Jump to content
Maxman

### Jets \ Redskins -- The Official Game Thread ###

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I guess I just don’t understand why you’re lukewarm at best on Darnold but completely sold on a guy like Mayfield.

Because he’s a troll. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I guess I just don’t understand why you’re lukewarm at best on Darnold but completely sold on a guy like Mayfield who has the likes of OBJ, Landry, Chubb, Hunt, etc at his disposal.

Meanwhile Darnold is surrounded by arguably the worst OL in the league and his top targets in the passing game are Jamison Crowder and a 30 year old journeyman TE.

Because he’s a Giants fan here to troll? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick observation: the Jets, Gase, and Darnold play their best game of the season, and within ten minutes of the game ending the top three posts on JN are about Gronk, Matt Stafford, and the Pats/Eagles game. Interesting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The eye test is undefeated 

Remember when the Apollo 13 astronauts didn’t need a computer to get back to Earth? All they needed was to look at their simplistic Omega Speedmasters and they were fine. Instrumentation is so overrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Quick observation: the Jets, Gase, and Darnold play their best game of the season, and within ten minutes of the game ending the top three posts on JN are about Gronk, Matt Stafford, and the Pats/Eagles game. Interesting 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

And “marginal” at best is ALL he has had his entire short career.

Kid has tons of talent, I’m not being a homer I was worried about Mark Sanchez as QB from the very first snap I saw him take, I got sad the second I realized that Oakland had exposed Pennington’s limitations in that play off game and knew it was a waste of time to have him play the rest of his Jet career, never have felt that way about Darnold...because he has NO limitations and he is dangerous from anywhere on the field.

The more the Offense is upgraded around Darnold the quicker the doomsayers are going to go away.

Point of comparison this very day; Haskins. Kid was running for his life behind a terrible OL. Being on such  bad team in a terrible coaching and ownership situation never helps. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Point of comparison this very day; Haskins. Kid was running for his life behind a terrible OL. Being on such  bad team in a terrible coaching and ownership situation never helps. 

Brady has his backup left tackle in (who’s been in the league forever) and Brady looks like Luke Falk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Remember when the Apollo 13 astronauts didn’t need a computer to get back to Earth? All they needed was to look at their simplistic Omega Speedmasters and they were fine. Instrumentation is so overrated. 

Remember when John Rambo took out a whole joint regiment of Vietnamese and Russian troops with a k-bar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when John Rambo took out a whole joint regiment of Vietnamese and Russian troops with a k-bar

Remember when Louden Swain, against all odds, pinned Schute. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Thor99 said:

Remember when Louden Swain, against all odds, pinned Schute. 

It changed the entire course of my life, sir 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Darnold is very good when he has even marginal protection. @RutgersJetFan and @Miss Lonelyhearts should be ashamed 

Darnold got mono. Darnold saw ghosts. Darnold is dead last in DVOA.

Darnold threw for almost 300 yards. Darnold won consecutive games for the second time in his career. Miss Lonelyhearts is ashamed.

This is how it happens. Every ******* time this is how it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Quick observation: the Jets, Gase, and Darnold play their best game of the season, and within ten minutes of the game ending the top three posts on JN are about Gronk, Matt Stafford, and the Pats/Eagles game. Interesting 

They just sold candy from a baby basically. Yay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They just sold candy from a baby basically. Yay?

The Skins are really a bad team top to bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

The Skins are really a bad team top to bottom. 

Well yeah. They haven’t score in like 14 quarters and their rookie QB threw two TDS against us . Kinda my take away 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

A 5 TD day for Darnold would be pretty cool

It will come. Several times in his career after the college offensive line is corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnold has a good game vs a bad defense, he is consistent vs bad teams, I think he can develop and will be very good once he has an NFL OL

Haskins also showed he can play in the NFL - only his 2nd start with a few drops and the great long ball called back on holding... kid can throw the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Darnold got mono. Darnold saw ghosts. Darnold is dead last in DVOA.

Darnold threw for almost 300 yards. Darnold won consecutive games for the second time in his career. Miss Lonelyhearts is ashamed.

This is how it happens. Every ******* time this is how it happens.

I just want you to know that I’m hearing Zack de la Rocha singing these words like they’re the bonus fifth verse of Killing In The Name

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just want you to know that I’m hearing Zack de la Rocha singing these words like they’re the bonus fifth verse of Killing In The Name

That's weird. I wrote it for more of a James Earl Jones. Or Keanu.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Unfortunately, that reasoning is the reason why it’s going to take the Jets at least another year to face the fact that Darnold is not a franchise QB. That’s the way they operate. Heck, it might even be two years before they move on. 
 

It’s clear to me now that it doesn’t matter that he’s 22 years old. We can’t rewire his brain, and the sad fact is that there’s a defect in there that causes him to short circuit in high-pressure situations a lot of times. I’m now watching Jets games not wondering if Darnold is going to throw a boneheaded interception; I’m sitting there knowing it’s going to happen eventually. 

So, based solely on your gut, the Jets should abandon their Franchise QB? Please...It's clear to you, huh? In your mind, if someone is less than perfect, they can't grow. Well, that's just your misery coming out. People CAN and DO grow...on other teams.

You know why that doesn't happen here? Why players don't grow and yet perform excellently on other teams? Because the Jets don't develop players. If anyone should be able to succeed at QB for the Jets, it's Sam Darnold. Unlike Sanchez and Pennington, Darnold actually has the physical skills to succeed.

Yes, he's made some stupid mistakes. But take yourself back to being 22. Didn't you make mistakes that stem from a lack of maturity. He can learn from these because they are so ridiculous.

All these QB prospects have the same tools and shortcomings. it's up to the team to coach the deficiencies out of them. Not to abandon them in their second season, like, apparently, fans like you are so quick to do.

It's mind-boggling this fan base:

many don't even acknowledge that the kid makes stupid mistakes and the other half believes that if at first you don't succeed, F*ck it, give up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Newjetsfan said:

Two?  He returns kicks?

Sorry, forgot the OL recovered the fumble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

So, based solely on your gut, the Jets should abandon their Franchise QB? Please...It's clear to you, huh? In your mind, if someone is less than perfect, they can't grow. Well, that's just your misery coming out. People CAN and DO grow...on other teams.

You know why that doesn't happen here? Why players don't grow and yet perform excellently on other teams? Because the Jets don't develop players. If anyone should be able to succeed at QB for the Jets, it's Sam Darnold. Unlike Sanchez and Pennington, Darnold actually has the physical skills to succeed.

Yes, he's made some stupid mistakes. But take yourself back to being 22. Didn't you make mistakes that stem from a lack of maturity. He can learn from these because they are so ridiculous.

All these QB prospects have the same tools and shortcomings. it's up to the team to coach the deficiencies out of them. Not to abandon them in their second season, like, apparently, fans like you are so quick to do.

It's mind-boggling this fan base:

many don't even acknowledge that the kid makes stupid mistakes and the other half believes that if at first you don't succeed, F*ck it, give up...

OH THE FEELS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when John Rambo took out a whole joint regiment of Vietnamese and Russian troops with a k-bar

Pepperidge Farm remembers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Darnold got mono. Darnold saw ghosts. Darnold is dead last in DVOA.

Darnold threw for almost 300 yards. Darnold won consecutive games for the second time in his career. Miss Lonelyhearts is ashamed.

This is how it happens. Every ******* time this is how it happens.

Groundhog’s Day 2, in which Phil has to relive the Dropped Interceptions Debate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 1:45 AM, Maxman said:

The Jets look to start the first winning streak of the year. 3 and 7 sounds better than 2 and 8. They need to beat up on the Skins and their young QB.

Neville Hewitt should be back which will help the Defense out. Should be lots of blitzing to rattle the kid.

Can today be the day they find a way to get Bell going? 100 yards on the ground anyone? Has to happen at some point.

Let's go Jets!

Good job Sullivan! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when John Rambo took out a whole joint regiment of Vietnamese and Russian troops with a k-bar

Didn’t he also have bow and arrows with exploding tips he got out of nowhere? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Darnold has a good game vs a bad defense, he is consistent vs bad teams, I think he can develop and will be very good once he has an NFL OL

Haskins also showed he can play in the NFL - only his 2nd start with a few drops and the great long ball called back on holding... kid can throw the ball

Haskins obviously doesn’t know the foreskins playbook.  He is talented.  The right coach can make him good

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...