JetNation

Cimini: Darnold Meeting With Gase got Offense on Right Track

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is how Gase got a head coach opportunity in the first place - sit back and let the QB tell you how to run the offense.

gase-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=we

Was thinking the same exact thing.  But in order for this type of situation to work we need two things:

1. A QB who is good enough and smart enough to know, say and do what he wants on the field

2. A HC who is willing to listen, will swallow some pride and accommodate said QB.

Perhaps, we actually have both.

My one big concern is how did Gase not see these trends and identify Darnold's best style of play earlier?  Surely, he had to have seen tape from last year and known that one of the things Darnold is best at is rolling out and throwing on the run.  In this regard I'd honestly put Sam right up there with guys like Mahomes in his ability to accurately throw on the run. It's a concern to me that Gase either didn't see or didn't want to implement a style of play that would both fit with Sam's strengths as well as mitigate some of our OLine weaknesses.

But oh well....hopefully we're on a better track now.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Translation: the plane got the team motivated. 

Seriously!

That flight around Manhattan could turn out to be the single greatest manned flight since the Wright brothers in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.

• Haha 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company