Jet hustle

Quinnen Williams

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Ed Oliver is challenging him in no impact....      that's not to defend Q, really....    just a top 10 pick doing phukawl

Ed Oliver had a better game week one vs us than Williams has had all season. Albeit Williams might even look good vs Kalil and Winters.

25 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

oh, so we judge the whole body of work by his play against a bottom 2 OL?

he's just as nothing.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/18/bills-ed-oliver-looking-first-sack-ryan-fitzpatrick/

I mean I literally just pointed that out.

Both have been poor, Oliver at least has a good game to his name.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Leo  version 2.0

Leo was far, far better as a rookie. In fact that was probably his beat season.

Sheldon and Mo were far better as rookies too. They at least showed why they were highly touted. Q hasn’t stood out for a single moment. Just been bang average from the word go.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This doesn't make me feel any better about the Leonard Williams pick.  Can't we EVER draft a future HOFer, or something close to it, with a top 10 pick?  They don't ALL have to be great, but there's no universe where anyone can be happy about constantly drafting underwhelming players and then being screamed at that he wasn't a bust.  

Leonard Williams:  Not a bust.  Jamal Adams:  Not a bust.  Quinnen Williams:  Not likely to be a bust.  Record since 2015:  27-47.  Hooray!

Much as Adams can annoy me he doesn't belong in that category. He's got top 10 talent if nothing else and stands out on the field. If we do trade him we will be getting closer to a Jalen Ramsey haul than a Leonard Williams one.

The issue with the Williams twins is their position - They're just good DT's. Their performances are a feature of the limited impact that style of player can have, especially in a passing league. We love drafting players that are suited to another era. 

18 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I don’t need to make others understand I’m right. I just know when I am. 

Leonard Williams still wasn't a bust. By any measure. 

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not an nfl day 1 impact position.

It's literally one of the few positions that is.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

fatukasi,shepard,phillps and mcclendon all have highre PFF rating* than the #6 pick...

*not an endorsement...   

Fatukasi and MccClendon do - Not Shepherd or Phillips.

Also Williams has graded out better than any of them in previous seasons. Namely 2016 where he was among the best in the league.

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He was for this team. Barely had an impact and didn’t even get a 2nd contract. Not something you want from a 6th overall selection. 

There is room between being worth the 6th overall pick and being a bust. There's a reason another team will give him that 2nd contract, unlike a lot of other guys we've drafted. He was always the safe pick, similar to Q - He was at worst going to be stellar. That's half the appeal for our coward GM's. 

He's a good NFL player but plays a position with less and less relevance. The likelihood of any 6th overall pick DT being worth it in 2019 is pretty poor. Guys like Milliner, Pryor, Coples - Trash not even in the league any more - Are what I'd consider busts. I went back looking through our last 15 1st round picks and it was so depressing - We're doing well to even have three wins - LW is easily top 5 in that sorry list.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

How do we know 1/2 way through his rookie yr? 

How can you not?

He isn't suddenly going to become an extraordinarily better athlete any time soon. He just doesn't stand out the way the elite guys do. 

Mo, Sheldon and LW all had more standout moments of dominance in their rookie years where you could see why they were highly rated. Not a single such moment from QW yet - He's clearly not exceptionally athletic for the position or you'd have seen it, even if just in glimpses. 

You can already tell he's a high floor, low ceiling player. A coward's pick. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, C Mart said:

LOL.  I bet you knew last yr FF and Shepherd would be playing this well this season. 

ahhh what does Gil Brandt know...

Marked his first year as a starter in 2018. He has very good height (6-foot-3) and speed (4.83-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine) and boasts great explosion and strength. He should be a very good pass rusher as a tackle. He will overpower you. Athletic and tough, Williams may end up being the best player in the draft. There are lots of Pro Bowland All-Pro honors in his future.

Shepherd was on a diet of steroids. No idea about Fatusaki because he played 3 snaps.

We've actually seen Q on the field. Talk about combine speed all you like there's nothing translating to the eye test whatsoever. I don't need to mentions the hundreds of players who've posted great workout numbers only to look stiff as a board on the field.

Q looks a sure tackler who's strong enough to hold his own. Nothing more at this point. He will never be a top pass rushing threat which you'd need to be justify the selection. He can't even get in the starting lineup ffs.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company