What is your confidence level that Sam Darnold is the Jets long-term Franchise QB?

jetstream23

How confident are you that Darnold is the franchise quarterback the Jets have longed for?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you that Darnold is the long-term answer at quarterback for the Jets?

• 100% Confident. I've seen enough to know Sam is "the one." No doubt.
    • Very Confident. He's trending towards being an excellent QB. I think he's our 10+ year QB.
    • Pretty sure. He's looked great at times, but not consistent enough yet to know if he's truly the guy.
    • Not sure. It's been a mix of good games and bad games. Still too many mistakes to know if he can be the answer.
    • Not confident. He's not nearly consistent enough and games like New England are a big red flag for me.

16 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

He's inconsistent because he doesn't have an OL, not even a serviceable one. Once we put a legit OL in front of him, we can see who he really is. I like his attitude, and I like that he recovers from mistakes made in game and it's not like an avalanche of bad decisions because he gets all emotional about the one mistake. If the Jets don't get him an OL, then it will just be a waste of a good QB. I don't know how good he can be, time will tell. 

We all like to spout this, but the kid's greatest ability is extending plays.  Giving him a better line minimizes the need for that.  I'm sure he would be better, but it doesn't automatically make him elite.   

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It should, but nothing if ever predictable. He has a lot more raw talent then mark Sanchez ever did, but he was someone we thought would improve with years too.. Mark had 1 of the best OL in league for his first 2 years and still sucked ha. Think everyone is way too in a rush to judge rookies.. or 2nd, even 3rd yr  qbs

Agree.  It always seems like the Jets are out of sync.  The years when we have a great OLine, solid D, etc. the QB stinks.  When we finally have a good QB (O'Brien, Darnold) we seem to have crap around him.  Or, the coach is bad.  If only we could put it all together for a couple of seasons.  I think that's the opportunity in front of Joe Douglas right now.  There are no shortcuts but with how bad this roster is I think Douglas can make some big improvements quickly.  A combination of Draft, FA and simply guys returning from IR (Mosley, Herndon, etc.) could help this team make a jump.

I would have loved to have seen Darnold at QB with the team the Jets had in those 2009 - 2011 years.

• Upvote 2

Found these interesting stats. Not excuses, but reflective of how confounding the conditions are around Darnold's performance this year.  He has gotten the most pressure and had the least amount of time of any QB in the league - despite that his rate of INT when under pressure isn't terrific, not sure if their is any further analysis that correlates performance when under pressure with time you have on the ball....

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

1122755591_ScreenShot2019-11-19at11_17_23AM.png.45492d6ec9cc6771696ace04fc342e54.png

Interesting.  Carr has been playing well this year and I think his weapons are better than in years past.  Second season in Gruden's offense also paying off.  Sam is very good company on the list.  You could argue the top 3 guys are the best QBs in the NFL right now.

curious as to source...   not a challenge...    iirc, i usually say per PFF, per fooutball outsiders...

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

We all like to spout this, but the kid's greatest ability is extending plays.  Giving him a better line minimizes the need for that.  I'm sure he would be better, but it doesn't automatically make him elite.   

I didn't say it did, but it would allow us to see what we are really working with, and he could get into a rhythm... and we can see how good he is. Is he a Philip Rivers type or is he much better?

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

1122755591_ScreenShot2019-11-19at11_17_23AM.png.45492d6ec9cc6771696ace04fc342e54.png

Interesting.  Carr has been playing well this year and I think his weapons are better than in years past.  Second season in Gruden's offense also paying off.  Sam is very good company on the list.  You could argue the top 3 guys are the best QBs in the NFL right now.

so this is a stat the is measuring how many times the QB has been pressured, then finding out how many TDs thrown on those attempts....  

On 11/18/2019 at 3:51 PM, joewilly12 said:

NJ.com predicts NY Jets wind up picking #5 in 2020 NFL draft. 

5) Jets: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

The Jets have the makings of a dynamic offense with quarterback Sam Darnold, running back Le’Veon Bell and possession receiver Jamison Crowder, but add the premier wide receiver and a legitimate deep threat in Alabama's Jerry Jeudy to Darnold’s arsenal.

I like Jeudy, but hes smallish. Hope he runs a 4.3. Runs great routes and has good hands (not the best hands on his own team, per himself), but hes not a prototype 

I like the LSU kid Jefferson or CeeDee Lamb. Both look as fast and dynamic as JJ, but bigger. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I like Jeudy, but hes smallish. Hope he runs a 4.3. Runs great routes and has good hands (not the best hands on his own team, per himself), but hes not a prototype 

I like the LSU kid Jefferson or CeeDee Lamb. Both look as fast and dynamic as JJ, but bigger. 

lamb and jeudy have very similar builds to the guy you all love to insult, Robby Anderson.

btw, when did 6'1" become smallish.

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

go at look up the height/weight on jeudy, lamb and jefferson... all weigh 190ish, like Ro bby

Jerry Jeudy
Football player

Description

Jerry Jeudy is an American football wide receiver for the Alabama Crimson Tide. Wikipedia

Born: April 24, 1999 (age 20 years), Deerfield Beach, FL
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
Weight: 192 lb (87 kg)

CeeDee Lamb
Football player

Description

Cedarian "CeeDee" Lamb is an American football wide receiver for the Oklahoma Sooners. Ceedee has played two seasons for the Oklahoma Sooners and has started in 13 games in both his freshmen and sophomore seasons. Wikipedia

Born: April 8, 1999 (age 20 years), Richmond, TX
Height: 6 ft 2.5 in (1.89 m)
Weight: 195 lb (88 kg)

Justin Jefferson
LSU Tigers – No. 2
Position Wide receiver
Class Junior
Career history
College
  • LSU (2017–present)
Bowl games
High school Destrehan
(Destrehan, Louisiana)
Personal information
Born: St. Rose, Louisiana
Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
Weight 192 lb (87 kg)

Robby Anderson
Football wide receiver

Description

Robert Steven Anderson is an American football wide receiver for the New York Jets of the National Football League. He played college football at Temple. Anderson was signed by the Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2016. Wikipedia

Born: May 9, 1993 (age 26 years), Teaneck, NJ
Weight: 190 lbs
Height: 6′ 3″