Jump to content

Recommended Posts

RG I stuck it to the Redskins today.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked him up in my fantasy league weeks ago...to fill in for when Hooper is out or a flex and he’s been awesome lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Somebodies trying to earn a contract. If the idea of keeping Gase around is to keep continuity then they need to spend a premium on anybody that works well with Sam within it. If Griffin keeps this up he'll get a relatively modest but earned second contract with NYJ.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gase seems to have a lot of nice plays for TEs. I like this guy. I wish Herndon was healthy, because we could have a really nice TE duo for years to come. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Turning out to be a big part of the offense this year. Very unexpected.

Several big games, good hands, Sam trusts him. A sneaky offensive MVP candidate for the Jets O. 

LOVE the kid. Big tight end....  runs a bit clumsy but that’s part of the attraction. Hope he is a JET a long time!!!!,

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Gase seems to have a lot of nice plays for TEs. I like this guy. I wish Herndon was healthy, because we could have a really nice TE duo for years to come. 

Play design looked really good today.  Have to credit Gase with finding ways to get some guys open.  Crowder, Griffin, Thomas all had catches.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Gase seems to have a lot of nice plays for TEs. I like this guy. I wish Herndon was healthy, because we could have a really nice TE duo for years to come. 

I think Griffin is more a product of being at the right place at the right time.  He has found some soft spots in the zone and Darnold trusts him, and they seem to be getting more and more chemistry, but when I see Griffin chugging along today, all I can think is that I hope Herndon gets similar opportunities.  

Griffin is also a terrible blocker, but if he can combine with Westco as our TE group with Herndon we could do worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a nice game today. Needs to continue to contribute to the receiving Corp. He’s a keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Needs to be re-signed

Herndon has done nothing to be the undisputed starting TE heading into next season.

Herndon have any trade value?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Herndon have any trade value?

I doubt it’s nearly what many would assume.

A 5th rounder, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Herndon have any trade value?

 

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I doubt it’s nearly what many would assume.

A 5th rounder, maybe.

WTF is with you people, the Jets should NOT be looking to trade Herndon. He was suspended and then got hurt, so yeah, he did nothing this season. But he is a heck of a lot more talented than Griffin (who's a FA) and he's on a cheap rookie deal. 

Griffin is having a good season and the Jets should offer him a deal b/c they need more than one good pass catching TE but by no means does that mean they should be looking to trade Herndon. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, PepPep said:

 

WTF is with you people, the Jets should NOT be looking to trade Herndon. He was suspended and then got hurt, so yeah, he did nothing this season. But he is a heck of a lot more talented than Griffin (who's a FA) and he's on a cheap rookie deal. 

Griffin is having a good season and the Jets should offer him a deal b/c they need more than one good pass catching TE but by no means does that mean they should be looking to trade Herndon. 

The best ability is availability. So fast Herndon has severely lacked in the availability department ~~~

He could change that or maybe this is just who he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herndon was really good last year. This year he had the suspension and got hurt so of course he hasn’t contributed this year.  I think BOTH griffin and Herndon will be important pieces for Sam next year 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, PepPep said:

 

WTF is with you people, the Jets should NOT be looking to trade Herndon. He was suspended and then got hurt, so yeah, he did nothing this season. But he is a heck of a lot more talented than Griffin (who's a FA) and he's on a cheap rookie deal. 

Griffin is having a good season and the Jets should offer him a deal b/c they need more than one good pass catching TE but by no means does that mean they should be looking to trade Herndon. 

I never said the Jets should trade Herndon.

I just answered a hypothetical question about the compensation we could expect if we did trade him.

Also, it’s not like Herndon has shown to be mini Tony Gonzalez or something.

But he’s certainly shown to be a bit of a dipsh*t off the field. And his injury history goes back to his Miami days.

He had a few good games towards the end of last season. You could easily argue that Darnold has shown more chemistry with Griffin this year since coming back from mono. And Griffin was essentially a f*cking nobody when the Jets brought him in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is his 7th year in the NFL.

Kinda really shows how bad the talent is...

Not saying he's a bad player - but he seems like the best player on the team and he's never had more than 2 TD's in a season and never over 500 yards.

I like him and def. want to keep him but he shouldn't be Sam's best option...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Needs to be re-signed

Herndon has done nothing to be the undisputed starting TE heading into next season.

I like Herndon. I'd like us to play a lot with two TEs and actually take advantage of Bell too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Play design looked really good today.  Have to credit Gase with finding ways to get some guys open.  Crowder, Griffin, Thomas all had catches.

DT has much more left in the tank than I anticipated. 

Also, liked use of Wesco as a fb on a few run plays today. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I like Herndon. I'd like us to play a lot with two TEs and actually take advantage of Bell too!

Sure, but a lot of fans, I feel, completely jumped the gun and have anointed this guy some kind of potential pro-bowler.

He has an injury history and a “f*ck up” off the field history at this stage as well.

Griffin has shown just as much, if not more, over the last month as Herndon did throughout his entire rookie campaign.

I’m not in any hurry to get rid of him in favor of an extra 5th/6th round pick...but people also need to chill out on him being some kind of game breaker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good portion of the Jets’ better players are actually not signed next year:

Poole, Jenkins, Lewis, Compton, Griffin.   Also Anderson.  

If I am Douglas I am signing some of them now.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The griffinator 

the griff man

the griffster 

Griff-a-rama 

ok I’ll show myself out.....

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herndon is a ridiculous athlete and matchup nightmare.

He would have had a huge year in this offense if he played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a lot like Zac Ertz. Good reliable target. Underrated athleticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

DT has much more left in the tank than I anticipated. 

Also, liked use of Wesco as a fb on a few run plays today. 

Playcalling and personnel are getting a little better.  DT would be a nice complementary piece but he's a WR 1/2 here coupled with Robby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Playcalling and personnel are getting a little better.  DT would be a nice complementary piece but he's a WR 1/2 here coupled with Robby.

True. This draft class is speculated to be historic at the wr position. 

I get the feeling we are gonna win our way out the Andrew Thomas zone of the draft and may end up with WR in rd1...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

True. This draft class is speculated to be historic at the wr position. 

I get the feeling we are gonna win our way out the Andrew Thomas zone of the draft and may end up with WR in rd1...

If Andrew Thomas is gone then I seriously want the Jets trading back, maybe twice.  I'd try to get the top Center in the Draft (Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin) and be fine with the 5th or 6th best WR.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Herndon is a ridiculous athlete and matchup nightmare.

He would have had a huge year in this offense if he played. 

IF is always the operative word.

Sign Griffin, hope Herndon amounts to something.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...