Next up Da RAIIIDEEERRSSS

kevinc855

Josh Jacobs is a really good RB... Heck of a find for the Raiders... But if the Jets can clamp him down and make Carr beat them I think they have a shot.

The Raiders are the more talented team, but they're defense has holes. Their defense looked pretty good against the Bengals but the previous few weeks they've had to win shootouts... So the Jets should be able to score some points here.

It's at home and the Raiders need to fly all the way across the country for it... Also after this Jets game they play the Chiefs in a big division game... Maybe they end up looking ahead to that one and we surprise them? Could be a classic "trap" game. 

• Upvote 1

I can only tell you this....Raiderholic will be sitting in church Sunday morning begging the Lord Jesus Christ to bring victory to his Raiders because he does not want to have to come to Jetnation to hash out a loss on this site! 

I just want the Jets to give him enough to worry about into the 4th quarter so he squirms like a slug sprinkled with salt. Raiders are definitely ahead of the Jets in the overall talent level, but this is the NFL & that's why they play the game. The Raiders wont be running on us that's for damn sure, and the Jets just need to stay within striking distance to take advantage of that power outage that happens to west coast teams playing early games on the east coast. 

Biggest factor is our offensive line. We cannot let the Raiders walk in on our QB like it’s nothing. Have to play hard and give Sam a clean pocket if we want any kind of chance.Their DL is young and tough. We have to neutralize them.

We also have to rattle Derek Carr and play aggressive on offense. The Jets need to continue giving Bilal Powell/Josh Adams snaps. They are both down hill runners and it moved the chains on a few occasions when we went to our RB2/3.(plus I don’t think Bell is playing healthy right now)

Robby Anderson has to be apart of this game plan. It cannot just be Crowder and DT. Continue to give multiple TE sets. Use Ryan Griffin and Daniel Brown!!! This offense looks so much smoother when we open it up with the TE. Darnold hit 7 different targets yesterday.

Make everyone available.

lastly.. that damn Josh Jacobs can play the passing game well too. Our linebackers need to be ready for wheels and flat route tosses all day. He will definitely be used in the passing game. 

• Upvote 1

Worried about this one. Raiders are a tough team. I think the secondary will be key here. I don't think the Raiders can run on the Jets and If the Jets can contain Carr I think they will have a great chance. We will see but I'm thinking this one might go south on them. Close game but I think the damned Raiders pull it out.good night sleep GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

Overall I think the Raiders are a better team than the Jets.

The Raiders and other WC teams tend to play worse than expected when they fly cross-country to play in the cold.  

My goal is for the Jets to continue to play well on the DL and for Darnold to continue to develop and play well without getting injured.

But considering whether the Jets win or lose is basically dependent upon how the OL plays, particularly Beachum, and Beachum is not under contract next year and getting older, if I had my druthers I would not be disappointed to see the Jets lose this one close and have them remain in contention to draft one of the two top Left Tackles.  

So my goal is to see the Jets win the games they are supposed to win while drafting Thomas or Wilfs.  With Tua out, I can see that opportunity fading away.  

Can’t get my hopes up because I know how that goes with this team. This game comes down to our offensive line not being offensive and GW calling a better game than he did in our last two losses. Winnable but most likely a bit of a fall back to reality. I hope I am wrong. 

Last time the Jets play the Oakland Raiders. Somehow won't be the same in the desert. 

So beat them in the name of Ben Davidson. 

Beat them in the name of Al Davis

Beat them in the name of Lamonica, Belitnikoff, Otto and Conners

Beat them in the name of Atkinson, Alzado and Wells

and well, heck, beat them in the name of Jennifer Edwards while you're at it

May the memory of Maynard making that catch in the swirling dust and paper live forever !

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jmat321 said:

All OAK has to do is pick up the blitz, and I think they win easy.  I expect the jets to fight thru 2-3 quarters, but just can't see a win here.

I hope the Jets plan is heavy dose of blitzes .   The Raiders are pretty good blitz pickup team. The Raiders strength is their Te’s, and RBs.   Carr gets up to the line of scrimmage early,  he does great job of reading defenses , and changing the play to what the defenses showing.  

When you see Rb  Jalen Richard in there , there a very Chance it’s a pass.  You know they are going to try to exploit the matchup with him on the Lb.

2 hours ago, jmat321 said:

All OAK has to do is pick up the blitz, and I think they win easy.  I expect the jets to fight thru 2-3 quarters, but just can't see a win here.

Despite the Raiders record, they really aren't a very good team. Very good team's aren't 3 pt favorites against the Jets. 

We have serious CB issues and Oline issues so losing this game is very possible, but it's more of a toss up than some here believe. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Despite the Raiders record, they really aren't a very good team. Very good team's aren't 3 pt favorites against the Jets. 

We have serious CB issues and Oline issues so losing this game is very possible, but it's more of a toss up than some here believe. 

Call me unimpressed with their 3 home wins of Bengals, Chargers & Bears. Good road win vs Indy but Indy LITERALLY had no starting WRs healthy in that game. Obviously we need our Oline & CBs to come up big in this one but I wouldn't be putting money up if I were a Raider fan. Sam just needs to protect the ball & it will be close. With the line playing better, Anderson will pop eventually, he's not great but he could have a Dallas type game. 

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Let Darnold sling it. Keep the defense honest with some deep throws to Robbie. 

Keep blitzing Jamal. He’s virtually unblockable when he’s flying in from the outside.  

Yes on both points. Keep Adams OUT of coverage. Best used as a blitzer. And why haven’t they thrown deep to Robbie? WTF. I don’t care if the OL can’t hold the line. Throw deep on unsuspecting downs. 

I seriously hate Oakland and their delusional inbred fans. The only team I hate more is the Pats. This crap organization has had 1 winning season since 2002 and you would think they are the Pats with the way their fans talk. They are an average football team that the jets can beat, especially at home. The key is the OL play once again. If they resemble just an average NFL Oline I think we can win. Please Jets, you have tortured me this year with your usual incompetence. Please give me this. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

I can only tell you this....Raiderholic will be sitting in church Sunday morning begging the Lord Jesus Christ to bring victory to his Raiders because he does not want to have to come to Jetnation to hash out a loss on this site! 

I just want the Jets to give him enough to worry about into the 4th quarter so he squirms like a slug sprinkled with salt. Raiders are definitely ahead of the Jets in the overall talent level, but this is the NFL & that's why they play the game. The Raiders wont be running on us that's for damn sure, and the Jets just need to stay within striking distance to take advantage of that power outage that happens to west coast teams playing early games on the east coast. 

No one has stopped the Raiders running game yet .   Lowest yard per average for Josh Jacobs is 4.3 yards per carry first week against Broncos.    The Bears were number 1 rush defense too, till they played the Raiders.

Everyone that  knows J Gruden - knows the Raiders are going to run the football a lot no matter who they play.( it’s the Jets this week).

If the Jets run the same type of offense they did vs. the Redskins, I'm sure the Jets can move the ball on the Raiders defense and score at least 23 points.  That being a given, the game will come down to the chess game between Chucky on offense and Greg Williams on defense.  Mostly the way Williams calls the coverages on the back end of the defense.  

9 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Josh Jacobs is a really good RB... Heck of a find for the Raiders... But if the Jets can clamp him down and make Carr beat them I think they have a shot.

The Raiders are the more talented team, but they're defense has holes. Their defense looked pretty good against the Bengals but the previous few weeks they've had to win shootouts... So the Jets should be able to score some points here.

It's at home and the Raiders need to fly all the way across the country for it... Also after this Jets game they play the Chiefs in a big division game... Maybe they end up looking ahead to that one and we surprise them? Could be a classic "trap" game. 

Heck of a find?  He was a 1st round pick out of Alabama