Sam Darnold isn’t broken.

Just now, HessStation said:

He’s def got the make up of a franchise Qb. Won’t know if elite until they give him an offense and the games mean something 

We saw two top 10 pick QBs on the field today. The gap between them is the size of the Grand Canyon- and Sam Darnold is younger.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Give this kid a good OL, and a dangerous weapon (sorry Bell & Robbie don’t seem to be featured in Gase’s offense) and he can be great.

Ever since the reports came out that Sam has taken a more direct involvement in game planning/play-calling, and a more vocal approach in practice and the huddle the offense has looked good. 

LOL are you actually trying to imply, that not only is Sam not a sh*tty QB (he is), but that he also is making the offense look better because he's over ruling gase?

Man these darnold knob slobbers are rediculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 19
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Y3k said:

We saw two top 10 pick QBs on the field today. The gap between them is the size of the Grand Canyon- and Sam Darnold is younger.

I know, Haskin's has a lot more talent, once he gets a team around him the differences will be even more apparent

• Thumb Down 17
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When Sam has time to throw and steps I it it I have a lot of confidence he's completing the pass. A lot. I am concerned about the fact that he seems to have a lot of dumbass in him. Just terrible decisions at the worst times. I know, he's 22.

Jury is still out. We need to protect him.

“Jury” is still out in the sense that he is 22 and has only played 18 games. However he’s shown more than enough good/special considering that lack of sample size to make him as sure of a thing as you can get with a QB this young/inexperienced.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Y3k said:

Umm... Haskins was drafted at 15.  And Haskins may turn out to be pretty good.  He has far less talent to work with than even Darnold at this point.  Although McLaurin looks pretty good.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Y3k said:

He was never close to broken. We live in a reactionary instant gratification society that lost their minds when they saw a young QB have a bad game on National TV while being micd up. Idiotic narratives are created out of thin air with little context. Sam Darnold will be an elite quarterback in this leuage. His ability is obvious to anyone with half a football brain. 

People who watch a lot of ESPN and idiot ms like Max Kellerman and Stephen A Smith like regurgitating nonsense soundbytes and short attention span tweets 

4 weeks ago Sam Darnold was worse than Ryan Leaf because of two bad games

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

When Sam has time to throw and steps into it I have a lot of confidence he's completing the pass. A lot. I am concerned about the fact that he seems to have a lot of dumbass in him. Just terrible decisions at the worst times. I know, he's 22.

Jury is still out. We need to protect him.

He will learn to eat those or throw  the ball at the receivers feet. 

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Umm... Haskins was drafted at 15.  And Haskins may turn out to be pretty good.  He has far less talent to work with than even Darnold at this point.  Although McLaurin looks pretty good.

Ok top 15 QBs- how does that in any way change the point? Haskins has an offensive line- no excuses. To imply that Darnold has anything but a bottom 5 supporting cast is laughable.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, funaz said:

I know, Haskin's has a lot more talent, once he gets a team around him the differences will be even more apparent

Redskins fans are yelling all day about how the kid has no idea what he’s looking at out there and they need to follow Arizona’s blueprint of dumping Rosen for Kyler.

I’m sure you know more about anything they have to say though. Like, I’m sure you keep up with the Redskins, Haskins, and all that before you made your very honest opinion of who is more talented. 

I mean, why wouldn’t you think before you post?

right? Amiright?

• Upvote 1

When he's good, he's really good. When he's bad, he's really bad. 

As time goes on, we will see more good and less bad. He's still younger than Dwayne Haskins and Daniel Jones, which is amazing. 

He has the chance to be a stud. At worst, he'll be the best QB we have had since . . . ?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Y3k said:

Ok top 15 QBs- how does that in any way change the point? Haskins has an offensive line- no excuses.

Did you see the Center snapping today?  Reminded me a lot of Spencer Long.  And how good is his offensive line if he was sacked 6 times today. 

You have a narrative you want to make true, but it's really not.  Haskins is a rookie who looks like he could be good with some experience and a better team.  Kind of like Sam last year.   He doesn't have to be bad for Sam to be good. 

• Upvote 1

Sam is finally recovering from mono which affected him even in game one vs the Bills. He was diagnosed after that game but I think it affected his play. Jets should have put him on IR and let him fully recover for eight weeks. The kid is a natural with skills that can't be taught.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1