Jet hustle

Quinnen Williams

18 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

If the blockbuster deal for Q.W. is still on the table in March you take it and run.

Bengals might be able to get a 5th for Jonah Williams 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Given who the Jets already have on the DL, if Quinnen could be traded for a long-term starting center and maybe a CB or WR, that would appear to be a better result.  

Trade QW to the Chiefs for a 1st and a 3rd

4 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I feel like there are two main camps here... He's either A) a disappointment, or  B) he just needs time to develop...

I mean can't it be both though? Can't both sides be right?

I'm disappointed he hasn't been an impact player from day 1. It's disappointing that half a season has gone by without him being a game changer.

But I also think he will develop just fine... I feel like it's not unheard of for a guy to take a season or two to get up to an NFL caliber level..

Again that's maybe disappointing, but I feel like writing him off completely as a bust is also premature.

How about c) let’s not give up on the kid after half a season in which he has shown flashes

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, varjet said:

For some odd reason, even though Josh Allen has 9 sacks (in 10 games-wow), his PFF rating at 65.3 is lower than Quinnen's.

I am not a GM, but if I were Joe Douglas I would have traded or would trade Anderson, Bell and Quinnen and save the money/get draft picks to build the rest of the team.  

We can definitely still get a first plus a middle round pick for Quinnen in the offseason.  As much as jets fans have barbecued the kid he has shown flashes this season and will get better

We really need multiple first round picks to fix this roster next spring

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

The Jets picked Q with the 3rd overall and we have to live with that for four years and if he's a 'Leo' after that time we trade him.

Jets do need multiple 1st round picks and the player with the highest trade value and the easiest to replace is Adams. Anderson is worth keeping on a cap friendly deal, otherwise trade him for a high 3rd rounder.

I’m all for trading both Q and Adams for firsts plus mid round picks 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Bryan Thomas was underrated. Dude started here for like 9 years and led us in sacks once...maybe twice. He was probably as good as Jenkins is now.

He couldn’t sniff the qb.  Neither can Jenkins

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

You made my point, we have three good DT’s on this team now, even after trading Leonard Williams, and not counting QW.

Why the hell draft him:-

Lessons learnt Zero:-

Mo Wilkerson.

Quentin Coples.

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

Quinnen Williams. (Really..)

Last Edge Rusher Drafted by the Jets Bryan Thomas (2002!).

Last good one John Abraham (2000!).

It was between QW and Josh Allen

QW was perceived as the safe pick.  Allen “had no moves” or so I was told you can look up the thread I started pre draft about Allen and got called a retard because I wanted to draft him

Btw I still think QW will be a stud

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

2008 he had 8.5 sacks 

And what happened all the other years?  He also had 1 outlier game in 2008 with 3 sacks hence that fluke number

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Jonah Williams didn’t even play this season after getting injured in preseason but I’d rather have him than Quinnen. Jonah’s potential upside and impact for the team going forward would be greater than Q’s imo. 

Maybe Jonah can be a decent Guard fighting chronic shoulder injuries

7 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

You don't think the 3rd overall pick in the draft should be making an impact year 1? Who cares about his age.  That's completely erroneous. Bosa and Allen are a half year older. I'm sure those 150 extra days or so make them so much more physically mature. Lol.

And more than half the posters here called Allen Aaron Maybin 2.0 before the draft

4 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Too early to write Quinnen off as a disappointment. He does show flashes and the Jets are the #1 team against the rush. That said for the third pick in the draft he has to develop into something special.

This

7 hours ago, phill1c said:

I think it also has to do with fit on the team. A pass rusher without inside presence wastes it because the defense would rarely be in obvious passing downs. That's why I would pick a DT vs. an OLB at that spot if I'm the GM. I advocate building from the inside out, building both lines first and foremost. Good DTs help stop the run and the pass by keeping offenses one-dimensional.

Now, if it's a choice between a OLB and a CB, well, that's another hard choice because I think you get better value from a pro-bowl CB than you do a OLB. But that's a tough choice. I'd probably take the CB because if I have a good DL and average LBs my defense would probably benefit greater from enhanced coverage.

I also feel that I can get pass rushing from scheme and blitz. I can do that if I have a great secondary even without an edge rusher. In general, I wouldn't take an edge rusher at #3 unless I had most of the other pieces already.

We desperately need an edge rusher tho and haven’t had one in 15 years

Only way for the jets to get an edge rusher is the draft

Trade QW for a first

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company