Jump to content
Patriot Killa

Sam Darnold isn’t broken.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

MOMMY MOMMY THE MEAN PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET MAKE MY BOTTOM OUCHY

All I want for this team is a QB who doesn't need 600 explanations as to why despite his play and his stats, he is actually very good.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

What should concern Jets fans more is that he's #2 in INT%, with 4.3%.  Number 1 is Winston with 4.4%.  #3 is Mayfield with 3.5%, which is a pretty meaningful difference between 2 and 3.

That's a massive difference, almost a 25% increase in INT rate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

All I want for this team is a QB who doesn't need 600 explanations as to why despite his play and his stats, he is actually very good.

That's how we started our careers on Jets forums, if that ever happens we may lose our useful purpose 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CTM said:

That's how we started our careers on Jets forums, if that ever happens we may lose our useful purpose 

I root for my own irrelevance.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CTM said:

You don't find it funny that a Jet fan is critisizing Baker for stat padding against bad teams in a thread celebrating Darnold who just stat padded against 2 bad teams?

I sure as hell don't.  the fact that Sam can beat ANYBODY with that line and those "weapons" amazes me.  Griffin???  who?  Dan Brown?  didn't he write "The DaVinci Code" or "Inferno" or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I root for my own irrelevance.

What excuses this week though? He threw an ugly pick. Terrible throw. Dumb decision. Needs to learn when the play is dead. He threw it away two times afterwards. 4 touchdowns is cool too.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

What excuses this week though? He threw an ugly pick. Terrible throw. Dumb decision. Needs to learn when the play is dead. He threw it away two times afterwards. 4 touchdowns is cool too.

we gotta get rid of this bum!  TANK FOR TUA!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I sure as hell don't.  the fact that Sam can beat ANYBODY with that line and those "weapons" amazes me.  Griffin???  who?  Dan Brown?  didn't he write "The DaVinci Code" or "Inferno" or something?

There are a number of other NFL teams just as bad (or worse), just as talent deficient and injured as our NY Jets. 

Beating them is not a sign of greatness, especially after losing badly to other similar members of this group of failure franchises, like Miami.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Or you can say he threw 7 picks in 2 games and hasn’t thrown more than 0 or 1 in the other 5.  Maybe he just had 2 really bad games and you guys are a bunch of over dramatic dweebs? 

Remind me, was that your opinion the year Fitzpatrick throw all those INT's in one game, but was otherwise pretty good on turnovers the rest of the year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CTM said:

You don't find it funny that a Jet fan is critisizing Baker for stat padding against bad teams in a thread celebrating Darnold who just stat padded against 2 bad teams?

I wouldn’t say that Baker stat pads against bad teams, he just stat pads period.

He was having an awful game against the Luke Falk led Jets earlier this year, then he throws a little 5 yard dumpoff to OBJ and he takes it for 89 yards and a TD.

This kind of stuff routinely happens in the 4-5 Browns games I’ve watched this year.

Baker, with a clean pocket, dumps off to a wide open OBJ/Landry/Higgins coming across the middle and they rack up 30+ yards worth of YAC afterwards.

Darnold on the other hand hasn’t had that luxury. Despite some of his boneheaded turnovers, you see him routinely have to make big time throws outside the numbers from a crowded pocket just to give this offense any semblance of life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Remind me, was that your opinion the year Fitzpatrick throw all those INT's in one game, but was otherwise pretty good on turnovers the rest of the year?

Fitzpatrick was a 37 year old sh*tty turnover prone vet on his 17th team.  My opinion was he should have never been resigned and they should have gone ride or die with the kids...who tend to have bad games occasionally.  Especially on a bottom 5 roster in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

What excuses this week though? He threw an ugly pick. Terrible throw. Dumb decision. Needs to learn when the play is dead. He threw it away two times afterwards. 4 touchdowns is cool too.

As mentioned in the prior post, I’m willing to call it what it is, a solid game against the Redskins.  The pick was very bad, and not erased by the fact that he threw the ball away at other times.  And the solid play against the bad team wasn’t enough to move him further than .1% of INTs per throw off the league lead.  You’re right, there’s no reason to kill Darnold for this week, even though I see that pick as a bigger deal than you do, but no one is doing that.  There’s also no good reason to say there isn’t major cause for concern, which in fact, this thread, yourself and others, are doing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Or you can say he threw 7 picks in 2 games and hasn’t thrown more than 0 or 1 in the other 5.  Maybe he just had 2 really bad games and you guys are a bunch of over dramatic dweebs? 

Typically when you want to eliminate outliers, you take from both ends of the spectrum.  Not just the one that serves you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There are a number of other NFL teams just as bad (or worse), just as talent deficient and injured as our NY Jets. 

Beating them is not a sign of greatness, especially after losing badly to other similar members of this group of failure franchises, like Miami.

 

"greatness"???  who said anything about greatness?  holy crap  this has gotten out of control.  take Baker and Sam off their respective teams - the browns are head and shoulders better than the Jets (as presently constituted).

put Lamar on the Jets - he's in a coma in the hospital with our o-line

put Baker on the Jets - he's probably in jail for killing the Jets beat reporter for asking tough questions!

but in all seriousness, people have to relax.  Sam has 4 of 5 O-lineman out, his #1 WR out for year, his best TE out for year, and Bell cannot get 100 yards rushing (or 100 yards TOTAL) in a game.  Jets beating anyone is impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Typically when you want to eliminate outliers, you take from both ends of the spectrum.  Not just the one that serves you.

What serves me?  Im not try to prove anything or win an argument.  Simply pointed out all these interceptions you guys are bitching about came over a 2 game span and that you’re over dramatic dweebs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I wouldn’t say that Baker stat pads against bad teams, he just stat pads period.

He was having an awful game against the Luke Falk led Jets earlier this year, then he throws a little 5 yard dumpoff to OBJ and he takes it for 89 yards and a TD.

This kind of stuff routinely happens in the 4-5 Browns games I’ve watched this year.

Baker, with a clean pocket, dumps off to a wide open OBJ/Landry/Higgins coming across the middle and they rack up 30+ yards worth of YAC afterwards.

Darnold on the other hand hasn’t had that luxury. Despite some of his boneheaded turnovers, you see him routinely have to make big time throws outside the numbers from a crowded pocket just to give this offense any semblance of life.

Thank you

look at the TD throws Darnold has yesterday, all big time throws. Nothing is ever easy

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTM said:

The jets fan says in a thread crowing about Sam Darnold, just after padding his stats vs two bottom 5 teams 

Almost as funny as “jets fans” who argue looking good against those teams are meaningless.  As if quality throws aren’t obvious and aren’t quality against certain teams.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fitzpatrick was a 37 year old sh*tty turnover prone vet on his 17th team.  My opinion was he should have never been resigned and they should have gone ride or die with the kids...who tend to have bad games occasionally.  Especially on a bottom 5 roster in the league. 

Well, at least you now know exactly how wrong you were.  At least there is that.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As mentioned in the prior post, I’m willing to call it what it is, a solid game against the Redskins.  The pick was very bad, and not erased by the fact that he threw the ball away at other times.  And the solid play against the bad team wasn’t enough to move him further than .1% of INTs per throw off the league lead.  You’re right, there’s no reason to kill Darnold for this week, even though I see that pick as a bigger deal than you do, but no one is doing that.  There’s also no good reason to say there isn’t major cause for concern, which in fact, this thread, yourself and others, are doing.

Fair. 

But I will say, for as bad as the redskins are, their pass defense is a healthy #14th in the league. 

But agreed. It was just one game and it was against a 1-8 team. Oakland provides a much bigger test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Well, at least you now know exactly how wrong you were.  At least there is that.

I have no clue what you’re talking about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

"greatness"???  who said anything about greatness?  holy crap  this has gotten out of control.  take Baker and Sam off their respective teams - the browns are head and shoulders better than the Jets (as presently constituted).

put Lamar on the Jets - he's in a coma in the hospital with our o-line

put Baker on the Jets - he's probably in jail for killing the Jets beat reporter for asking tough questions!

but in all seriousness, people have to relax.  Sam has 4 of 5 O-lineman out, his #1 WR out for year, his best TE out for year, and Bell cannot get 100 yards rushing (or 100 yards TOTAL) in a game.  Jets beating anyone is impressive.

That's an awful lot of protectionism, excuse-making and fantasy theory-crafting here.  

Only thing you left out was the converse "if Darnold was on the Ravens he'd be 9-1, if he were on the Pats he'd be 10-0".

Darnold had a good game in what is, overall, a very poor year.  That is reality.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JiF said:

What serves me?  Im not try to prove anything or win an argument.  Simply pointed out all these interceptions you guys are bitching about came over a 2 game span and that you’re over dramatic dweebs.  

You’ve just taken the tags out of, and made a mess in your Sam Darnold boner pants, so you can’t take them back now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Fair. 

But I will say, for as bad as the redskins are, their pass defense is a healthy #14th in the league. 

But agreed. It was just one game and it was against a 1-8 team. Oakland provides a much bigger test.

Oakland is 27th in pass defense

Prior to playing the Bengals they were 30th.

Even if Darnold lights up Oakland, I can already see this being pointed to.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's an awful lot of protectionism, excuse-making and fantasy theory-crafting here.  

Only thing you left out was the converse "if Darnold was on the Ravens he'd be 9-1, if he were on the Pats he'd be 10-0".

Darnold had a good game in what is, overall, a very poor year.  That is reality.  

 

I'm not going to say 9-1 or 10-0, but he would be doing just fine on the Ravens.  and to even mention him and Brady in the same sentence is crazy.

reality?  yes, it is a poor year.  a lot of us thought they may have a shot of making the playoffs.  then Sam got mono, CJ got injured, we realized we had a terrible o-line with no depth, AND lost 4 of 5 of the guys on that line, oh yeah and Bell isn't Bell.  but sure, the first thing I thought this morning when I woke up after a 2nd straight Jets win was: "damn Sam sucks.  wish we had Baker"

that's it - you've convinced me.  we should get rid of Sam and tank for Tua!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Almost as funny as “jets fans” who argue looking good against those teams are meaningless.  As if quality throws aren’t obvious and aren’t quality against certain teams.  
 

My point is you can't have it both ways. You can't knock Baker for padding against bad teams in the same thread you are celebrating Darnold for doing just that. 

At this point in his career, of course it's good that he's played well no matter who the opponent. Just like a Cleveland fan would be happy with Baker playing well against bad teams. Neither guy is established enough to discount good games.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

MOMMY MOMMY THE MEAN PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET MAKE MY BOTTOM OUCHY

I wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I'm not going to say 9-1 or 10-0, but he would be doing just fine on the Ravens.

lol.

21 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

 that's it - you've convinced me.  we should get rid of Sam and tank for Tua!!

Riiiight, because that's my idea.  Lol.  Stop, you're killin' me here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

As mentioned in the prior post, I’m willing to call it what it is, a solid game against the Redskins.  The pick was very bad, and not erased by the fact that he threw the ball away at other times.  And the solid play against the bad team wasn’t enough to move him further than .1% of INTs per throw off the league lead.  You’re right, there’s no reason to kill Darnold for this week, even though I see that pick as a bigger deal than you do, but no one is doing that.  There’s also no good reason to say there isn’t major cause for concern, which in fact, this thread, yourself and others, are doing.

Quarterbacks throw picks and make dangerous throws every week. Even great ones. Is anyone talking about Garopollo's two picks yesterday? No. 4tds trump a single pick no matter how you slice it. Throw more tds then picks, that's the qb game(hopefully 3-1:). Was it a dangerous throw, sure. If Montgomery actually puts his hands up, it's probably not a pick. While I would like to see less picks, I also don't want a game manager either. You have to learn what you can and can't do. It takes time. There is certainly enough to build around. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DLJ said:


Sir, have you seen Lamar Jackson? Darnold can’t hold his jock.
 

Is that right? How would Lamar Jackson have done on the Jets this season?  

After 10 games L'veon Bell has a high of 70 yards rushing in a game and only 2 games with over 100 total yards ... let me guess, Bell can't hold [RUNNING BACK'S NAME HERE]'s jock? 

Or is Darnold so bad he's ruining his RBs?

The fact is simple - our OL has been an utter disaster. Sadly, starter Ryan Kalil's move to IR might have improved it. Think about that for a minute.  

Unfortunately for Sam D, he was drafted into a sh*tshow - and that hardly makes him unique, seems like more qbs than not start in a similar boat, but if you want to compare Darnold to QBs - don't start with Jackson. Start with Qbs, who later blossomed or not, who were drafted in poor situations.  

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's an awful lot of protectionism, excuse-making and fantasy theory-crafting here.  

Only thing you left out was the converse "if Darnold was on the Ravens he'd be 9-1, if he were on the Pats he'd be 10-0".

Darnold had a good game in what is, overall, a very poor year.  That is reality.  

 

Speaking of the converse, if Darnold was drafted by the Ravens - he'd be doing national TV commercials by now. 

Lamar was like Sanchez last year - team brought him to the playoffs (maybe not fair, he and the Ravens did grind their way to postseason) - where Lamar promptly shidded the bed.

But he had a team around him. Please name the QB that doesn't have a very poor year with the 2019 Jets?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Baker had a good season last year. Nice. This year Is absolutely inexcusable with the kind of supporting cast he has right now. He’s regressed and collectively as whole looked much worse than Darnold has looked this season. Last year’s stats do not add any value to this point.

Darnold has yet to have a "good year". 

 

Relax. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...