Jet hustle

Quinnen Williams

• We can look at the snap counts, but my guess is that they will indicate that the Jets played mostly a 4-3 over the last few weeks.   Jenkins has been playing mostly with his hand on the ground.    Actually more 4-2-5 with Adams basically a LB. 
  • GGN.com did a nice piece last week how QW was basically used to eat up 2 blocks so that other players would play better.  That may be because of what he would be best at. 
  • The draft for DL is two stories.  1-good ones do mostly go in the first round, but usually the middle/end of the first round, but 2-players picked top 10 really need to make an impact right away and have NFL bodies ready to go.  That can ultimately be the difference between a 1st and 2nd round pick.  FWIW, there are more good players from the second round of the Lee/Hack draft than the first round.   If a team does not have have a strong DL the opponent just runs on them.  Remember that Raiders game years ago?   You need a good DL.  
  • The Jets have 2 more years of a DL of McClendon, Foley, Shepherd, Anderson and Kyle Phillips.  If someone wanted to offer the Jets a haul for QWs today, and then the Jets can look for and develop DL lower in the draft to continue the pipeline, that could be better.  QW was not tradeable this year-cap effect too bad.   Next year it could be worth it.
  • Andre Carter has done an excellent job with the DL this year.  I think overall GW has done a good job.  I am not sure about the offensive coaches. 

Given who the Jets already have on the DL, if Quinnen could be traded for a long-term starting center and maybe a CB or WR, that would appear to be a better result.  

• Upvote 1

For some odd reason, even though Josh Allen has 9 sacks (in 10 games-wow), his PFF rating at 65.3 is lower than Quinnen's.

I am not a GM, but if I were Joe Douglas I would have traded or would trade Anderson, Bell and Quinnen and save the money/get draft picks to build the rest of the team.  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company