Cimini: Darnold Meeting With Gase got Offense on Right Track

JetNation

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sam: Please make a left tackle block for me please

Adam Gase: No! I am both stubborn and stupid and you shall NOT have a functional left tackle! The plane was JUSTIFIED!

Sam: Please, I beg of you.

AG: I coached Peyton MANNING!

Sam: I’ll give you a million dollars!

AG: And your Corvette!

Sam: Fine!

AG: You’ve got a deal, mister. But I am still STUPID and Mike McCarthy is so much better than me!!!!!! 

SD: I'll get the blonde with big tjts that gave me mono to blow you...

AG: You got a deal ginger beard.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Interesting watch on the Patriots bench yesterday in between series.

Patriots coordinator on bench talking with Tom Brady, asking what plays he wants to run (my assumption of what was going on).

Next Patriots coordinator is with rest of offense telling them "this is what Tom wants to run" (my assumption).

more posts about your feelings pls

• Haha 2

Darnold on with Michael Kay. Boring, as always, but two interesting things:

1. disputes the characterization that he was angry about the game plans, and went on and on about how Gase is a great communicator who is open and easy to talk to. Says he talks to Gase all the time about ideas for the offense, blah blah blah. 

2 When prompter to comment on Jamal Adams, he gave a cursory “yeah, he’s special,” but then immediately jumped into extended praise for the defense as a whole.

3. Then asked about Ryan Griffin, Darnold kept reiterating how unselfish Griffin is and how Griffin is humble and always credits the whole offense for his personal success. A clear and devastating rebuke of Carmelo Adamsy 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. disputes the characterization that he was angry about the game plans, and went on and on about how Gase is a great communicator who is open and easy to talk to. Says he talks to Gase all the time about ideas for the offense, blah blah blah. 

2 When prompter to comment on Jamal Adams, he gave a cursory “yeah, he’s special,” but then immediately jumped into extended praise for the defense as a whole.

3. Then asked about Ryan Griffin, Darnold kept reiterating how unselfish Griffin is and how Griffin is humble and always credits the whole offense for his personal success. A clear and devastating rebuke of Carmelo Adamsy 

I get a kick of how patient/defensive you are about Gase yet have next to no tolerance for Jamal Adams.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

You're not allowed to use my moniker for Carmelo Watson and apply it to Jamall Pro.  I saw you try it with Porzingis as well..  knock it off or you'll be hearing from my attorney.

I’ve had you and Integrity28 on mute since the Herm Era so I’m not sure what intellectual property rights you’re referring to. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

agree darnold can do more than improvise and play schoolyard bal, but when you have a QB that can do both, it is an advantage to gear up to keep all options open.  It gives you flexibility to attack different defenses in different ways as needed.  It is "Dan Henning 101".  Look at what he did with Joe T. and the hogs with the Redskins and then see how he got Vinny T to play when he came to the Jets.  Same OC with different QB's running a very different offense for each respective QB. Either expand the offense or limit it to what the QB does best.  It looked like Gase still thought P. Mannig was is QB.  With Darnold you want the full package.  You really cant have that without lineman that can play in a man scheme.  Same deal with the running style of Bell.  You want athletic guards like DeCastro and Fancea that can get out and pull

Exactly, Darnold presents so many more threats to a Defense than most of the other QBs in the league it is foolish not to take advantage of all those attributes.

I don't know exactly what to think of Gase right now.  Disgusted how he appears to have wanted to put square plugs in round holes like the majority of Jet coaches over long periods of time...throughout the entire first half of this year, having Darnold take straight drop backs, if he gets clocked by 3 guys simultaneously.."oh well", but now they've scored for 4 consecutive games on their 1st possession which leads you to believe that Gase can put a scheme together based on the opposition D.  Prior to that they had gone 30 consecutive games without scoring a TD on the 1st possession haha...again what "coaching"...Jeez.

My best hope is that Gase pretty much just gets out of the way and lets Darnold's talent dictate the flow of every game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

L'Eveon Bell will be the next in line to tell Gase how the offense needs to be fixed to get the running game going....give him 25 touches............ followed by Robbie Anderson telling him how the vertical passing game needs to be fixed....... give him 12 targets/ game

The best thing that could happen to Sam is this oline making it attractive to give Bell 25 carries. 

I’m not a professional QB, but I did play D3 CFB a long time ago (certainly don’t qualify as an expert).

Coaches talk to QBs all the time about executing within the structure of the offense. Sams biggest flaw IMO is that he leaves the pocket too quickly. He’s got the talent to make some crazy plays off script, but he won’t be consistent until he gets better from the pocket, and learns to step up rather than vacate. 

31 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Exactly, Darnold presents so many more threats to a Defense than most of the other QBs in the league it is foolish not to take advantage of all those attributes.

I don't know exactly what to think of Gase right now.  Disgusted how he appears to have wanted to put square plugs in round holes like the majority of Jet coaches over long periods of time...throughout the entire first half of this year, having Darnold take straight drop backs, if he gets clocked by 3 guys simultaneously.."oh well", but now they've scored for 4 consecutive games on their 1st possession which leads you to believe that Gase can put a scheme together based on the opposition D.  Prior to that they had gone 30 consecutive games without scoring a TD on the 1st possession haha...again what "coaching"...Jeez.

My best hope is that Gase pretty much just gets out of the way and lets Darnold's talent dictate the flow of every game.

Scripted plays yes. Where he can get better is adjustments. And people need to be talking with Sam in game. I am delighted to hear he is a great communicator, hoping to see more of it on Sundays...

9 hours ago, JetNation said:

Adam Gase

For much of the Jets season, observers were left scratching their heads and wondering why head coach Adam Gase wasn’t playing to the strengths of quarterback Sam Darnold.  Yes, Darnold missed a chunk of time after week one, but even after his return, there weren’t any rollouts, very little play action, no run-pass options.  Well, not enough to make an impact anyway.  For some reason, many of the things that had Darnold playing like a franchise quarterback late last season were no longer present.  It seems Darnold noticed, and he took things in to his own hands.

It all started changing for Darnold when, after the Jacksonville disaster, he met with Gase and started telling him how HE wanted the offense to run. #Jets https://t.co/90Xdxgz0IT

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) November 18, 2019

According to Rich Cimini of ESPN, Darnold met with Gase after the Jacksonville loss and told him how he would like the offense to run.  Darnold was suddenly more assertive in meetings with Gase as well, a trait that has apparently carried over to the huddle where Darnold appears to be feeling more comfortable.

In the three games since the two met, the Jets are 2-1 with Darnold throwing six touchdowns to just two interceptions while completing 66% of his passes.  Prior to that, Darnold had thrown 5 touchdowns and an eye-popping 8 interceptions.

The best of the three games came yesterday when the Redskins surrendered a season-high 4 touchdown passes to Darnold along with his 293 yards through the air despite having the league’s 14th ranked pass defense going into the day.  Darnold showed excellent touch when it was needed and put enough mustard on the ball as well when the situation called for it.

So just when fans were beginning to worry about Adam Gase having broken Sam Darnold, it appears Darnold may have stepped up and helped fix Adam Gase.

The post Cimini: Darnold Meeting With Gase got Offense on Right Track appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

a3OHQ1rtUhM

Click here to read the full story...

THIS is what you want to see...this is perfect...excellent...music to my mother ******* ears.

Good for you, Sam.  You saved the season AND your career by telling this sociopathic bozo what the **** to do...bravo!

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Not just the manpower up front, but the blocking scheme.  There was a lot more aggressive man-blocking up front.  The type of line blocking you would expect with a QB that likes to move the pocket, roll out, extend the play, allow for pass catchers to do some freelance and find the sweet spots, etc..  The zone crap they were doing before was for a QB like P. Manning that likes to stay in one place and execute timing passes on exact and expected routs.  That is NOT what Darnold does best.  

good call

49 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Gase is a nitwit. It's pretty sad that we have to wish that he just gets out of the way. Maybe he can just sit on the bench by himself the whole game from now on. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

AKA Adams is a dickhead, you know it, I know it, we all know it...

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You know I like PresMal but Melo actually isn’t a bad comparison ?

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sam: Please make a left tackle block for me please

Adam Gase: No! I am both stubborn and stupid and you shall NOT have a functional left tackle! The plane was JUSTIFIED!

Sam: Please, I beg of you.

AG: I coached Peyton MANNING!

Sam: I’ll give you a million dollars!

AG: And your Corvette!

Sam: Fine!

AG: You’ve got a deal, mister. But I am still STUPID and Mike McCarthy is so much better than me!!!!!! 

Wow...Adam Gase is much more reasonable than I gave him credit 

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Gase is a nitwit. It's pretty sad that we have to wish that he just gets out of the way. Maybe he can just sit on the bench by himself the whole game from now on. 

The 4 consecutive scripted opening TD drives should give more Hope than say if Bowles were still coach.  

I really think that Darnold’s talent will take over everything once he gets more help on the OL and more time, and Gase will realize that it’s in his own best interest to leave Darnold alone.  This is why I worried about Darnold dragging Maccagnan along for 10 years. Very lucky that never materialized and as luck would have it, Gase always carries his shiv.

I remember reading that in training camp when Gase was installing the O, he was trying to figure out which plays the O was most comfortable running. When Gase would want to move on from a play that just wasn’t working, Sam would insist that they keep running it because he wanted to be able to run ALL of the plays in the playbook.

IMO Sam is such  a charismatic leader type that Gase got suckered into “believing” Sam can do anything. It’s just further proof that Gase not much of a leader himself.