Quinnen Williams

Jet hustle

Just now, Losmeister said:

fatukasi,shepard,phillps and mcclendon all have highre PFF rating* than the #6 pick...

*not an endorsement...   

Don’t even gotta reference PFF. They are better by any and every measure of statistic. He’s in the league making money. That’s all he cares about. The actual production doesn’t matter when you’re laughing your way to the bank with millions.

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t even gotta reference PFF. They are better by any and every measure of statistic. He’s in the league making money. That’s all he cares about. The actual production doesn’t matter when you’re laughing your way to the bank with millions.

I don't think that is fair.  If he were just taking the money, why is he playing all those snaps?  I'm sure he'd rather earn at a lower snap count, but he does more work than all those guys.

28 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

fatukasi,shepard,phillps and mcclendon all have highre PFF rating* than the #6 pick...

*not an endorsement...   

Fatukasi and MccClendon do - Not Shepherd or Phillips.

Also Williams has graded out better than any of them in previous seasons. Namely 2016 where he was among the best in the league.

Hello:

I have never posted to this board.  I came across it doing  a google search about this topic.

Not only has Williams been a bust- with all due respect he was the  3rd  pick and has made no impact.  The third pick in the draft should make an immediate impact and most will agree on this.

What bothers me is the Jets decision to turn down a "kings ransom" for him.  Look at the upcoming draft- it is loaded at positions of Jet need.  If they got an additional first rounder and second rounder this year for him- my definition of a kings ransom- they could have essentially rebuilt the line in one felt swoop while obtaining a difference maker receiver with the extra third rounder.  

Before anyone disagrees- please look at next years draft- it is so deep the Jets can likely get a star number one receiver in the third.  Quarterback needy teams will be looking to move up and one or two teams will over value a QB like the Giants last year.  Had the Jets traded Williams for another 1 and 2 this year, they could have  then likely traded down for more picks while still getting the best players and need positions.

With Williams playing how he is and next year's class all I can say to them turning down  the trade is "Same Old Jets".  This one really bothers me because the trade makes so much sense and Douglas is a new GM which makes it much easier.  I think Q Williams is L. Williams version 2.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

QW isn’t an edge rusher. No, you can’t compare him to an edge rusher. 

You can disagree they took the wrong position but you can’t expect him to perform as an edge rusher because he isn’t. 

You made my point, we have three good DT’s on this team now, even after trading Leonard Williams, and not counting QW.

Why the hell draft him:-

Lessons learnt Zero:-

Mo Wilkerson.

Quentin Coples.

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

Quinnen Williams. (Really..)

Last Edge Rusher Drafted by the Jets Bryan Thomas (2002!).

Last good one John Abraham (2000!).

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Best run defense.  3-7 record.

Stopping the run does not help you win in this league for the most part.

You obviously cant be totally awful vs the run but you have to limit the other teams passing game.

Positional priorities is the issue and where a player was picked. 

The goal posts as expected are being moved  from "Quinnen is a beast that will wreck the other teams oline!  To 'well we are good vs the run and he does things that do not show up on the stat sheet.'

The very worst thing about kike mccagna is that he did not at all learn from past mistakes.

He was in houston when they drafted carr and did nothing to get him an oline until it was too late so he proceeds to do the same thing here.

He drafted a 'best player in draft' DT in Leo and the results were bad so he does the exact same thing here.

solid autocorrect

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

You made my point, we have three good DT’s on this team now, even after trading Leonard Williams, and not counting QW.

Mo Wilkerson.

Quentin Coples.

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

Bryan Thomas was underrated. Dude started here for like 9 years and led us in sacks once...maybe twice. He was probably as good as Jenkins is now.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:11 PM, BRONX DUDE said:

Not everyone took the bait.

It was the GANG GREEN that took all of the bait.

FAT AND SLOW DONT MAKE AN ALL-PRO

Dude - you up voted your own post? Does reputation mean that much to you? Personally I don't care if the trolls butt fumble me all day long, I just put them on ignore.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's such a thing as a pass-rushing DT.  And they're highly valuable, because the position is closer in proximity to the QB, thus disrupting the short passing attack.  

If you're going to take a DT/3-4 DE at # 3, he'd better be an incredible athlete.  Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, Fletcher Cox....those are the types of comparisons a DT needs to draw.  

Quinnen Williams is more like a poor man's Gerald McCoy.  Probably a nice all-around DT but certainly not worth taking at 3.  

DT's collapsing the pocket is the one sure way to get Brady off his game. I just hope Q gets stronger and works his butt off this off season and plants Cindy's ass next season. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We can definitely still get a first plus a middle round pick for Quinnen in the offseason.  As much as jets fans have barbecued the kid he has shown flashes this season and will get better

We really need multiple first round picks to fix this roster next spring

The Jets picked Q with the 3rd overall and we have to live with that for four years and if he's a 'Leo' after that time we trade him.

Jets do need multiple 1st round picks and the player with the highest trade value and the easiest to replace is Adams. Anderson is worth keeping on a cap friendly deal, otherwise trade him for a high 3rd rounder.

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

The Jets picked Q with the 3rd overall and we have to live with that for four years and if he's a 'Leo' after that time we trade him.

Jets do need multiple 1st round picks and the player with the highest trade value and the easiest to replace is Adams. Anderson is worth keeping on a cap friendly deal, otherwise trade him for a high 3rd rounder.

I’m all for trading both Q and Adams for firsts plus mid round picks 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Mo Wilkerson.

Quentin Coples.

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

It was between QW and Josh Allen

QW was perceived as the safe pick.  Allen “had no moves” or so I was told you can look up the thread I started pre draft about Allen and got called a retard because I wanted to draft him

Btw I still think QW will be a stud

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He was for this team. Barely had an impact and didn’t even get a 2nd contract. Not something you want from a 6th overall selection. 

There is room between being worth the 6th overall pick and being a bust. There's a reason another team will give him that 2nd contract, unlike a lot of other guys we've drafted. He was always the safe pick, similar to Q - He was at worst going to be stellar. That's half the appeal for our coward GM's. 

He's a good NFL player but plays a position with less and less relevance. The likelihood of any 6th overall pick DT being worth it in 2019 is pretty poor. Guys like Milliner, Pryor, Coples - Trash not even in the league any more - Are what I'd consider busts. I went back looking through our last 15 1st round picks and it was so depressing - We're doing well to even have three wins - LW is easily top 5 in that sorry list.

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's such a thing as a pass-rushing DT.  And they're highly valuable, because the position is closer in proximity to the QB, thus disrupting the short passing attack.  

If you're going to take a DT/3-4 DE at # 3, he'd better be an incredible athlete.  Aaron Donald, JJ Watt, Fletcher Cox....those are the types of comparisons a DT needs to draw.  

Quinnen Williams is more like a poor man's Gerald McCoy.  Probably a nice all-around DT but certainly not worth taking at 3.  

How do we know 1/2 way through his rookie yr? 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

How can you not?

He isn't suddenly going to become an extraordinarily better athlete any time soon. He just doesn't stand out the way the elite guys do. 

Mo, Sheldon and LW all had more standout moments of dominance in their rookie years where you could see why they were highly rated. Not a single such moment from QW yet - He's clearly not exceptionally athletic for the position or you'd have seen it, even if just in glimpses. 

You can already tell he's a high floor, low ceiling player. A coward's pick. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Mo Wilkerson.

Quentin Coples.

Sheldon Richardson.

Leonard Williams.

QC, SR and Mo Wilk don’t have a thing to do w/the decision maker at that time. 

Sure fans will live in the past all day long. What the hell does QW have to do w/QC?  Nobody in the FO was here when QC was picked. 

who are the three good DTs on the team now? 

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

There is room between being worth the 6th overall pick and being a bust. There's a reason another team will give him that 2nd contract, unlike a lot of other guys we've drafted. He was always the safe pick, similar to Q - He was at worst going to be stellar. That's half the appeal for our coward GM's. 

He's a good NFL player but plays a position with less and less relevance. The likelihood of any 6th overall pick DT being worth it in 2019 is pretty poor. Guys like Milliner, Pryor, Coples - Trash not even in the league any more - Are what I'd consider busts. I went back looking through our last 15 1st round picks and it was so depressing - We're doing well to even have three wins - LW is easily top 5 in that sorry list.

I agree, and it’s also why I think lumping in Mo Wilkerson with Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams isn’t fair. Say what you want about Wilkerson, but the guy was a legit pass rusher as an interior guy (36 sacks in his first 5 years in the NFL). Too bad he mailed it in once he got paid. 

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

How can you not?

He isn't suddenly going to become an extraordinarily better athlete any time soon. He just doesn't stand out the way the elite guys do. 

Mo, Sheldon and LW all had more standout moments of dominance in their rookie years where you could see why they were highly rated. Not a single such moment from QW yet - He's clearly not exceptionally athletic for the position or you'd have seen it, even if just in glimpses. 

You can already tell he's a high floor, low ceiling player. A coward's pick. 

LOL.  I bet you knew last yr FF and Shepherd would be playing this well this season. 

ahhh what does Gil Brandt know...

Marked his first year as a starter in 2018. He has very good height (6-foot-3) and speed (4.83-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine) and boasts great explosion and strength. He should be a very good pass rusher as a tackle. He will overpower you. Athletic and tough, Williams may end up being the best player in the draft. There are lots of Pro Bowland All-Pro honors in his future.

9 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

I agree, and it’s also why I think lumping in Mo Wilkerson with Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams isn’t fair. Say what you want about Wilkerson, but the guy was a legit pass rusher as an interior guy (36 sacks in his first 5 years in the NFL). Too bad he mailed it in once he got paid. 

3 sacks in 16 games his rookie yr...

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

The 3rd overall pick in the draft should have more than 11 tackles halfway thru the season. Don't you think? Or is this the production that you envisioned getting from the 3rd pick in the draft? Remember you could have taken anyone outside of Murray and Bosa. 

How's the return on the investment so far? 11 tackles.  You could get more from an undrafted DT. And actually, we have! Kyle Phillips has 18 tackles. So an undrafted player is doing better than the kid we drafted 3rd overall. Sweet.

What makes you think Q is going to be a stud? Because he's shown absolutely nothing so far. 

12 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The 3rd overall pick in the draft should have more than 11 tackles halfway thru the season. Don't you think? Or is this the production that you envisioned getting from the 3rd pick in the draft? Remember you could have taken anyone outside of Murray and Bosa. 

How's the return on the investment so far? 11 tackles.  You could get more from an undrafted DT. And actually, we have! Kyle Phillips has 18 tackles. So an undrafted player is doing better than the kid we drafted 3rd overall. Sweet.

What makes you think Q is going to be a stud? Because he's shown absolutely nothing so far. 

It’s his rookie yr! Maybe he develops, maybe doesn’t. 

ah screw it. Just cut the loser..freakin waste of a pick. The very first snap he took I knew he was going to be a bust. 

27 minutes ago, C Mart said:

LOL.  I bet you knew last yr FF and Shepherd would be playing this well this season. 

ahhh what does Gil Brandt know...

Marked his first year as a starter in 2018. He has very good height (6-foot-3) and speed (4.83-second 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine) and boasts great explosion and strength. He should be a very good pass rusher as a tackle. He will overpower you. Athletic and tough, Williams may end up being the best player in the draft. There are lots of Pro Bowland All-Pro honors in his future.

Shepherd was on a diet of steroids. No idea about Fatusaki because he played 3 snaps.

We've actually seen Q on the field. Talk about combine speed all you like there's nothing translating to the eye test whatsoever. I don't need to mentions the hundreds of players who've posted great workout numbers only to look stiff as a board on the field.

Q looks a sure tackler who's strong enough to hold his own. Nothing more at this point. He will never be a top pass rushing threat which you'd need to be justify the selection. He can't even get in the starting lineup ffs.

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Does anyone think this guy instills fear into the opposition...WVPMRC4SPBA5PHADSNXA3UYQBY.thumb.jpg.69a14d71c590ccdee7021ceb0fcfa8ad.jpg

He looks like a cross between Radio and the stay puft marshmallow man

He’s definitely on that Big Mac diet Bryan Thomas was on when he first came into the league. Quinnen is from the Deep South and it still trying to figure out indoor plumbing. Let’s give him a little time before we send him back to the c-container.