it’s Favre? Lol. Brett had a rifle arm and he would try to make an impossibly hard throw by firing it into a tiny window. Sam is just dumb, and has poor mechanics. Always did.

How many jets games do you actually watch? You come off like a guy who reads a lot of box scores. 

• Upvote 1