Highly encouraged by what I’m seeing from Gase

Y3k

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

It only took him half the season to figure out he needed to change sh*t. 

and we are playing the bottom barrel of the league right now. would be nice if this team can maintain this level of play against Raiders, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh if so then I may be more convinced.

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It only took him half the season to figure out he needed to change sh*t. 

maybe but it takes a while for the coach and players to get comfortable with each other.  things probably would've come around sooner had darnold not missed those 3 games.  and face it, our oline players just having been playing very well.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Holy sh*t this fanbase is insane! You guys do know that to have a competent offense you need to PLAY TOGETHER? This offense has been a revolving door since the preseason! First with Quincy getting hurt which in affect took away our only effective #2 WR on the roster. Robbie is a skinny weak 9 route runner & Crowder is our slot guy. Vincent blows chunks! 

We've been playing without Herndon, he has to incorporate Griffin into the offense which he's done with flying colors, and most importantly you can't run any offense with the turnover we've had on our Oline.

There are teams with Coaches in their 3rd years who are coming down to earth because of injuries & their systems are already in place. Guys like Nagy & McVay watching their offenses last night. 

You know WHY it took 10 games, because it took 10 games! Our starting QB played 1 of those games with Mono & missed 4 others, that's half of the season so far. I use to just watch a game & now it gets dissected by EACH & EVERY play like EVERY PLAY SHOULD BE A SUCCESS. 

Right now Adam & Sam are stacking the chips. This sh*t takes time. I LOVE seeing multiple plays run out of the same formation, you don't tip off the defense what your going to do. I don't care who we played, seeing my Jets score 68 points in two games with a neophyte 22 year old & a patched together Oline with a backup TE, and no go to WR is a revelation. 

This is why you don't fire the only offensive coach we've had in eons. Is Gase a quirky SOB? Sure seems it, but this about Coach/QB. This is about these guys getting to know each other like Yin & Yang. This is about putting in a system, Joe Douglas finding the missing puzzle pieces & having our young QB get more & more comfortable every year, adding better players that FIT THE SYSTEM around him & having Sam step out onto that field with supreme confidence that this offense can score on anyone. That's the goal. And that sh*t doesn't happen overnight. This game isn't easy, the great Tom Brady scored 17 points against the Eagles. His defense won that game yesterday. It's a TEAM GAME stop micro criticizing Gase every play call, it's asinine. 

It’s easy to look competent against the bottom dwellers of the NFL. But let’s not forget he’s struggled at using one of the best players in the league, he bitches challenges and timeouts week after week, and he couldn’t even get his team ready to play his former team (who had zero wins) in a revenge game for him. Please save the “wow he’s not terrible” takes until the Jets beat a team they shouldn’t. Until then, platitudes for a sub .500 team and season are empty. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s easy to look competent against the bottom dwellers of the NFL. But let’s not forget he’s struggled at using one of the best players in the league, he bitches challenges and timeouts week after week, and he couldn’t even get his team ready to play his former team (who had zero wins) in a revenge game for him. Please save the “wow he’s not terrible” takes until the Jets beat a team they shouldn’t. Until then, platitudes for a sub .500 team and season are empty. 

They already did moron, that team was the Dallas Cowboys, oh, but, but, they had injuries & were missing players, cry me a f*cking river! No team in the NFL has had more bad luck with injuries & illness than this NY Jet team! Period! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Y3k said:

More big packages 

Two TE sets

play action 

trick plays 

he’s definitely evolving 

i like it 

1 hour ago, The Gooch said:

Well lets not get too excited! I would take it with a grain of salt!

It takes time to learn an offense especially when its an offense that was dealing with injuries early on. This is right about the time you expect players "to get it" Thomas finally seems healthy and that's an obvious plus. The OL has some young guys learning their way and new system as well. In this upcoming draft and FA period the Jets need to get some skill players and fortify the O-Line and they should be GTG next year if JD makes the right calls and I expect he will.

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Didnt they beat Dallas?

• Upvote 1

If you have a subscription to the Athletic, there is an article on this topic today. Basically, Darnold took ownership of the offense 3 weeks ago, told Gase to take certain plays out and emphasize other plays more often. As of 3 weeks ago, the offense has noticeably improved. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

For the first time all season we didn't see free rushers on the QB all game. When guys were on the QB it was because linemen were getting beat - not because they didn't know who to block. For the first time all season the cadence was changed so the defense wasn't tee'ing off on the QB - hell we actually caught them trying to do this jumping offsides.

Glad to see we're taking some positive steps here - it only took until week 11. 

Exactly right! I pointed this out to my son yesterday as well. Perfect example when Edoga flat out just got beat off the edge for a sack. That’ll happen- they did a good job of communication and picking up blitzes for the most part.

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

They already did moron, that team was the Dallas Cowboys, oh, but, but, they had injuries & were missing players, cry me a f*cking river! No team in the NFL has had more bad luck with injuries & illness than this NY Jet team! Period! 

Name calling. Nice. You’re a classy fellow. 

Beating the Cowboys without half of their offense? Not that impressive. Go out and beat the Ravens or the Raiders or the Steelers or the Bills the next few weeks? Okay sure. But let’s not pretend the goal of this season was 6-10 and a bottom third offense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not to me mention the Redskins made some adjustments and we made none....again...

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

didn't they beat the cowgirls?  i know an L is an L but they were up on the bills until the end and had a chance against the browns.  even the doltfin game was winnable.  they're not a 12-4 team but 8-8 is not out of the question.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

didn't they beat the cowgirls?  i know an L is an L but they were up on the bills until the end and had a chance against the browns.  even the doltfin game was winnable.  they're not a 12-4 team but 8-8 is not out of the question.

7 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Didnt they beat Dallas?

Yes. Without their two top receivers and half of their offensive line. Dallas in a rematch would roll. Also, what happened after that Dallas game? Did the coach take that momentum and run with it? Or did he crap the bed the next few weeks?