### Jets \ Redskins -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

He's 22. So, growth possible.

And he has the arm and legs necessary to succeed. 

So, I'm willing to wait and see. I'm not going to get too frustrated with him.

I won't promise not to get frustrated opinions that don't acknowledge his shortcomings.

Unfortunately, that reasoning is the reason why it’s going to take the Jets at least another year to face the fact that Darnold is not a franchise QB. That’s the way they operate. Heck, it might even be two years before they move on. 

It’s clear to me now that it doesn’t matter that he’s 22 years old. We can’t rewire his brain, and the sad fact is that there’s a defect in there that causes him to short circuit in high-pressure situations a lot of times. I’m now watching Jets games not wondering if Darnold is going to throw a boneheaded interception; I’m sitting there knowing it’s going to happen eventually. 

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well it’s not as terrible to me because the bigger issue is that you don’t destroy the offense and OL before bringing in a rookie QB or even a FA QB like Bridgewater. Our team was ruined right before finding a QB or 2 with Darnold and Bridgewater. I’m not nearly as upset about losing Bridgewater as I am about the systematic destruction of the already bad roster that Big Mac inherited. This is like the 20th worst thing on my list haha. 

Bridgewater was already here, and it didnt require trading Bridgewater in order to build the offensive line. 

Maybe if we didnt draft Quinnen Williams and Jachai Polite we could have invested into the Oline. 

However, front offices that would trade their best QB for an unknown rookie, would also ignore the Oline with their top picks even though knowing the problems. 

Jetsy all the way around. 

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

Not sure it would be the same playing a good team team or defense 

Skins got the ball twice in the red zone and got 3 points 

Good teams would have made them pay 

There were defenders on both those Griffin plays that weren’t even bothering to try. Skins have completely mailed it in, which is awesome because **** those guys and that ludicrous fanbase.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Agree with this. The good thing about Sam is that aside from the puzzling throw here and there he generally plays a good game. Not like Sanchez and Geno who would just look lost for stretches at a time. Still haven't lost any faith in his long term outlook.

If the Jets had the same personnel as Sanchez and Geno, the same fate would await Darnold.

Darnold's ok. He's not limited in the talent department. But two turnovers in one half is not acceptable and against a good defense would mean the Jets behind...

Please, if Sanchez or Geno made the bonehead throws Darnolds makes routinely, you'd have zero "faith in his long term outlook".

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Unfortunately, that reasoning is the reason why it’s going to take the Jets at least another year to face the fact that Darnold is not a franchise QB. That’s the way they operate. Heck, it might even be two years before they move on. 

It’s clear to me now that it doesn’t matter that he’s 22 years old. We can’t rewire his brain, and the sad fact is that there’s a defect in there that causes him to short circuit in high-pressure situations a lot of times. I’m now watching Jets games not wondering if Darnold is going to throw a boneheaded interception; I’m sitting there knowing it’s going to happen eventually. 

Rainman over here lol

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Bridgewater was already here, and it didnt require trading Bridgewater in order to build the offensive line. 

Maybe if we didnt draft Quinnen Williams and Jachai Polite we could have invested into the Oline. 

However, front offices that would trade their best QB for an unknown rookie, would also ignore the Oline with their top picks even though knowing the problems. 

Jetsy all the way around. 

I was referring to prior to getting Bridgewater. It was a great FA signing but the moves in the year prior were way more of a blunder than trading him in my opinion is all. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I was referring to prior to getting Bridgewater. It was a great FA signing but the moves in the year prior were way more of a blunder than trading him in my opinion is all. 

Okay, but my point still stands though. 

Also, when you need a QB as well then you dont disregard the opportunity to get Bridgewater because you dont have an Oline or offensvie weapons. Afterall, you still need a QB when what you're dealing with is Geno, Petty, Hack, Fitz and McCown. 

Just now, Losmeister said:

How would you describe the coverage of the D of the Skins?

A guy not within 15 yds on the TE?

I get it you have given up on Sam.  I find it ridiculous but it’s your right I guess.  Can you at least wait until he has a better OLINE and is healthier next year.  If he still is as bad as you think they we will move on. Fair?