Jet hustle

Quinnen Williams

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Interior DLine isn't a spot where players tend to break out immediately.  Those older, savvy, veteran offensive linemen know the tricks of the trade to minimize what you can do.  I think it takes a while to really emerge.

190627875_ScreenShot2019-11-17at9_01_23PM.png.1e912333a6d2f7c7075dea7ce152a2fa.png

1022935545_ScreenShot2019-11-17at8_51_57PM.png.7b77d064a9d2a71e5ac620c5e7a3423f.png

Well, considering we were being sold "the next Aaron Donald," it's worth mentioning that the 1st Aaron Donald had 9 sacks, 13 QB hits, and 2 FF in his rookie year.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I didn't want Quinnen Williams (I wanted Josh Allen), but I think people calling him a bust are getting ahead of themselves. He may still be dealing with an ankle injury. Additionally, he isn't playing to his strengths often enough. If you are going to employ Quinnen as a space eater in a 3-4, you are never going to get the most out of him. I think next year, after Quinnen has a full off season in a pro S&C program, if you see him playing a 3 tech in a 4-3, we will start to see the player many were expecting to see this year. 

I'm not going to call him a bust at this point either, but I certainly didn't want him.  They guy played 1.5 seasons at the top program in the country.  There wasn't enough evidence that he'd be a difference maker at the next level to justify this pick.

• Like 1

Just now, bitonti said:

here's a stat for everyone the Jets have the number one rushing defense in football 

Yeah, but who cares?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bomberjet said:

Amazing  - this kid is only 21 years old - Aaron Donald had 2 years on him when he was drafted in 2014 - 13th - so are the 12 other teams fans who passed on him crying the blues like this fan base?

You don't draft a 21 yo kid and expect to be able to push around NFL lineman right overnight.  Geesh, just let the kid grow up a little with experience  and get into the weight room.

I would like anyone to recall a DT drafted so young make it into the pro-bowl their 1st year, like it seems this negative fan base is wanting. 

Go ahead, I'm waiting.....

If this is true, you shouldn’t draft 21 year olds this high.  You hold his rights for 5 years, and then you have to make an expensive choice.  Better to take someone who can make an impact early, and get value out of the less expensive years.  If I wait until he’s 23 to evaluate him, I’m doing so in year 3 of a 5yr deal.  That’s just bad management.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Then the Jets shouldn’t have drafted Darnold and instead drafted Luke Falk

Where are these rules prohibiting who to draft and when?

There aren't rules.  The point being, if you don't expect a guy to perform until year three of a contract, because he's too young, then you should probably aim for guys old enough to perform.

The Darnold/Luke Falk comparison is absurd, as you already know, but there is a problem inherent with Darnold and age/lack of experience.  Darnold is 22 now, young, obviously, and after almost 2 full years, we're no closer to knowing if we should be writing him a 100M check, which, is only now 3 seasons away.  If you say Darnold is too young to be judged, then we have a real problem coming up.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company