Quinnen Williams

Jet hustle

I was trying to watch him too and I did see 95 on the field. He’s so far not a big stat guy or an impact player. In other words he doesn’t make the obvious type of plays like sacks that you associate with a big time D lineman. But when I have watched him he’s involved and not pushed around at all. Look there were rumors there was interest at the trading deadline by other teams and substantial offers although I never heard what was offered for him. The Jets decided to keep him. So maybe Williams thinks he can play. 

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I knew this thread was coming.  Not much to complain about with the game.  Darnold and Adams both played really well, so I knew a Quinnen thread had to be coming.  Actually surprised it took this long.

Get creative at least.  Maybe start an Edoga thread.

Your right... god forbid someone starts a thread about a player on the team we are here to comment on....   we should just hold out to post until next week since they won today....

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was the third overall pick int he draft and he has done virtually nothing at all.  He is being beat out for playing time by udfa and 6th rounders.  It is a legit concern. 

Severe disappointment so far and if he was rushing the passer we might not have to blitz our safety all the time.

Can we even really call Adams a Safety anymore?

He'll be fine.

Taking some lumps as a NFL rookie playing a little banged up.  But I think a full offseason program, continued physical growth (he's still like a kid) and some continued mentoring from McClendon will help immeasurably.  We're fortunate that we have a good platoon of guys continuing to hold the fort down as QW figures things out and progresses.

Still amazing to me that the DLine is probably the strength of the team even after trading Leo.  Fatukasi, Phillips, Anderson, QW, McClendon...even Sheppard now....it's a good group.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2