Bless Austin looks good

jeTMAC

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Plus he went to Rutgers

We could probably get a first round pick from Belicheat for him

There was a lot of banter on the postgame show on SNY between Bart and Ray Lucas because of this it was really funny if you caught what they were talking about. A lot of it was under the radar. I really would like to see those two guys get their own radio show on ESPN or the fan and please for God's sake let's  get rid of Maggie!!

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Hope Joe D holds these guys...cashman others...guy who show some spark and talent for the game. We have notoriously refused to pay in house talent a little extra than minimum and lost our late drafted/ undrafted etc to other teams. Snacks of course is who I think of.

Anyhow good teams hold these guys plus any star they have and build depth...

Man this off season will tell us alot. But our roster as crappy as it is, has players....let's sett what Happens

There is no reason to worry about keeping these guys.  They are under team control through the end of 2022.  By the time they are FA, there will be a new CBA and the landscape may be completely different.

9 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Austin reminds me of Aaron Glenn

He looks way longer than Glenn.  I guess because he is.  They all wore 31, so it may be a little simplistic, but I think @johnnysds young Cromartie comp is more apt.  

Obviously, Austin has looked pretty good.  It is early and his problem has been staying on the field more than talent, but it is about time some of Mac's injury prone late rounders paid off.  The one play I didn't like was his practiced pose after one of the incompletions.  I am all for self-promotion and hot-dogging, but he looked like he bent down in the Redskin's face.  Could easily have drawn a taunting penalty and kept the drive alive.  Otherwise, Everything I saw was positive.

• Upvote 3

We've all talked about this for a long time regarding Macc & how the adage, even a blind squirrel finds a nut doesn't even apply to him. Well, seems Shepard & Austin might play huge parts on our defense. Foly & Phillips too. 

Its absolutely crazy to look at all of those wasted picks since Coples. So many good players were passed up over the years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Just kidding.  We are all here to vent.

no problem dude lol I have issues! I'm trying to upload video for the podcast and send it to Max man and I'm failing miserably. I remember the days when I used to make fun of my parents for not being able to hook up cable TV or a VCR. And now my 10 year-old twins tell me I suck cuz I have no idea how to turn on a PlayStation 4. As Jackie Gleason said when he was the great Ralph Kramden you're going to meet the same people on the way up as youre going to meet on the way down...lmfao. 10 years ago I was a total stud driving a sports car and I had a long hair muscles and money and was the lead singer in a rock band on MTV and the radio. These days my back hurts I'm losing my hair I gained 50 lbs and when I bend over to tie my shoes I fart and can't help it. It's f****** sad ...youth is wasted on the young. Lol

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

What a nice story this could become. Didn't he have a torn ACL on each of his knees? Amazing that a guy could go through that and then play CB in the NFL.

fwiw, SF sports radio has an afternoon show with ex NBA role player/bench guy Tom Tolbert.

He had a dislocated hip. PLayed 7 years in the NBA AFTER that...   thinks Tua will be able to play in NFL.

he mentioned the whole BLOOD FLOW issues........re: Bo Jackson. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

20 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

There was a lot of banter on the postgame show on SNY between Bart and Ray Lucas because of this it was really funny if you caught what they were talking about. A lot of it was under the radar. I really would like to see those two guys get their own radio show on ESPN or the fan and please for God's sake let's  get rid of Maggie!!

Not sure how Maggie Gray keeps getting jobs

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I’m just going to tell myself that we took him with the 3rd overall pick and we took that DT out of Alabama with the 6th round pick. Makes me feel a little better. 

That’s a pretty good idea and solid delivery. I like the way you act like your not sure what Quinnen’s name is. 

This is the juncture were I think the Pats succeed were other teams don’t. Get a late round kid who shows great potential but has a history of injury. Then Uncle Julian invites him to the  TB12 Secret Pats cave and Explains,” worst case scenario it’s only 4 games!” Then shows him a picture of himself shredded and shirtless holding his Superbowl MVP trophy. Patriot way!  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2019 at 10:58 PM, JetsLife said:

I think it was Ray Lucas who recently said he had a “first round grade” but his injuries obviously dropped him. Granted Lucas is biased as a fellow Rutgers alum - but if that’s the case and he’s back to full health - could be a draft steal.  

Pretty sure he was viewed as a real possibility in the 2nd rd before the knee injuries.  

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This is the juncture we’re I think the Pats succeed we’re other teams don’t. Get a late round kid who shows great potential but has a history of injury. Then Uncle Julian invites him to the  TB12 Secret Pats cave and Explains,” worst case scenario it’s only 4 games!” Then shows him a picture of himself shredded and shirtless holding his Superbowl MVP trophy. Patriot way!  

No dude it’s the “Patriot Way”

Bill Belichick mumbles something about “accountability” and magically he never gets injured, gets faster somehow and never gets called for holding

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Didn't Glenn used to get fined all the time for violating the NFL uniform rules related to socks?

No idea.  Just remember that there wasn't much to focus in the Coslett years.  But Glenn was a good cover corner.  If Austin can replicate that I'll be happy.

There was a play late in the Washington game that showed how good, and aware, Austin is.

QB scrambles outside the pocket, looks deep for the WR on the sideline.  Bless is with him stride for stride, QB looks his direction anyway.  Bless looks back inside for the ball, but never loses track of his WR on the outside and uses his body positioning to steer the WR out of bounds.

That ball was either going to be intercepted or incomplete, there was no way it was going to be a completion.

Kid's just got it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

This is the juncture were I think the Pats succeed were other teams don’t. Get a late round kid who shows great potential but has a history of injury. Then Uncle Julian invites him to the  TB12 Secret Pats cave and Explains,” worst case scenario it’s only 4 games!” Then shows him a picture of himself shredded and shirtless holding his Superbowl MVP trophy. Patriot way!  

Fantastic!!!!!! One of your best ever. Big guys rule.?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Losmeister said:

fwiw, SF sports radio has an afternoon show with ex NBA role player/bench guy Tom Tolbert.

He had a dislocated hip. PLayed 7 years in the NBA AFTER that...   thinks Tua will be able to play in NFL.

he mentioned the whole BLOOD FLOW issues........re: Bo Jackson. 

That's good news. Hope the best for that young man.