The non-controversial, not-the-place-to-snowflake, Jets are doing their due diligence on Kaepernick thread

T0mShane

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Except he was At-Best a back-up QB before all of this started.  There's no reason to think that statement was anything less than the truth.

How long has it been since he's taken a snap?  He wasn't that great to begin with;what makes people think he'd be relevant now?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I know this thread will be locked in roughly two hours because of snowflake implosion, but I think the Jets committing this level of due diligence to Kaepernick is a huge story. I’d imagine the math comes down to the net fiscal loss of Angry Ronalds from Poughquag vs. the nine billion Jets Kaepernick jerseys that would be sold all over the planet within the first 24 hours. 

Administrators can you please locked this social justice thread now instead of the two hours.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, freestater said:

We're the worst place for Kaep. We have a Young quarterback who is prone to streaks of turnovers. As soon as Sam struggled in a game Kaep's legion of followers would start chanting for him to start. It would make the Tebow circus look tame

Seriously 

Why the hell do so many ignore this aspect?

If you’re a team like the Jets or Browns you stay away completely.

If it’s someone like Miami or Chicago who clearly doesn’t have a longterm solution at the position, then whatever.

But you sure as hell don’t bring him here.

• Upvote 1

So sick of hearing about this assclown.

I mean who the f**k is C***n K*******k anyway?  Some world leader? Someone who is helping cure cancer? Someone who is actually taking a walk through the ghetto and projects, seeing what really goes on (not what the media tells us to think goes on) and then standing on a cause? No, he is an also ran football player who was never that good to begin with, looking to keep himself relevant. He has a band of psychophants following him around which makes those losers feel important.

Give me a break already with this absolute nonsense. Moron Goodell has a lot more important things to worry about such as guys swinging helmets at each others heads, the games becoming unwatchable because of too much &/or incompetent officiating, and the impending work stoppage that will surely happen after next season.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Administrators can you please locked this social justice thread now instead of the two hours.

Actually I think it's gone better than anyone could have predicted. I'm no fan of Kaep's by any measure but I know how be objective when it comes to a subject that is as controversial as this one is. The guy is news whether we like it or not and this is a subject with emotion best left out of it.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Serious question, if he signs with someone, does he give his settlement money back to the NFL?

Why would he? The settlement was for claims of prior acts. What you suggest is like settling a car wreck claim and then having to give the money back because you drove somewhere and the same person didn't drive into you a second time.

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously 

Why the hell do so many ignore this aspect?

If you’re a team like the Jets or Browns you stay away completely.

If it’s someone like Miami or Chicago who clearly doesn’t have a longterm solution at the position, then whatever.

But you sure as hell don’t bring him here.

Unless you're resigned to completely give up on Darnold. 🤷‍♂️

So the real lesson here is this must officially mean we all agree that Adams is awesome and that Gase sucks so the only thing left to trigger the board is Kaepernick?

really poor form to do it on Game  day tho 

super poor form considering max prelocked his own thread 

Kaepernick thanks scouts from Washington, New York Jets and Kansas City and says: “When you go back, tell your owners to stop being scared.”

How can the owners not be scared when they hear about the Kunta Kinte t-shirt?  Obviously the whole shirt thing was calculated, not just a case of throwing on the next shirt in the rotation.  Trying to subtly paint the narrative with himself as a slave and the NFL/owners as oppressors seems like a self sabotaging move.  IMO, maybe this millionaire should consider that the comparison trivializes the horrors that actual slaves had to endure.    

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Kaepernick is his own worst enemy and toxic to any billion $ NFL franchise. I’m not even sure he wants to play football anymore...I think he just wanted a platform to perform some practice throws, so when he continues to be ignored by NFL franchises (which he will be IMO) he can continue his current gig of ‘I’m being suppressed’. 

He would be an upgrade, but he is a dope that brings  his circus tent with him. Had 3 solid contract offers -Seahawks, Broncos and ravens-and screwed each up. The Ravens one was especially messed up; he was in line to be their starter until his moron SJW chick posted social media suggesting Ray Lewis was Steve Bisciotti's slave. 

Objectively a bit hard to take a Social Justice Warrior seriously when he doesn't vote, or do much more than run his thus far ignorant mouth.But I supposes it's been a great marketing campaign for Nike. In retrospect, a lot of the rap music attacking cops way back was much the same thing. It's show business. Ice Cube is now doing Disney family movies and Iced T plays a cop on some Law and Order show.   The flag and the anthem is about the whole country and those who have sacrificed for it, not who ever is sitting in the White House. It's a very small thing to ask any player to simply be respectful. 

Again, physically he would be an upgrade as the backup QB  here and many teams. If he was a superior starter you would do it in a  second. But for a backup, nobody wants or needs that headache. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

For what it's worth, Stephen A. Smith had an interesting take on all this. He believes that Kaep doesn't want to play, he just wants to be a martyr.

I agree fully.
It’s more lucrative for him to be a victim.

Imagine having a job interview after begging for a job and then telling the interviewer to come interview you at a place of your own choosing because you’re not interested in the parameters initially set for said interview
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Kaepernick thanks scouts from Washington, New York Jets and Kansas City and says: “When you go back, tell your owners to stop being scared.”

How can the owners not be scared when they hear about the Kunta Kinte t-shirt?  Obviously the whole shirt thing was calculated, not just a case of throwing on the next shirt in the rotation.  Trying to subtly paint the narrative with himself as a slave and the NFL/owners as oppressors seems like a self sabotaging move.  IMO, maybe this millionaire should consider that the comparison trivializes the horrors that actual slaves had to endure.    

Kunta Kinte never existed. Alex Haley made the whole thing up or "borrowed" it. Haley was a descendant of African slaves, but his book and then the miniseries (with OJ Simpson) was fiction. 

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Kunta Kinte never existed. Alex Haley made the whole thing up or "borrowed" it. Haley was a descendant of African slaves, but his book and then the miniseries (with OJ Simpson) was fiction. 

I know that it is fiction, but the symbolism is obvious. 

I always find it interesting that the people who claim Kaepernick wants to stay at war with the league never actually produce a quote where Kaepernick even implies he wants to be at war with the league. I saw a prevalent take yesterday where Kaepernick was criticized for moving the workout after the league was going to restrict media access as “here we go again,” but can you blame him? The league then released a statement implying that they were doing Kaepernick a tremendous favor with the workout, then later released four blind quotes from “scouts” saying his arm was fine, his accuracy was bad, and that he’s, at best, a backup. Kaepernick was supposed to trust Roger Goodell to disseminate an objective report card on the workout? The same guy who literally burned evidence of the Patriots stealing Super Bowls?

Ummm, dude wore a Kunta Kinte T-shirt to the workout. You don’t think that was making a statement (war) against the league?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I know that it is fiction, but the symbolism is obvious. 

Marketing really. He and Nike want to keep his name out there. If he actually played and threw 4 INTs some not  fine day, he ceases being a marketing icon. Again, I think as  a backup, he would be an upgrade here and with many NFL teams. But he is not a no brainer #1 QB, and nobody needs a backup who needlessly pisses people off. Even if those people are overreacting, they are  customers.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Kaepernick is his own worst enemy and toxic to any billion $ NFL franchise. I’m not even sure he wants to play football anymore...I think he just wanted a platform to perform some practice throws, so when he continues to be ignored by NFL franchises (which he will be IMO) he can continue his current gig of ‘I’m being suppressed’. 

Any other player looking for a job wouldn't leave the interview by saying "go and tell your owners to stop being scared".  Not if they actually wanted a job.  He wants to be a victim of "the man".  The NFL kissed his ass and he cut a big fart right in the middle of it.

• Upvote 3

It’s astonishing how hypocritical “the left” (Kaepernick supporters) is. 

you are the snowflakes!
you are the ones crying about Kaepernick being suppressed. 

Forget the disrespectful and disgusting acts he did to this country.  He is full of sh*t. He is trying to stir up a storm. The league gave him a workout, just as it would to any player and he Found a way to make a fuss.

This is just him trying to protest again. He’s trying to market himself. Anyone buying into him is a fool. 
The argument isn’t whether he is good enough to play in the NFL. He is a jag, and there’s no reason to have a jag on your team with a Nike crew following them around promoting communism, when there are 50 other jag QBs to pick from who don’t 

the guy is the most selfish person out there and he preaches communism, as if he thinks he’s equal to everyone, and not bigger than everyone else. Proof in the pudding right here ( https://www.thebiglead.com/2014/01/13/colin-kaepernick-vs-russell-wilson-hilarious-comparison-of-their-instagram-accounts/ )
he has made millions from Nike and millions from the nfl (both his lawsuit and contracts).  He has made near $200m combined.  Yet, he is using the victim card, just like an average snowflake. 

My bet is he wouldn’t even sign with a team if offered, because he’d find something to bitch about in his contract. 
Please ship him off to Venezuela or Cuba and let him see what kind of social justice he gets there. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2