Ryan Griffin

jetstream23

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is his 7th year in the NFL.

Kinda really shows how bad the talent is...

Not saying he's a bad player - but he seems like the best player on the team and he's never had more than 2 TD's in a season and never over 500 yards.

I like him and def. want to keep him but he shouldn't be Sam's best option...

Looked it up....  yeah, I thought he was an UDFA but he’s 29.   hope he plays solid for 2 more years as a JET.  Would love to see more roll out from Sam, 6 to 10 yard passes with blocking etc.  griffin would fit nice in that scheme. 

14 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Needs to be re-signed

Herndon has done nothing to be the undisputed starting TE heading into next season.

Stop being that dude- Raideraholic.  ( over- rating every Jet player)     Ryan Griffin is a 30 year old Jag Te. ( social security years for a football player)      The Jets offense hasn’t been that great , and someone has to be benefactor of the targets.     

11 hours ago, ryu79 said:

DT has much more left in the tank than I anticipated. 

Also, liked use of Wesco as a fb on a few run plays today. 

DT was good yesterday. Now that he seems to be fully healthy, he's a nice big target for Sam.

Agree on Wesco. He was picked to be a versatile piece who could move between TE and FB. Nice to see that finally happening to good effect in a game.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BCJet said:

I think Griffin is more a product of being at the right place at the right time.  He has found some soft spots in the zone and Darnold trusts him, and they seem to be getting more and more chemistry, but when I see Griffin chugging along today, all I can think is that I hope Herndon gets similar opportunities.  

Griffin is also a terrible blocker, but if he can combine with Westco as our TE group with Herndon we could do worse.

he can learn to block.  it's doubtful if he can learn to catch passes.  he's got good hands.

I like Griffin.  I was happy when they picked him up, but he is no big deal.  He had a big day, but I think quite a few people are giving him credit for Daniel Brown's catch.  I am surprised Brown hasn't done more this season.  He was a 238 lb small school (James Madison) WR, that was with Loggains in Chicago.   He is pretty fast and has way better agility times than Griffin, but he has played every game and that was his first/only target.