Raiders 6-4 and Bears 4-6

RonaldJet

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Bears problems have absolutely nothing to do with Khalil Mack.  

The Raiders drafted rather well after the Ferrell pick (which was bizarre).  They stacked draft picks and in a very un-Jets like way, got some good players.  So they can now beat sub-500 teams and lose to over-500 teams (IND being the sole exception this year).  For them that was a huge step forward though.  

c Ferrell is going to be a very good player in the league.   Has really picked up his game the last couple weeks.  Regained the 15 pounds he lost getting sick in London, and the Raiders aren’t asking him to play out of position anymore.( played a lot of Dt as they tried to get their best pass rushers on the field.      Ferrell is seeing just time at De now. ( has made a difference).      Salt ( Maxx Crosby aka the Condor 6.5 sacks) and Pepper ( C Ferrell 3.5 sacks) will be in effect Sunday afternoon.

After the Chiefs lose tonight to the Chargers , the Raiders will be in sole possession of first place .

Thanks to k Mack trade we have a top ten pick coming from the bears.

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Another example of what I’ve been preaching for years. Oline is more important then passrushers. QB, the oline as a unit then CB/ED

2F36A78A-C897-4EBD-B8BB-0CD1F61BA546.png

I read an article this morning making a case for the Ravens as the best team in the NFL.  One of the main reasons, apart from the stifling D was their elite (their words) run and pass blocking O-line.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

The Jets have all their picks plus an xtra 3rd and I’m sure we will acquire 1 or 2 more picks. I think we have enough picks along with free agency to improve where we need to and keep Adams. 

This is exactly what I have been trying to say. If they are smart in FA and FINALLY hit in the draft on a couple of O-linemen, the Jets can field a competitive team in 2020 and 2021 without having to trade Jamal. They have enough draft capital and should have enough cap space to rebuild the O-line and add CB and Pass Rush help. They can literally do this in one offseason if they go about it the right way. Will they suddenly be a 14 win team next year, I highly doubt it. But they can certainly turn things around to where they are competing for a playoff spot. Assuming Darnold doesn't come down with yellow fever and 1/2 the roster isn't on IR again.  

• Sympathy 1