Quinnen Williams

Jet hustle

On 11/17/2019 at 10:15 PM, jetstream23 said:

He'll be fine.

Taking some lumps as a NFL rookie playing a little banged up.  But I think a full offseason program, continued physical growth (he's still like a kid) and some continued mentoring from McClendon will help immeasurably.  We're fortunate that we have a good platoon of guys continuing to hold the fort down as QW figures things out and progresses.

Still amazing to me that the DLine is probably the strength of the team even after trading Leo.  Fatukasi, Phillips, Anderson, QW, McClendon...even Sheppard now....it's a good group.

Credit to Blake Williams and Andre Carter for what they've done with that group so far, definitely been a bright spot and we've seen some great growth out of younger players we thought were throw aways. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

so, players who play well as rookies , like maxx w/ 4 sacks last week, Josh Allen who has 8 this year...

we just say, its ok for Jet young players to be bad for 2-3 years before we "judge"

Sam Apologists do this crap all the tiume..  og he's young, it's ok that he gives the ball away like Santa

LOSER mentality. good players make an impact immediately. 

This. At this point, I would settle for the announcer just calling his name once. He was invisible the last game. Even an optimist has to be getting a bit concerned. Now we know why Gase was nowhere to be seen in the Jets war room on draft weekend.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

so, players who play well as rookies , like maxx w/ 4 sacks last week, Josh Allen who has 8 this year...

we just say, its ok for Jet young players to be bad for 2-3 years before we "judge"

Sam Apologists do this crap all the tiume..  og he's young, it's ok that he gives the ball away like Santa

I was fine with trading Leonard as soon as last year.  I just didn't see the point once we got Mr. Bounty Gate because I wanted to see if he could coach him up.  Didn't happen.  Quentin I think he was really young for a player when we got him.  Maybe it will take a little while longer for everything to just kick in.  But I can't say I blame you for being skeptical after the last decade of draft picks.

On 11/17/2019 at 10:22 PM, RobR said:

You're telling me you're not the least bit worried about his play so far? If he was a later pick I could understand the kid gloves treatment but he was the third overall pick. He's currently being outplayed by an UDFA in Phillips and two late picks last year in Foley and Shepherd.

I didn't want to draft him but even I thought he would be better than this. He's invisible. 

i have to agree with you here Rob.  I'm not ready to write him off yet, thats too drastic, but I'm definitely worried about the type of player we got with him.  I would be alright with the sack numbers right now if he showed some explosive plays in the run game, maybe slicing through for a some big TFL.  Really just anything at this point. 

What gives me some hope is when I watch the tape i do see him at times completely blow his OLmen back and get good push.  But he needs to develop better moves and get stronger in order to be the disruptive force we drafted him to be.  Right now, the cynic in me is worried that he can get there since im not seeing enough of it right now to prove to me it can be brought to the table, the optimist in me is saying "a full year of training, and growth, and work with a great pass rush coach can maybe lead to great results next year"

not sure which way i lean more though. 

• Sympathy 1

so qwill is going to be another jet player like adams whose only sin is to have been drafted too high?  maybe but let's not forget that gwilliams said he wanted to run a 4-3 and didn't have the personnel yet.  could it be qwill will shine in a 4-3?  from what i've seen he's been able to push the pocket and beat his man on each play he's been in on.  and if he doesn't have a lot of tfl's or sack it's probably because he's been out with a nagging injury.  and the way the rest of the dline is playing there's no real reason to rush him along.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

But I can't say I blame you for being skeptical after the last decade of draft picks.

and i am not condemning Q. he seems like a REALLY good kid. So is Sam. 

But being a a REALLy good kid and a nice guy isnt gonna move the needle. 

We need them to also be really good at playing their respective positions.

57 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

It's just after week 11 of his rookie season.  Are players even ALLOWED a rookie season anymore?!

In all honesty if you are going 3rd in the draft you should be making some kind of an impact. I am pretty patient with guys but I was and am expecting more of Williams. 

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t matter how many years you JN posters get burnt by the “can’t miss” Defensive prospect, you’ll all be jerking off to whoever the draft media and fanboy highlight reels tell you is BPA next April. 

It’s as predictable as the patriots winning the division annually 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Doesn’t matter how many years you JN posters get burnt by the “can’t miss” Defensive prospect, you’ll all be jerking off to whoever the draft media and fanboy highlight reels tell you is BPA next April. 

It’s as predictable as the patriots winning the division annually 

this. good avatar of Sams bad backfoot INT habits.

also...  and this isnt an endorsement of the player or of PFF....whose attempt at non-biased grading is cool,,  but also really really puzzling at times....

However...  Josh Allen w/ 8 sacks is currnetly sporting a 65.3 w/ 8 sacks...

image.png.9a9293c65ce4d4db94f2de89d62a97f6.png

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

this. good avatar of Sams bad backfoot INT habits.

also...  and this isnt an endorsement of the player or of PFF....whose attempt at non-biased grading is cool,,  but also really really puzzling at times....

However...  Josh Allen w/ 8 sacks is currnetly sporting a 65.3 w/ 8 sacks...

image.png.9a9293c65ce4d4db94f2de89d62a97f6.png

Devin white is a stud. 

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

The #3 pick needs to be an impact player in year 1. If you're picking the "best" player at a position at the top of the draft and he doesn't perform at a high level at all in year 1, how can this be viewed as anything but a disappointment? 

This!

PICK #3!  Folks it is pick #3, not 3rd round

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Spot on.... amazing the the rhetoric in todays social media world that all players seem to need years to "develop"  

All the while most players in the NFL careers are over within 5 years.  

Point being is a #3 overall pick in the draft thats not a qb should be an IMMEDIATE inpact player.   Nothing less

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

In other news - the CB I (literally) lobbied the jets to take — and subsequently sign when he went undrafted — is balling out in Miami. 

this is Not one of those times were saying I told you so it’s a good thing. It stings like the clap

33AEBD6C-3FEE-4D09-BD3D-99AAB154CA85.jpeg

I know Sam Darnold won't forget his name, it's tattooed on him by that hit.  Another nice job by the OL, that hit was in .3 seconds rather than the league leading (in futility) 3.03 seconds the Jet OL lets Darnold get hit.

On 11/18/2019 at 6:14 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

Ed Oliver would have been a bad pick too given our glaring needs and position that Q and Ed play. It’s mind boggling. 

Maccagnan was trying to protect his own job with the "safe, consensus pick".  That was always his MO.  Nothing "mind boggling" or "mysterious" about it.

But its ok, I fully expected that he would be able to ride Darnold's coat tails like a barnacle for another 10 years, and that ain't happening.  That, for me, is the most ecstatic part of the 2019 Jet season so far.  Ecstatic that I was wrong.

If Williams is a bust, so be it, unfortunate but he is just one player.  The "Fake" has been fired.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I know Sam Darnold won't forget his name, it's tattooed on him by that hit.  Another nice job by the OL, that hit was in .3 seconds rather than the league leading (in futility) 3.03 seconds the Jet OL lets Darnold get hit.

They actually went to HS together ?

Just now, Shelbyblue said:

I'm a big Alabama fan, Quinnen was a product of the other D lineman that year, he really had 1 standout year and everone took the bait.

Maybe everyone took the bait but the Jets went home with the empty hook, as usual.

Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73)

11/20/19, 11:11 AM

Gase isn’t concerned about Quinnen Williams’ lack of big plays that show up in the stats. Says he’s a young player just a few games into his career who’s still developing. “He’ll find his way to being an impactful player. It just hasn’t happened yet.” #Jets

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Dennis Waszak Jr. (@DWAZ73)

11/20/19, 11:11 AM

Gase isn’t concerned about Quinnen Williams’ lack of big plays that show up in the stats. Says he’s a young player just a few games into his career who’s still developing. “He’ll find his way to being an impactful player. It just hasn’t happened yet.” #Jets

just what you want to hear for THE THIRD OVERALL PICK  IN THE DRAFT.

Funny how udfa and 6th round picks are finding their way to be much more impactful right now.

Leo  version 2.0

McCagnan is so utterly dumb he makes idzik look like a genius

Just now, Beerfish said:

Leo  version 2.0

Leo was far, far better as a rookie. In fact that was probably his beat season.

Sheldon and Mo were far better as rookies too. They at least showed why they were highly touted. Q hasn’t stood out for a single moment. Just been bang average from the word go.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

just what you want to hear for THE THIRD OVERALL PICK  IN THE DRAFT.

Funny how udfa and 6th round picks are finding their way to be much more impactful right now.

Leo  version 2.0

McCagnan is so utterly dumb he makes idzik look like a genius

I wish he was half as good as Leo was his rookie year.

• Upvote 1