Maxman

### Jets \ Redskins -- The Official Game Thread ###

Sam happy feet darnold still has a lot to prove, im saying this again don't fool yourself over meaningless games against the worst teams in the league

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yeah I get it. I was just telling you my opinion that it’s not as bad as other CRIPPLING moves. I’m not arguing opinions with you. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. I agree with your points for the most part. 

Could you provide me an example of one of these bigger  "crippling moves", because what Im looking at is a crippling team that has issues at every position outside of the position JamAll-Pro Adams plays. 

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s also playing against sh*tty teams at the moment 

YOU WERE HORRIFICALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH A LOSS AT MIAMI.

SO YOU MUST BE TREMENDOUSLY THRILLED WITH A WIN AT WASHINGTON.

CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Skins are bad. But the Jets are  doing the job today. And the defense managed to limit the damage for 2 disasterous turnovers to only 3 points. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

ADAM GASE HAVING A GREAT GAME.

TEAM PREPARED.

OFFENSE HUMMING.

DEFENSE PLAYING WITH HEART.

ALL WITH A RAGTAG INJURED ROSTER.

A+++

SAR I

The anti Gase plane fired the team up and they’re playing great!

• Haha 1

Just now, Guilhermezmc said:

Sam happy feet darnold still has a lot to prove, im saying this again don't fool yourself over meaningless games against the worst teams in the league

True.  He should only be measured against the best teams in the league that completely over match the Jets.  Excellent point.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Dallas?

Thi sis part of the problem. People select a few plays or a few games..and say THAT IS THE REAL SAM DARNOLD.

The bad sam is just excused. 

I did that with the former #14

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hello. Adam Gase is 3-1, convincingly, with his starting left tackle and quarterback as head coach of the New York Jets. Resounding ass-kicking at that. 

How about Jamal Adams?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Y3k said:

T

The redskins defense Is good you hack 

Sorry nico.

You’re right. They’re awesome.

As I said, Sammy is playing great. Sit back and enjoy...

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

ADAM GASE HAVING A GREAT GAME.

TEAM PREPARED.

OFFENSE HUMMING.

DEFENSE PLAYING WITH HEART.

ALL WITH A RAGTAG INJURED ROSTER.

A+++

SAR I

It's undeniable that the team has been playing much more inspired football since the "Fire Gase Now" plane.  Another game ball for NYSF Magazine if they keep this up in the 2nd half.  Glad to see you're finally coming around on this.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I would agree with this more if he didn't shred the Cowboys. 

He has the arm talent to make throws against any defense. They have to get him a better OL and another really good WR. 

He's probably always going to be a guy who makes a lot of mistakes. Plenty of good to great QBs have been mistake prone. 

The Favre comparison makes sense, but I see Sam as a bigger/stronger version of Romo 

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

How about Jamal Adams?

You mean the guy who is responsible for global warming, cancer and sick puppies all over the world?  You know if we trade him, all those bad things will instantly go away.  True fact.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

Thi sis part of the problem. People select a few plays or a few games..and say THAT IS THE REAL SAM DARNOLD.

The bad sam is just excused. 

I did that with the former #14

When did I ever say Sam is excused?  When did I ever say he was a finished product?  I’ve been very fair.  I said he has things he has to clean up. However it’s not as simple as “he just sucks. “. It’s not an excuse to say our oline is one of if not the worst in football.  Not blaming all his mistakes on th OL but it certainly makes it harder.  Also who knows how healthy he is. Mono, the toe, the thumb

• Thumb Down 1

Overall Sam is doing well. I see a 22 yr old making 22 yr old mistakes.......but those 3 TD's sure look good. Even if it is against a horrible team like this. Give the kid a break. When you were 22 most of you were whacking it to the Sims.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I would agree with this more if he didn't shred the Cowboys. 

He has the arm talent to make throws against any defense. They have to get him a better OL and another really good WR. 

He's probably always going to be a guy who makes a lot of mistakes. Plenty of good to great QBs have been mistake prone. 

The Favre comparison makes sense, but I see Sam as a bigger/stronger version of Romo 

Right now, he definitely draws the Favre comparison for me.  And I'm okay with that.  A good team can be great with a Favre-type QB.  I really just want two things.  A QB who can make a good team great.  And a good team around him.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Overall Sam is doing well. I see a 22 yr old making 22 yr old mistakes.......but those 3 TD's sure look good. Even if it is against a horrible team like this. Give the kid a break. When you were 22 most of you were whacking it to the Sims.

Agreed.  Good Post.  

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

is Q WIlliams playing today?

He is not on the stat sheet

Who

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Skins are bad. But the Jets are  doing the job today. And the defense managed to limit the damage for 2 disasterous turnovers to only 3 points. 

Exactly. People downplay our performance against a bad team as if we aren't just as bad. Success has to start somewhere.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You mean the guy who is responsible for global warming, cancer and sick puppies all over the world?  You know if we trade him, all those bad things will instantly go away.  True fact.

Think Haskins could be a very good QB, but with this cast and the unfolding daily disaster that is the SKIns, won't be easy. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hello. Adam Gase is 3-1, convincingly, with his starting left tackle and quarterback as head coach of the New York Jets. Resounding ass-kicking at that. 

and you doubted me when I told you that at 100% this was a #playoff roster.

• Haha 1