Sam Darnold isn’t broken.

51 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Ah nico, nico, nico.

So it’s all downhill from here for Jackson, huh? Why can’t you just be happy. The Jets won and Sam played well.

Comparing Darnold to Jackson is silly right now. Lamar is an MVP candidate playing on a team with Super Bowls aspirations.

Jackson is shockingly a tremendous QB on a team built for him. Sam is finding his way on a team to literally built to kill the QB. Jackson is my favorite QB to watch right now 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's funny the over-reaction to beating up the only team in the NFL worse than us causes.

Amazing scenes.  Spectacular levels of fan flip-flopping.

I don’t think it’s a case of flipping per se, at least for most people. I can think of one person here who blows with the wind, but most don’t.

We all want Darnold to play well, he’s our QB. When he doesn’t, some of us will talk about why. Lately we’ve been the ones doing most of the talking.

Today Sam had a very good game, so those who are convinced nothing is ever his fault or who have a strong belief in him becoming an elite FQB, are getting their chance to finally chime in. 

The thing that amuses me is when we criticize him, they think we hate him, and we root against him.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Give this kid a good OL, and a dangerous weapon (sorry Bell & Robbie don’t seem to be featured in Gase’s offense) and he can be great.

Ever since the reports came out that Sam has taken a more direct involvement in game planning/play-calling, and a more vocal approach in practice and the huddle the offense has looked good. 

Yeah I don’t get why Bell is not featured, and I mean force fed type featured in the passing game, there should be a minimum of 10 pass plays designed to go to him.

seems to me like he is good enough to beat up on bad teams but when he face a good team or defense he cant handle the pressure and make bad throws .

even today he made those throws , other then the INT he passes the ball two more right to defenders but they could not catch it .

its all fun and games when you beat the Redskins and the Giants , lets see him play the Raiders(who are not good , just decent)  and the Ravens 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Oh jeez... The “spatial perception”, Romo thing is back.(you forgot about Watt after the Houston game)... next thing we know, you’ll be predicting a 5000 yard 45 TD season where we’d average 34 points a game.

Again. Just like you did for this year. ?

Yeah when Darnold gets an OL that’s going to happen.  And then you’ll go away.  The way you think, I guess Houston should draft a QB next year because of their game today?  When Gase makes ZERO adjustments to protect Darnold against Belichick’s #1 D and allows Darnold to be terrorized with .2 seconds to make a decision on EVERY play then you can write in stone “Darnold s*cks”

He’s 3-4 this year playing on one of the Bottom 3 teams talent wise in the NFL, you’ll admit putting those numbers up are tough to do in that situation (the 30+ points per game I projected, but that will happen)

If you expect a 22 year old to put this type of team on his shoulders EVERY week and carry it to Wins...that’s foolish.  But if you see him do it on occasion that actually is “good enough”, at this point.  He had Aaron Rodgers beat and he had Houston beat end of last year playing with a pure garbage unit along with Bowles D cratering to give the leads Darnold generated in games that should have been wins.

You could take a Mark Sanchez or a Pennington give them 100 years and you’d never see them throw 4 TDs in a game playing the worst team in the league.

If you refuse to acknowledge that Darnold has a ton of talent, but is still learning his craft at 22, it’s worthless trying to argue with you.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yeah when Darnold gets an OL that’s going to happen.  And then you’ll go away.  The way you think, I guess Houston should draft a QB next year because of their game today?  When Gase makes ZERO adjustments to protect Darnold against Belichick’s #1 D and allows Darnold to be terrorized with .2 seconds to make a decision on EVERY play then you can write in stone “Darnold s*cks”

He’s 3-4 this year playing on one of the Bottom 3 teams talent wise in the NFL, you’ll admit putting those numbers up are tough to do in that situation (the 30+ points per game I projected, but that will happen)

If you expect a 22 year old to put this type of team on his shoulders EVERY week and carry it to Wins...that’s foolish.  But if you see him do it on occasion that actually is “good enough”, at this point.  He had Aaron Rodgers beat and he had Houston beat end of last year playing with a pure garbage unit along with Bowles D cratering to give the leads Darnold generated in games that should have been wins.

You could take a Mark Sanchez or a Pennington give them 100 years and you’d never see them throw 4 TDs in a game playing the worst team in the league.

If you refuse to acknowledge that Darnold has a ton of talent, but is still learning his craft at 22, it’s worthless trying to argue with you.

First of all, I hope we aren’t arguing, I’d like to think we’re discussing. We aren’t 23 years old, and I like to think we’ve always gotten along despite different opinions on where Darnold is right now.

Now back to discussing, lol. I’ll start by saying I’ll be very happy if you turn out to be right about Sam, you and I have both been following this team a long time, we both want them to do well. So I won’t be “going away” if he becomes what you think he can. I’ll be as happy as you are.

To follow your logic, you’ll concede that Daniel Jones, who is the same age and plays behind as bad an OL, has less talent at WR on his team, is at the very least Darnold’s equal, correct?

He’s thrown 4 td passes without an int TWICE in his last three games, and even though he’s a rookie, he leads Darnold in every statistical category, I believe.

What do you predict for him going forward?

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

First of all, I hope we aren’t arguing, I’d like to think we’re discussing. We aren’t 23 years old, and I like to think we’ve always gotten along despite different opinions on where Darnold is right now.

Now back to discussing, lol.

So to follow your logic, you’ll concede that Daniel Jones, who is the same age and plays behind as bad an OL, has less talent at WR on his team, is at the very least Darnold’s equal, correct?

He’s thrown 4 td passes without an int in two of his last three games, and even though he’s a rookie, he leads Darnold in every statistical category, I believe.

What about Jackson and Allen, who are also having better seasons?

Anyone with eyes could see that Darnold outplayed Jones last week. You’d see it to If you know, you watched the games. Keep trolling old man. 

15 minutes ago, Y3k said:

Anyone with eyes could see that Darnold outplayed Jones last week. You’d see it to If you know, you watched the games. Keep trolling old man. 

Wasn’t talking to you, nico.

Be careful with the name calling, you don’t want to get banned again, do you? ?

26 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’ll start by saying I’ll be very happy if you turn out to be right about Sam, you and I have both been following this team a long time, we both want them to do well. So I won’t be “going away” if he becomes what you think he can. I’ll be as happy as you are.

Personally, I believe, no one deserves to enjoy the blossoming career of a QB they doubt left and right until the day they no longer have a reason to doubt. Idc if you been following the team for 70 years. You don’t deserve to enjoy something you sh*tted on this strongly for this long.

• Upvote 1

Any fan that understands the NFL game can not look at Darnold and think he doesn't have what it takes to be a great NFL QB.  Calling him a bust is absurd.

In reality he had one very bad game against the Pats - which many, many QB's have had.

When given even a modicum of time he makes very good, accurate throws and mostly good decisions.  He's been behind the a awful O-line with virtually no running game.

Let's just hope Douglas knows we need to build OL and get him some weapons.  He's going to be a star.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Now back to discussing, lol. I’ll start by saying I’ll be very happy if you turn out to be right about Sam, you and I have both been following this team a long time, we both want them to do well. So I won’t be “going away” if he becomes what you think he can. I’ll be as happy as you are.

To follow your logic, you’ll concede that Daniel Jones, who is the same age and plays behind as bad an OL, has less talent at WR on his team, is at the very least Darnold’s equal, correct?

He’s thrown 4 td passes without an int TWICE in his last three games, and even though he’s a rookie, he leads Darnold in every statistical category, I believe.

If you think the giants line is anywhere near as bad as the jets, you’re delusional. If you think we have better WRs than they do, you’re equally delusional. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Personally, I believe, no one deserves to enjoy the blossoming career of a QB they doubt left and right until the day they no longer have a reason to doubt. Idc if you been following the team for 70 years. You don’t deserve to enjoy something you sh*tted on this strongly for this long.

How you personally feel about it? Is that supposed to matter to me?

I'm sorry I didn't realize a 21 year old guy on the internet gets to tell me what I can and can't do.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

How you personally feel about it? Is that supposed to matter to me?

I'm sorry I didn't realize a 21 year old guy on the internet gets to tell me what I can and can't do.

That’s how I personally feel about it, yes.

thats about has far as it goes. Obviously I cannot force you to feel a certain way unless you enjoy random drugs in your beverages.

have fun doing whatever you want accounting the fact I’m a 23 year old guy on the internet.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Daniel Jones will be a very good QB in this league. Been impressed with him. But the line comparison is asinine. Giants didn’t whine back on it.