What is your confidence level that Sam Darnold is the Jets long-term Franchise QB?

jetstream23

How confident are you that Darnold is the franchise quarterback the Jets have longed for?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you that Darnold is the long-term answer at quarterback for the Jets?

• 100% Confident. I've seen enough to know Sam is "the one." No doubt.
    • Very Confident. He's trending towards being an excellent QB. I think he's our 10+ year QB.
    • Pretty sure. He's looked great at times, but not consistent enough yet to know if he's truly the guy.
    • Not sure. It's been a mix of good games and bad games. Still too many mistakes to know if he can be the answer.
    • Not confident. He's not nearly consistent enough and games like New England are a big red flag for me.

13 minutes ago, Losmeister said:
Jerry Jeudy
Football player

Description

Jerry Jeudy is an American football wide receiver for the Alabama Crimson Tide. Wikipedia

Born: April 24, 1999 (age 20 years), Deerfield Beach, FL
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
Weight: 192 lb (87 kg)

CeeDee Lamb
Football player

Description

Cedarian "CeeDee" Lamb is an American football wide receiver for the Oklahoma Sooners. Ceedee has played two seasons for the Oklahoma Sooners and has started in 13 games in both his freshmen and sophomore seasons. Wikipedia

Born: April 8, 1999 (age 20 years), Richmond, TX
Height: 6 ft 2.5 in (1.89 m)
Weight: 195 lb (88 kg)

Justin Jefferson
LSU Tigers – No. 2
Position Wide receiver
Class Junior
Career history
College
  • LSU (2017–present)
Bowl games
High school Destrehan
(Destrehan, Louisiana)
Personal information
Born: St. Rose, Louisiana
Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
Weight 192 lb (87 kg)

Robby Anderson
Football wide receiver

Description

Robert Steven Anderson is an American football wide receiver for the New York Jets of the National Football League. He played college football at Temple. Anderson was signed by the Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2016. Wikipedia

Born: May 9, 1993 (age 26 years), Teaneck, NJ
Weight: 190 lbs
Height: 6′ 3″

4BCFE0A400000578-5685485-image-a-12_1525358016487.jpg.6af1d9815f51557d3ef7f9a04c8cc9ac.jpg

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

all 4 are w/in 2" in height, 5lbs in weight

Image result for jerry jeudy

Calvin Johnson and Stephen Hill had similar measurements, therefore, they are identical in ability.

Stop it. Jeudy, Lamb, and Jefferson will be first round picks because of their measurables combined with how they play the game.

Robby Anderson is a stick who runs fast but plays like a pussy in traffic, and was deemed undraftable by the entire league. 

Stop it, man. Please. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Stop it, man. Please. 

The physique is almost identical. YOU slammed Robby for being a "stick man."

My only response was on physique.

I think all 3 will likely be very good and MORE useful than Robby.

But it wont be b/c they are so different as far as their physique is concerned.

And Tyreek Hill and  Stefon Diggs are superior than the prototype #1WR on contested catches

cos of ability, not b/c they are built like J Jones or M Evans....

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nfls-top-receivers-in-contested-catch-situations

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:52 PM, Losmeister said:

The physique is almost identical. YOU slammed Robby for being a "stick man."

My only response was on physique.

I think all 3 will likely be very good and MORE useful than Robby.

But it wont be b/c they are so different as far as their physique is concerned.

And Tyreek Hill and  Stefon Diggs are superior than the prototype #1WR on contested catches

cos of ability, not b/c they are built like J Jones or M Evans....

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nfls-top-receivers-in-contested-catch-situations

Robby just isn’t that good.  It’s not his physique that is the issue it’s skill

That said the free agent list of WRs this upcoming offseason is hideous.  Robby is going to be the 3rd or 4th best WR available so he’s getting paid

I really think it all depends on this year's draft.  If they build him a line- which they  will likely be able to do if they choose, and get him a quality wide receiver, which I think should be earmarked for the third round pick they got for Williams then I say yes.  If they take a corner in the first round then no.  Before he can be the man he has to be given the tools.

On 11/19/2019 at 4:50 PM, Losmeister said:

2 years...  by 2021? By what metric? ESPN QBR? Football outsiders?

I'll bet each of you...  the 4 likers of your post. $100 that this does not happen.

I don't bet, but are you still so sure after the last 2 weeks?  Sam is everything we thought he was:  A great QB.