Raiders Will Provide A Litmus Test

THE BARON

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Weren’t you the guy on JI 12 years ago called me dumb for saying the raiders should draft Calvin Johnson over Jamarcus Russell? 

Sure was.   In hindsight it looks like a terrible  pick, considering Jamarcus Russell was one of the biggest bust.      My draft philosophy never changes , I would always take the QB, over taking a top Wr every time.( especially if I thought that QB could be a franchise QB.  Still would make that choice again if that was my team choices .(were in a similar situation) 

Now as Great as Calvin Johnson was as a receiver, what exactly did his teams ever win?   Still need the most important player QB , and if you don’t have that you have to keep trying to draft.

One of my best friends is a Raiders fan.  we have a bet for who buys dinner for a Rodizio at a Brazilian Steak House in our area.

Either I celebrate the victory by getting the meat sweats from over indulging in delicious food

or

I drown my sorrows by getting the meat sweats from over indulging in delicious food

I can live with this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

No you’re NFC East slayers - too bad you don’t play in that division .  All your wins have come against that division.   That’s it.

10AM internal clock. 

Cold. 

Wet. 

Windy.

Road. 

If Carr gets hurt you may have a chance. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Piss and the Jets ???  Brings me all the way back to Shae Stadium.   My father started taking me to games back in 1980 when I was just a pup.  Our tickets were in the mezzanines.  Back then at Shae, it was a much different experience from being at MetLife Stadium.  At Shae circa 1980, there were drunks all over the stadium.  Fights would be breaking out everywhere.  There were guys that looked like Rocky's pal Pauley.  They all had paper bags with a bottle of booze to sip on, and they all yelled out the same thing at the players.... "YOU BUM !!!! YOU BUM !!!" At a game in December, I even saw two drunken guys dressed as Santa Claus having a fist fight over who was the real Santa...  And PISS... Yes... PISS.  If you went out on the concourse in the mezzanines during half time, you had to make sure you didn't get too close to the outside wall.  There were drunks that would PISS off of the upper deck.  You'd get splashed by the streams of PISS that would be cascading down. I wont even go into what the bathrooms were like...

How's that for a litmus test ???

Ha! I'm glad the environment at games has gotten a lot better and there's no (or not as much) pissing going on outside the bathrooms.  Sadly, while it's a better, cleaner experience at the stadium.....the football looks much the same or worse!

4 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

One of my best friends is a Raiders fan.  we have a bet for who buys dinner for a Rodizio at a Brazilian Steak House in our area.

Either I celebrate the victory by getting the meat sweats from over indulging in delicious food

or

I drown my sorrows by getting the meat sweats from over indulging in delicious food

I can live with this.

Man, I love Brazilian Steakhouses. Of course, no Rodizio in San Diego. We have a couple Brazilian Steakhouses that are uber exepensive but so many chain restaurants just never come to San Diego I think you will be celebrating.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, chrisfaceoff said:

or

I can live with this.

May you chew loudly and drink expensively.

On 11/19/2019 at 6:50 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Except, IMO they've already shown that they are a complete dumpster fire. 

A win this weekend against the Raiders won't change that, nor would a loss suddenly make it so. That's simply what the team is right now, and have been for years. 

Example. Should anyone's position on Adam Gase change with a win? Are they still among one of the most depleted teams in the league in terms of talent? Are players filing grievances...whether officially or via Twitter? Do we have arguably the worst ownership situation in all of sports, not just the NFL?

My point is this, a win against the Raiders isnt an indicator of anything because this Jets team is the type that could very well blow the doors completely off of the Raiders this weekend...then turn right around and give the Bengals their first win of the season the following week. 

Tell me that wouldnt be Jetsy. 

You see @THE BARON ? I really wasnt trying to be an ass, a hater or pessimistic for no reason brother. You're probably wondering how the hell I knew that the Jets would do exactly what I said above. Well when you're a Jets fan for decades and you've stopped being sucked in emotionally, you get to view things as they really are and you can see how the Jets constantly set us up for stuff like this. 

You have to admit, I literally called this exactly the way it would ultimately happen...even down to the complete and utter blowout of the Raiders. Bro, the Jets WILL ALWAYS  find ways to be Jetsy.

I watch them, but I stopped lying to myself years ago when it comes to this team. Nothing has changed. The Jets make the Johnson's money. There is no true competent effort to make this a winning franchise. 

This is a bad football team, and has been for years, and years. Hopefully it changes with JD, but never get sucked in because of 2 wins against terrible teams. The Jets will find a way to completely break your heart. 

The only person who seen what I was saying was @The Crusher

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

You see @THE BARON ? I really wasnt trying to be an ass, a hater or pessimistic for no reason brother. You're probably wondering how the hell I knew that the Jets would do exactly what I said above. Well when you're a Jets fan for decades and you've stopped being sucked in emotionally, you get to view things as they really are and you can see how the Jets constantly set us up for stuff like this. 

You have to admit, I literally called this exactly the way it would ultimately happen...even down to the complete and utter blowout of the Raiders. Bro, the Jets WILL ALWAYS  find ways to be Jetsy.

I watch them, but I stopped lying to myself years ago when it comes to this team. Nothing has changed. The Jets make the Johnson's money. There is no true competent effort to make this a winning franchise. 

This is a bad football team, and has been for years, and years. Hopefully it changes with JD, but never get sucked in because of 2 wins against terrible teams. The Jets will find a way to completely break your heart. 

The only person who seen what I was saying was @The Crusher

I dig.  I have been a Jet fan for over 30 years.  I know where you are coming from.   Agree on JD.   I'm glad the Jets have him.  I'm sure you know what my concern is.  Will Johnson let him do his job ?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I dig.  I have been a Jet fan for over 30 years.  I know where you are coming from.   Agree on JD.   I'm glad the Jets have him.  I'm sure you know what my concern is.  Will Johnson let him do his job ?

Then you've been a fan longer than I have. Im almost jealous that your faith in this team is still that strong. 

It went downhill with me during that 2015 season. That's when I finally came to grips with what this organization is.

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then you've been a fan longer than I have. Im almost jealous that your faith in this team is still that strong. 

It went downhill with me during that 2015 season. That's when I finally came to grips with what this organization is.

They have had management problems since Sonny Werblin left.  Mr Hess was by all accounts a fantastic person and brilliant business man, but he really wasn't a football man.  It was up  and down until he handed the team off to the Tuna.  Woody came into the picture and it has been constant mismanagement. Bad management guarantees a lot of ups and downs but mostly downs.   Our hope now is that Douglas is left alone by Johnson to do his job.  

• Upvote 2