Jet hustle

Quinnen Williams

I dont think he played much.  Hes going to have to work hard this offseason to get stronger.  He is getting pushed around in the run game which is why hes not out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Have you seen quinnen williams.  He looks like a 16 year old boy.

He needs an offseason of real nfl strength and conditioning and he will be a beast.

He will be much improved next year and will be the best player on this defense in year 3.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're telling me you're not the least bit worried about his play so far? If he was a later pick I could understand the kid gloves treatment but he was the third overall pick. He's currently being outplayed by an UDFA in Phillips and two late picks last year in Foley and Shepherd.

I didn't want to draft him but even I thought he would be better than this. He's invisible. 

Nope.  Not concerned one bit.  Its a strength thing and that can easily be improved on.  Hes got everything u cant teach.  

Hes not ready to play against full grown men yet.  He will be though.  And will be an absolute force.

• Upvote 1

People disappointed in Quinnen really dont understand the position he plays.

Its not an nfl day 1 impact position.  Its a strength position where you need to dominate huge, grown ass olineman.

Look at quinnen.  Hes all baby fat.  He looks like hes 16 years old.

After a full offseason in a real strength and conditioning program, he will be much better next year.

Year 3 he will be the best player on our defense.

A little patience folks.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

It's literally one of the few positions that is.

Go look at warrens sapps rookie year.

8 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

Amazing  - this kid is only 21 years old - Aaron Donald had 2 years on him when he was drafted in 2014 - 13th - so are the 12 other teams fans who passed on him crying the blues like this fan base?

You don't draft a 21 yo kid and expect to be able to push around NFL lineman right overnight.  Geesh, just let the kid grow up a little with experience  and get into the weight room.

I would like anyone to recall a DT drafted so young make it into the pro-bowl their 1st year, like it seems this negative fan base is wanting. 

Go ahead, I'm waiting.....

U r 100% correct.  Many here are clueless.

4 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

The weight room thing is a little silly

they don’t lift at Bama?

the big jump is your freshman year at college with a real strength program.

hell the Bama strength and conditioning coach makes more than most NFL assistants for a reason

Total nonsense.  These elite guys dont have to apply themselves to compete at the college level.  They can get by with their natural skill alone.  

Its when they hit the nfl and play against grown ass men do they realize, "Oh sh!t.  I need to get serious in the weight room".

I cant even discuss the Quinnen Williams stuff anymore.  The board has taken a huge step back basing anything on his rookie year.  its clueless fandom at its best.   

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, section314 said:

Listen, Q. may turn out to be a perennial All-Pro down the line. That said, it was the worst possible pick for this team, period. We all know it, the idiot who made this sh*ty pick got fired. Can we please move on and actually talk about guys who play and contribute?

If we knew we were not resigning Leonard Williams, then it is not the worst possible pick.

Should we have gone oline or an offensive player?  Sure.  But being they had no plans to resign Williams, it is not a terrible pick.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company