3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

How did Shepherd & FF look last yr as rookies? How do they both look this season? 

True statement. FF looks like an animal and last year I don’t even know if he got 50 snaps in on the season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RobR said:

We could call him a moneybacker but that phrase fell out of favor when we traded Lee. 

I’d call him the selfishbacker, he just roves all over the field in search of stats damn the other 10 players when they look like trash because they couldn’t anticipate Adams blowing his assignment in search of the all mighty stat padding.

• Confused 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

One was a third round pick, one was a 6th round pick, the other was the third overall pick in the draft. Big difference. 

So why can’t his play jump next season just like theirs has? 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Shepherd > Leonard Williams.

Never thought I’d say Shepherd better than anyone, yet a pleasant surprise.

But just proves that you should never draft DT so high.

And also not give up on a guy after his first year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont think he played much.  Hes going to have to work hard this offseason to get stronger.  He is getting pushed around in the run game which is why hes not out there.

A solid number three pick <eye roll >  ... who needed Josh the animal Allen anyway...I hope Mac drowns in his coffee... 

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So why can’t his play jump next season just like theirs has? 

I sure hope it does but you have to take into account how much you spent on that player. If you get picked third overall you should be making a difference right away just like the players drafted right around his slot.

I can still hold out hope for QW and admit he's having a crap rookie season. He needs to step up the rest of the way and start creating some havoc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

That’s true, you’re right.  Just upset that they didn’t pick Allen.

I wanted Allen too but too early to know what Q might be/become

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're telling me you're not the least bit worried about his play so far? If he was a later pick I could understand the kid gloves treatment but he was the third overall pick. He's currently being outplayed by an UDFA in Phillips and two late picks last year in Foley and Shepherd.

I didn't want to draft him but even I thought he would be better than this. He's invisible. 

Nope.  Not concerned one bit.  Its a strength thing and that can easily be improved on.  Hes got everything u cant teach.  

Hes not ready to play against full grown men yet.  He will be though.  And will be an absolute force.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Shepherd > Leonard Williams.

Never thought I’d say Shepherd better than anyone, yet a pleasant surprise.

But just proves that you should never draft DT so high.

:rolleyes:   It certainly does not. What it might prove is that draftedplayers are better in their 2nd year, like Shepard. It's called experience.

18 minutes ago, RobR said:

You're telling me you're not the least bit worried about his play so far? If he was a later pick I could understand the kid gloves treatment but he was the third overall pick. He's currently being outplayed by an UDFA in Phillips and two late picks last year in Foley and Shepherd.

I didn't want to draft him but even I thought he would be better than this. He's invisible. 

Of course I'd like to see him playing better and for that "emergent" game to pop for him but it doesn't always happen as soon as you want it to.  So no, I'm not overly concerned yet.  However, it does seem like he's been less visible and involved since Leo departed.  I'm not sure if there's a correlation there (if QW is now getting more double teams, etc.) but his last two games, both against lesser competition in the Giants and Skins, have been quieter than ones against Dallas, Jax, etc.

I think we need to dig deeper and see what's going on.  The unit is performing very, very well even after Leo left so is QW doing some more of the dirty work that's freeing up these other guys to have great games the past few weeks?  I honestly don't know.

I don't think snap counts are available yet for today's game but we'll want to look at that, PFF grades, etc. to maybe get some insight about what's going on.

1 hour ago, Jet hustle said:

Didn't hear his name once today...   did anyone notice him out there? 

Thats awesome!!  Oh wait, you only want that from the OL.

15 minutes ago, RobR said:

I sure hope it does but you have to take into account how much you spent on that player. If you get picked third overall you should be making a difference right away just like the players drafted right around his slot.

I can still hold out hope for QW and admit he's having a crap rookie season. He needs to step up the rest of the way and start creating some havoc.

Was Adams playing like he is this season during his rookie yr? 

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Was Adams playing like he is this season during his rookie yr? 

He was playing a hell of a lot better than QW. QW is being outplayed by an udfa rookie we picked up this year. When is it OK to be concerned?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Interior DLine isn't a spot where players tend to break out immediately.  Those older, savvy, veteran offensive linemen know the tricks of the trade to minimize what you can do.  I think it takes a while to really emerge.

190627875_ScreenShot2019-11-17at9_01_23PM.png.1e912333a6d2f7c7075dea7ce152a2fa.png

1022935545_ScreenShot2019-11-17at8_51_57PM.png.7b77d064a9d2a71e5ac620c5e7a3423f.png

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Of course I'd like to see him playing better and for that "emergent" game to pop for him but it doesn't always happen as soon as you want it to.  So no, I'm not overly concerned yet.  However, it does seem like he's been less visible and involved since Leo departed.  I'm not sure if there's a correlation there (if QW is now getting more double teams, etc.) but his last two games, both against lesser competition in the Giants and Skins, have been quieter than ones against Dallas, Jax, etc.

I think we need to dig deeper and see what's going on.  The unit is performing very, very well even after Leo left so is QW doing some more of the dirty work that's freeing up these other guys to have great games the past few weeks?  I honestly don't know.

We have a bunch of later round picks and udfa's playing better than QW. Even Gregg Williams is holding his snap counts down because he's not up to snuff.

At what point is this considered a red flag? He wasn't the most agile and explosive athlete coming out and had a ton of question marks.

11 minutes ago, RobR said:

He was playing a hell of a lot better than QW. QW is being outplayed by an udfa rookie we picked up this year. When is it OK to be concerned?

Concerned?  Seriously?!?  
Sure as hell not 10 games into his rookie yr. How’s 2021. We’ll just agree to disagree.  I just can’t. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

We have a bunch of later round picks and udfa's playing better than QW. Even Gregg Williams is holding his snap counts down because he's not up to snuff.

At what point is this considered a red flag? He wasn't the most agile and explosive athlete coming out and had a ton of question marks.

A ton?  Like everyone he has flaws and some risks.  Every prospect is a projection, but QW did not have a ton of red flags. I'm not sure where you get your info. He was considered one of the safest players in the Draft and a concensus Top 3 (in some cases Top 2 with Bosa) talent.  Played against top talent in the SEC and dominated those opponents much of the time.

Are you saying QW was a reach and a surprise pick in the Top 3?  I don't think I've heard that from anyone.  Sure, there are lots of people who preferred a different player in that spot (I personally wanted Josh Allen from Kentucky, several here wanted Ed Oliver or even Jonah Williams) but I don't think I've heard a single person say that Quinnen Williams wasn't one of the very top prospects.

I think we need to give him some time.  He's playing better than both defenders taken right after him and he's graded out better than Ed Oliver so far.  I'm not pushing a panic button simply because he hasn't had the big breakout yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Concerned?  Seriously?!?  
Sure as hell not 10 games into his rookie yr. How’s 2021. 

How many times have you said that about all of our busts? Leo, Lee, Pryor, Miliner, Richardson, etc. The only time you give up on these players is after we cut them or trade them for nothing. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I knew this thread was coming.  Not much to complain about with the game.  Darnold and Adams both played really well, so I knew a Quinnen thread had to be coming.  Actually surprised it took this long.

Get creative at least.  Maybe start an Edoga thread.

Yes.  Shocking people would ask how our vaunted #1 pick, the best player in the draft, played in Week 10.

Almost unbelievable, right?

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Interior DLine isn't a spot where players tend to break out immediately.  Those older, savvy, veteran offensive linemen know the tricks of the trade to minimize what you can do.  I think it takes a while to really emerge.

1022935545_ScreenShot2019-11-17at8_51_57PM.png.7b77d064a9d2a71e5ac620c5e7a3423f.png

Quinnen has 11 tackles. Josh Allen has 8 sacks.

QW was a waste of the #3 pick. Can't keep pissing away draft capital like this 

Screenshot_20191117-231139.thumb.png.cb1e165bbb945e8931cc8c3f769542ef.png

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

How did Shepherd & FF look last yr as rookies? How do they both look this season? 

This. We always fall in love with drafting players who are super young, but that comes with a downside as well. The guy just started growing facial hair 2 years ago but you think he's going to be rag-dolling 10 year vets out there. Give him some time.

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Quinnen has 10 tackles. Josh Allen has 8 sacks.

This screen shot says 7 but it's not updated, he had a sack today. 

QW was a waste of the #3 pick. Can't keep pissing away draft capital like this 

Screenshot_20191117-231139.thumb.png.cb1e165bbb945e8931cc8c3f769542ef.pngScreenshot_20191117-230904.thumb.png.a8fb6a5a16569ee5a829a9172bb825f0.png

Not knocking Allen because he was my preferred pick as well but he plays with a far, far greater supporting cast around him. Easy to get 8 sacks when your running mates are Campbell and Ngakoue.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1