Quinnen Williams

Jet hustle

• We can look at the snap counts, but my guess is that they will indicate that the Jets played mostly a 4-3 over the last few weeks.   Jenkins has been playing mostly with his hand on the ground.    Actually more 4-2-5 with Adams basically a LB. 
  • GGN.com did a nice piece last week how QW was basically used to eat up 2 blocks so that other players would play better.  That may be because of what he would be best at. 
  • The draft for DL is two stories.  1-good ones do mostly go in the first round, but usually the middle/end of the first round, but 2-players picked top 10 really need to make an impact right away and have NFL bodies ready to go.  That can ultimately be the difference between a 1st and 2nd round pick.  FWIW, there are more good players from the second round of the Lee/Hack draft than the first round.   If a team does not have have a strong DL the opponent just runs on them.  Remember that Raiders game years ago?   You need a good DL.  
  • The Jets have 2 more years of a DL of McClendon, Foley, Shepherd, Anderson and Kyle Phillips.  If someone wanted to offer the Jets a haul for QWs today, and then the Jets can look for and develop DL lower in the draft to continue the pipeline, that could be better.  QW was not tradeable this year-cap effect too bad.   Next year it could be worth it.
  • Andre Carter has done an excellent job with the DL this year.  I think overall GW has done a good job.  I am not sure about the offensive coaches. 

17 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Don't be silly. He should be traded. He is a rookie so he still has value to other teams that had a high draft grade on him. If jets could get a first rounder for him in the off-season I would do it in a heartbeat. 

The fact is the Jets could have taken anyone in the draft outside of Kyler Murray, and Bosa. A top 3 pick needs to be on the field and performing from day 1. That's the expectation. His 11 tackles is a complete waste of a top 5 pick

Are you happy with his performance thus far?  I'm not impressed at all. I never liked the prospect. Never understood the hype around him as "best player in the draft" and so far he has done nothing to justify his selection.

I’m fine with him. He’s far from a finished product. That was known all along.

If the reports were true of teams calling about him at the deadline and the Jets saying no it sure seems the likelihood of him being traded this offseason is slim. 

Would people be happy if his career mirrored Gerald McCoy? 

McCoy was the #3 pick and he didn’t light it up early in his career

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCoGe99.htm

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I’d call him the selfishbacker, he just roves all over the field in search of stats damn the other 10 players when they look like trash because they couldn’t anticipate Adams blowing his assignment in search of the all mighty stat padding.

Lol, you actually believe this shlt?

He sucks because he looks to make big plays, that selfish player, f him, big plays don’t help the team.  OMG, it just gets worse the better he plays 

You need to add, he’s not Mahomes so....

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol, you actually believe this shlt?

He sucks because he looks to make big plays, that selfish player, f him, big plays don’t help the team.  OMG, it just gets worse the better he plays 

You need to add, he’s not Mahomes so....

If you don’t think he purposely blows assignments because he thinks he knows the play, and goes rogue way to often, it’s worked for 2 games against the only 2 teams currently worse then the Jets, **** I’ve seen him waive the whole defense saying run right and they all listen and blow their assignments and he is wrong bam huge play.

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's been by far and away the lowest impact performer from the top 10 of that draft. In a position where it's relatively easy to adapt.

All of the signs are terrible. Never notice he's there or even worse when he isn't. A team with holes in every area and we go after the one position where we've consistently found good lower cost guys - You couldn't make this sh*t up.

Ed Oliver is challenging him in no impact....      that's not to defend Q, really....    just a top 10 pick doing phukawl

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Ed Oliver is challenging him in no impact....      that's not to defend Q, really....    just a top 10 pick doing phukawl

Ed Oliver had a better game week one vs us than Williams has had all season. Albeit Williams might even look good vs Kalil and Winters.

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Ed Oliver had a better game week one vs us than Williams has had all season. Albeit Williams might even look good vs Kalil and Winters.

oh, so we judge the whole body of work by his play against a bottom 2 OL?

he's just as nothing.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/18/bills-ed-oliver-looking-first-sack-ryan-fitzpatrick/

15 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you said BLOCKBUSTER...   THAT's what I meant...   any old deal and a BLOCKBUSTER is not the same thing

I said that because there were reports that someone had offered us a BLOCKBUSTER deal for QW before the deadline... I also mean BLOCKBUSTER not just any old deal

Just now, Ohhthepain said:

I said that because there were reports that someone had offered us a BLOCKBUSTER deal for QW before the deadline... I also mean BLOCKBUSTER not just any old deal

ok. we ARE on the same page, then...     it'd be fascinating to know what the deets are...

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

ok. we ARE on the same page, then...     it'd be fascinating to know what the deets are...

Sh*t I'm good with recouping a first but BLOCKBUSTER sounds like it'd be a big ole package of picks. If that includes a first even better but doubtful based on performance.

No way around it Williams has been a disappointment.  He's not been
flashing enough of the Alabama talent we all saw last year.  With
the failure of Leonard Williams he's not going to be given a lot
of time to pick it up before "bust" gets thrown around

• Upvote 1

Keep the current DL group together.  They've been playing great since L. Williams left and last week Anderson and Shepherd were making some stuffs in the opponents backfield.  And if Shepherd can finally come around, then Q can too.  Give him at least past his rookie year.  After that, let some other team tap in to his "potential."  D. Line isn't a problem for us and we shouldn't make it one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barton said:

We were a hideous off tackle play call, ran by a currently out of the league running back in  Elijah McGuire, on 4th down at the goal line no less, from having Nick Bosa on this team. 

Q looks like a JAG.

Yeah but the YOU ROOT FOR WINS crowd wouldn't be able to watch that game perpetually on their little DVRS 

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

If you don’t think he purposely blows assignments because he thinks he knows the play, and goes rogue way to often, it’s worked for 2 games against the only 2 teams currently worse then the Jets, **** I’ve seen him waive the whole defense saying run right and they all listen and blow their assignments and he is wrong bam huge play.

Sure he does.  You knew the proper assignments and therefore knew that he blew his assignment for some dubious reason?  That the big plays don't help?

Hes a S.  He's a read and react position.  They're all in the exact right position you think they should be in every time?  And it's planned?  And still coaches and so called experts all over talk about how dynamic he is?  

He sucks now but he’ll get better. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 
And this next part is not his fault, but it was just a horrendous pick. Interior defensive linemen with the 3rd overall. Unreal.  
... so you will be ok with it when we draft 8ty this year
???

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, DRJETS said:

I think a good part of the forum wanted Allen but There was one thing the cretin was consistent, taking the BPA regardless of the team needs.  We needed a pass rushers bad and JA was there in a gold plate and as usual we went for a position that we were stacked.  As a fan it is so freaking infuriating.  I also wanted Marquise Brown.  Either would had helped this team than keep stacking first round BPA.

But Mac addressed the pass rush with J. Polite.......

3 hours ago, Barton said:

We were a hideous off tackle play call, ran by a currently out of the league running back in  Elijah McGuire, on 4th down at the goal line no less, from having Nick Bosa on this team. 

Q looks like a JAG.

Sometimes your eyes dont lie.  if looks like a JAG, all the excuses in the world won't change that. He needs to step it up, I won't call him a bust but I will say he has been a disappointment.  

• Upvote 1